Author Topic: Your Handle's History  (Read 7763 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Your Handle's History
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 10:13:34 AM »
Mines pretty simple. Storm chasing is my top hobby that I have the most time and money put into. Since I hate stuff like StrmChsr without vowels, I just went with chaser. Figured it to be better than meso, tornado, or any other storm related name.
Nerd! :D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
Needed to think of something when I first tried out the game.  Tried a few names that were taken so since I live in CO, "Aspen" came to mind and I flew under that for a while.  Took a couple years off and came back.  Aspen is about my least favorite town and sorta sounds like a perfume name so I decided to go with something else.  I shoot a lot and work in the firearm industry and AMAX is a model of bullet.  Short, easy to read and pronounce when getting a check six....which I need a lot of.
AMAX  in game

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2013, 12:27:57 PM »
Its from a song iKo iKo and have been iKo since 1995 Air warrior days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wNSHPQj0W8 and its about to Indian tribes fighting and the words just happened to fit the game also like burning down flags and the chiefs all dress in green and Red like your home country.
My 1st hearing of it was done by the Grateful Dead witch i have seen many times  :cool:

Words:

My grandma and your grandma were Sit-tin' by the fire. - My grandma told Your grandma "I'm gonna set your flag on fire."
Talk-in' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! IKO, IKO, un-day Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-n?. - Jock-a-mo fee na-n?
Look at my king all dressed in red IKO, IKO, un-day. I betcha five dollars he'll kill you dead Jock-a-mo fee na-n?
Talk-in' 'bout, Hey now ! Hey now ! IKO, IKO, un-day Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-n?. - Jock-a-mo fee na-n?
My flag boy and your flag boy were Sit-tin' by the fire. - My flag boy told Your flag boy "I'm gonna set your flag on fire."
See that guy all dressed in green ? IKO, IKO, un-day. He's not a man He's a lov-in' machine Jock-a mo fee na-n?

"Iko Iko" is a much-covered New Orleans song that tells of a parade collision between two "tribes" of Mardi Gras Indians and the traditional confrontation. The song, under the original title "Jock-A-Mo," was written in 1953 by James "Sugar Boy" Crawford in New Orleans. The story tells of a "spy boy" (i.e. a lookout for one band of Indians) encountering the "flag boy" or guidon carrier for another "tribe." He threatens to "set the flag on fire."

Crawford set phrases chanted by Mardi Gras Indians to music for the song. Crawford himself states that he has no idea what the words mean, and that he originally sang the phrase "Chock-a-mo," but the title was misheard by Chess Records and Checker Records president Leonard Chess, who misspelled it as "Jock-a-mo" for the record's release.

"Jock-a-mo" was the original version of the song "Iko Iko" recorded by The Dixie Cups in 1965. Their version came about by accident. They were in a New York City studio for a recording session when they began an impromptu version of "Iko Iko," accompanied only by drumsticks on studio ashtrays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iko_Iko

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2013, 01:01:47 PM »
Triton, it's actually more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUlKPthrag&list=PL564DC42B8474D62F Right Fulcrum?

No, that's kappa's boat.  His boat is bigger and has more chicks on it.   :mad:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2013, 04:09:45 PM »
Triton, it's actually more like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmUlKPthrag&list=PL564DC42B8474D62F Right Fulcrum?

Yep!  AKStuben, reporting for duty!  :salute
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2013, 04:36:23 PM »
Use to play this game series a lot. really enjoyed the original and the 2nd, the 3rd one was kinda "meh" and the 4th one was absolutely awful, but they redeemed the series with twisted metal black (still play this one occasionally). haven't had a chance to play any of them past black though.

been using "tmetal" for a while on many different games. It seems rather appropriate for AH as I tend to end my sorties buried under a pile of twisted metal at the bottom of a smoking crater.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2013, 04:58:12 PM »
Apparently it was more like 5. :huh

1 was 1 too many.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2013, 05:11:12 PM »
Its from a song iKo iKo and have been iKo since 1995 Air warrior days http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wNSHPQj0W8 and its about to Indian tribes fighting and the words just happened to fit the game also like burning down flags and the chiefs all dress in green and Red like your home country.
My 1st hearing of it was done by the Grateful Dead witch i have seen many times  :cool:

Words:

My grandma and your grandma were Sit-tin' by the fire. - My grandma told Your grandma "I'm gonna set your flag on fire."
Look at my king all dressed in red IKO, IKO, un-day. I betcha five dollars he'll kill you dead Jock-a-mo fee na-n?
My flag boy and your flag boy were Sit-tin' by the fire. - My flag boy told Your flag boy "I'm gonna set your flag on fire."
See that guy all dressed in green ? IKO, IKO, un-day. He's not a man He's a lov-in' machine Jock-a mo fee na-n?

"Iko Iko" is a much-covered New Orleans song that tells of a parade collision between two "tribes" of Mardi Gras Indians and the traditional confrontation. The song, under the original title "Jock-A-Mo," was written in 1953 by James "Sugar Boy" Crawford in New Orleans. The story tells of a "spy boy" (i.e. a lookout for one band of Indians) encountering the "flag boy" or guidon carrier for another "tribe." He threatens to "set the flag on fire."

Crawford set phrases chanted by Mardi Gras Indians to music for the song. Crawford himself states that he has no idea what the words mean, and that he originally sang the phrase "Chock-a-mo," but the title was misheard by Chess Records and Checker Records president Leonard Chess, who misspelled it as "Jock-a-mo" for the record's release.

"Jock-a-mo" was the original version of the song "Iko Iko" recorded by The Dixie Cups in 1965. Their version came about by accident. They were in a New York City studio for a recording session when they began an impromptu version of "Iko Iko," accompanied only by drumsticks on studio ashtrays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iko_Iko

Great !! Now that song is running through my brain !
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2013, 07:34:34 PM »

Great !! Now that song is running through my brain !

Tell me about it!  I now have the love boat going through my head..  :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least I didn't have to hear Fulcrum singing it ... lol   :D

(luvs you fully but your singing blows)

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2013, 07:42:50 PM »

I still long for the day where the characters from "The Love Boat" and "Star Trek:  The Next Generation" are swapped, with Piccard as Captain Stubing, Geordi as Gopher, Woopi as Isaac, Deanna Troi as Cruise Director Julie, and Dr. Crusher as Dr. Adam and vice versa.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2013, 07:54:27 PM »
Havermeyer was a B-25 bombardier in Joseph Heller's famous WWII book "Catch 22" whom the other pilots hated because he'd lead them on the straightest, most accurate path to target irrespective of how good a target that made him and his comrades for AA fire. I'm very willing to sacrifice a drone or two to achieve my mission, so I felt the name matched well.
Hopefully the families of the pilots and crew I've gotten killed don't hate me for it though.  :(

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2013, 08:26:16 PM »

Oh well, at least I didn't have to hear Fulcrum singing it ... lol   :D

(luvs you fully but your singing blows)

Yep. It sucks.  Matches my flying.

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2013, 11:29:21 PM »

Trust me...your flying is MUCH better than your singing ..  :D

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: September 12, 2013, 06:34:31 AM »
And your singing is better how, exactly? The term "howling wild cats" comes to mind....

I think my singing is lovely.... Especially when singing THE LOOOOVEEEE BOAT!