Author Topic: Take off flare for missions  (Read 628 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Take off flare for missions
« on: September 06, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »
One thing to add to realism that would be cool, would be a takeoff flare on heavy bomber missions. http://www.flickr.com/photos/8648827@N06/5102297492/ Maybe something like that... but visible during daylight.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
Re: Take off flare for missions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 11:03:38 PM »
Great idea. Simple and immersive.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:53 PM »
I just came up with the perfect add on to your idea.

Any time someone comes in for a wheels down landing, a flare goes up and an auto vox message says, "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that."

:D
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:34:46 AM »
One thing to add to realism that would be cool, would be a takeoff flare on heavy bomber missions. http://www.flickr.com/photos/8648827@N06/5102297492/ Maybe something like that... but visible during daylight.

who would shoot the flair and second who on the mission would see it?  when you spawn on mission the engines are already on and the plane moving anyway.

unless you suggest that planes spawn with engines off and wait for the flare, which will also be hard to do when you have a few bombers bunched up together on the runway.

on second thought, please allow it, it will be a warning that it's time to zoom on the runway with rockets  :devil.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 11:10:22 PM »
I just came up with the perfect add on to your idea.

Any time someone comes in for a wheels up landing, a flare goes up and an auto vox message says, "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that."

:D

Fixed :rolleyes:

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 09:56:54 AM »
NPC guy standing on the balcony of the tower shoots the flare when mission leader pushes a key?

And then the flare flys all over erratically until it finally lands on the nose of... wait for it...  of Semp's plane, every time!   :D
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »
I like your suggestion  :aok