Author Topic: P39Q for this Tour  (Read 4437 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: P39Q for this Tour
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2013, 03:42:13 PM »
I don't mean to differ with your philosophy but I don't think the majority of players see combat as you do. I think for the most part they'd rather kill other players and not actually get killed themselves. In other words the combat is all well and good as long as they are doing it to other players.

you are right of course....

it has to be sad as all hell knowing you were the 6/7th guy on one....or you run to ack every time you don't have advantage....or your opening move is the HO then your second move is call for help on country channel. :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »
When there's 300 guys on, thats 300 players breaking the unwritten rules of 299 other players.  Hard to keep track of when its 299 different sets of rules and they are all right and all wrong.  This will never change.

As for the 39, I stink in it (and many others) but its like shooting rifles at 1500 yards. After doping the wind and drops, and dealing with mirage at that range, 700 yards suddenly feels like a chip shot.  
AMAX  in game

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2013, 05:40:59 PM »
There are no rules in the MA as it should be. Otherwise only the sharks would have any kind of fun having mastered the bleeding edges of the rules. The DA, AvA, and SEA are about rules based combat. I have no problem with someone being branded whatever by those in the DA if that person flakes on the DA rules to protect themselves from shame while in the DA, dueling. The same for the other rules based arenas if you break those rules. As someone famous once said" "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar"s........."

The only rule in the MA is: "No Rules"

I'm sure INK if asked can distribute the standard list of rules governing dueling in the "DA" for those interested in dueling in the DA with INK.

You need an environment where 80% of the paying customers can account for combat in any manner that's fun for them. Opposed to a constant peer shaming judgment of their standing as a person in the face of paying Hitech Creations Inc. their hard earned money for a good time. That $14.95 makes everyone equal in the MA. All the other outcomes from combat encounters, some people like in real life are more motivated than others. But, that doesn't make them any better of a human being than others. Just talented at going piu, piu, piu in a cartoon game.

If you need to constantly tell others that you are superior to them in the face of the obvious to your talents? What is your problem? Most players just want to get on with what they are paying $14.95 for and have "their" fun "their" way. Everyone knows you are there. If anyone wants to go at it with you they are very aware from the loud and constant insulting where to find you.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2013, 05:46:37 PM »
There are no rules in the MA as it should be. Otherwise only the sharks would have any kind of fun having mastered the bleeding edges of the rules. The DA, AvA, and SEA are about rules based combat. I have no problem with someone being branded whatever by those in the DA if that person flakes on the DA rules to protect themselves from shame while in the DA, dueling. The same for the other rules based arenas if you break those rules. As someone famous once said" "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar"s........."

The only rule in the MA is: "No Rules"

I'm sure INK if asked can distribute the standard list of rules governing dueling in the "DA" for those interested in dueling in the DA with INK.

You need an environment where 80% of the paying customers can account for combat in any manner that's fun for them. Opposed to a constant peer shaming judgment of their standing as a person in the face of paying Hitech Creations Inc. their hard earned money for a good time. That $14.95 makes everyone equal in the MA. All the other outcomes from combat encounters, some people like in real life are more motivated than others. But, that doesn't make them any better of a human being than others. Just talented at going piu, piu, piu in a cartoon game.

If you need to constantly tell others that you are superior to them in the face of the obvious to your talents? What is your problem? Most players just want to get on with what they are paying $14.95 for and have "their" fun "their" way. Everyone knows you are there. If anyone wants to go at it with you they are very aware from the loud and constant insulting where to find you.

:rofl

you crack me up.....

post one quote from me where I say I am better then anyone. :rolleyes:

calling out lame game behavior is what it is.....seeings how you have to respond to just about everyone of my posts about lame game behavior I see what I say tweaks your nipples....

:rofl :rofl :rofl

truth hurt change your reality. :aok

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2013, 05:50:07 PM »
Can be a fun ride. Listen to Krusty and TB they have it right.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2013, 06:37:51 PM »

:rofl

you crack me up.....

post one quote from me where I say I am better then anyone. :rolleyes:

calling out lame game behavior is what it is.....seeings how you have to respond to just about everyone of my posts about lame game behavior I see what I say tweaks your nipples....

:rofl :rofl :rofl

truth hurt change your reality. :aok

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »
This
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »

once again...I ask you to quote a post where I say I am superior  :headscratch:

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2013, 01:24:04 AM »
So are you saying I suck and I'm a lemming?
Yes!  :rofl

uhm, no.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2013, 01:32:26 AM »
Personally, I think it's deplorable that Bustr forces his rules upon us as to how we can and cannot socially influence others.  There are no rules against calling something lame.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2013, 02:15:10 AM »
you are right of course....

it has to be sad as all hell knowing you were the 6/7th guy on one....or you run to ack every time you don't have advantage....or your opening move is the HO then your second move is call for help on country channel. :rofl :rofl :rofl

I often used to wonder how one could get a feeling of achievement by doing those things. From their perspective they just want you dead by any means. In a ganging situation they probably have selective vision about the other green guys around them, at this point it's not beating you but rather beating the others in the gang to get you that becomes the challenge. The majority of players have basically paid their $15 to win, and winning goes on the scoreboard after all.

It gets more complicated with some of the very co-ordinated squads. They'll fight you one on one until the fight turns South for them and then call a wingman in to scrape you off. Smart? Probably, but rather unsporting.

Every now and again you meet the real thing though, often flying alone and a quiet one you might not have even heard about before, never or seldom see on the BBS. Real skill and guile in combat. Don't really care about the result as much as the fight. They are very rare though but the most rewarding to fight.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2013, 06:29:15 AM »
Had a pretty good night in the MA last evening.  Most of the time was spent on the deck in a base defense.  The 39 held its own with Spits, 109s, mustangs and the like when I caught them slow.

I am slowly getting a handle on the canon slow fire rate.

On a hard roll reversal to left near stall on the deck. . . well, that didn't go well.

The wep on this plane is the real saving grace.

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2013, 06:48:50 AM »
Ink what program is that to obatain those statistics? I've never seen that before
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2013, 06:49:53 AM »
Ink what program is that to obatain those statistics? I've never seen that before

That's Spatulas' old Pilot Stats program.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2013, 07:47:06 AM »
sorry I will never accept that people "play" a combat game to avoid combat.....go friggen play off line if you don't want to get dirty.

I'd have went with "go play online golf, at least they provide the balls."

:aok

edit: and to stay on-topic, both the 39's are fun little rides - just work *with* it, it doesn't like to be forced.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:56:38 AM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.