Author Topic: Need a good keyboard.  (Read 2017 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Need a good keyboard.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2013, 10:25:24 AM »
Yeah I thought so to. When i called them up and they said it was SUPPOSED to be like that I asked them, "why in hell would anyone make a keyboard like that anyway"? I suppose if your a fancy typist you dont need them cause your eyes arent on the keyboard.

Of course if your eyes arent on the keyboard why would it matter if the lettering wasnt on the keys anyways?

Maybe its just a German thing.

It's for bragging rights. It makes a statement when people see you use a blank keyboard :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »
I have a logitech G510 and love it, I have had it for aprox 2 years and with all the keys i can use in game ...wow. The best part is the back lit letters so I can see flying in the dark.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126323

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 03:59:34 AM »
TomsHardware made a review of 3 mechanical keyboards. Surprisingly the cheapest keyboard won... http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-keyboard-razer-logitech-gigabyte,3505-9.html
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 09:44:12 AM »
I always like the Logic tech but their customer service blows to the point of no return.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
TomsHardware made a review of 3 mechanical keyboards. Surprisingly the cheapest keyboard won... http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mechanical-keyboard-razer-logitech-gigabyte,3505-9.html

at 130 bucks, it isnt exactly cheap as it implies.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »

Good thing those prices are off by $10-$20.    :aok
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2013, 12:03:49 AM »

semp

Cheapest of the compared three. It seems you also have no idea (again) how expensive typically mechanical keyboards are. 130 bucks is not expensive for one. Now stop trolling.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 12:05:23 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2013, 12:06:41 AM »
I hope you buy a mechanical keyboard.  I've been using the original IBM "clicky" keyboard since the 90's, and also have a Razor BW mechanical, which keys aren't quite as nice and clicky as the original IBM which Skuzzy and HiTech use as well, but it's close, and is USB and has backlighting and a bunch of gamer options.  You can find them for 70$ if you look around now, I paid 100 a couple years ago for this one.  Once you try a mechanical keyboard, you'll never want to type of play with any regular type.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2013, 12:24:26 AM »
I use the $19 MS Optical mouse/keyboard combo.  I have to replace them about every 3-4 years.  The mouse scroll wheel is always the first thing to go (I use it as throttle in-game). 

I once wore the lettering off one of the keyboards... I'd be willing to sell it for a lot... it's special.

In 15-20 years I still won't have spent what you guys have and mine will be brand new.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2013, 12:35:57 AM »
Cheapest of the compared three. It seems you also have no idea (again) how expensive typically mechanical keyboards are. 130 bucks is not expensive for one. Now stop trolling.

no, you stop trolling.  if you say cheap, that means cheap.  not 10 or 20 times what a cheap keyboard would cost.

semp

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2013, 03:26:07 AM »
I've found Cooler Master's mechanical backlit for 60$, 50$ after a mail in rebate in a couple places in the first two minutes of checking prices.  While maybe not "cheap" as in the Keyboard in the no name section at Walmart, it certainly can't be called expensive.  Not for something you use more than any other device while on your computer.  Anyhow, that's what I would buy over a non mechanical G15 or something similar from Logitech say - and I used all those types of "gaming" keyboards with my IBM clicky AT keyboard until the new mechanical gamer boards became available. It's not that they 're bad or anything, they just don't offer the precise accurate keypress a mechanical does, and CM's keyboard at 50 bux is cheaper than the G15 type gamer boards as well, yet a much better typing experience, by far.

And, for the record, I'm typing this on my home entertainment system with....the same 19 dollar MS optical keyboard/mouse combo mentioned.  It works, but when I go to my desktop and type on it for 3 seconds, I remember just how crappy it actually is.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 03:27:47 AM by Gman »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2013, 04:12:50 AM »
no, you stop trolling.  if you say cheap, that means cheap.  not 10 or 20 times what a cheap keyboard would cost.

semp

Learn to read. I said the cheapEST won. Stop threadcrapping every thread.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:15:29 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »
no, you stop trolling.  if you say cheap, that means cheap.  not 10 or 20 times what a cheap keyboard would cost.

semp

Exactly. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2013, 10:00:09 PM »
Exactly. 

Another one with serious reading comprehension problems lol! If I say the cheapest of the three reviewed, does that mean it's still cheap? LEARN TO READ.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2013, 10:45:46 PM »
Another one with serious reading comprehension problems lol! If I say the cheapest of the three reviewed, does that mean it's still cheap? LEARN TO READ.

semp

I wasnt criticizing you as I was just making a comment that 130 bucks for a keyboard is not cheap.  you took it personal when you misunderstood my comment.

semp