Author Topic: Who saw more then 40 players on?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
Who saw more then 40 players on?
« on: December 27, 2001, 04:45:00 AM »
The most i saw in the CT during the hollidays was 40 players. But mostly the numbers was around 10 - 20 players max...

I´m an bit dissapointed at this  :( , could this have been due to the hollidays, people being away etc?

What can one do to help promote this arena? everytime you try to promote CT in the main you almost get flamed...

Regards
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2001, 06:31:00 AM »
Heck... I always friggen forget it exists. Guess I'll check it out. Is the P-38 there for use?

xBAT
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2001, 07:22:00 AM »
There will be over 40 in the CT tonight maniac. We're having a sqads night in there tonight. Gonna try to make it a weekly thing. Pilots are encouraged to get their squadrons in there and run some missions. This should be a blast.

I get dissapointed in the attendance at times myself. Then there are nights like last night when I log in and there are 30 or so pilots having a blast. Those times are pretty encouraging. Thanks for your interest in the CT and for flying there so often.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2001, 07:38:00 AM »
Ok i will check it out tonite for sure...

Will email this to my squad also...

Regards.

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2001, 08:14:00 AM »
Had great fun in the CT last night.  While the number of people was not huge (maybe 20 or 30 at most), we had a blast.  I plan on spending most of my time there if the numbers will allow it.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2001, 08:57:00 AM »
Im loving every second of the CT. The best thing is that the numbers doesnt matter. Yesterday when I came on we were just 4 LW pilots in there against 4-5 Allies. Didnt matter one bit, we flew a couple of missions and had a blast. Later we were about 10 per side, and it was awesome.

Yesterday I had my most fun night on AH (that wasnt Bigweek or TOD naturally), Im not going back into the MA.

<S> to all who flew there yesterday.

Steve74

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2001, 09:42:00 AM »
last night was fun 8 to 9:30 est

mainly 51b's & spit v's against our 109's.

great fun even thought the numbers were only 2 on 2 when I started & about 10 allies to 5 axis when I had to log. Though the numbers were low, there weren't any dweebs.

<S> to all of them, it was the way AH should be.
 fun & respectful.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2001, 05:22:00 PM »
S!

I saw 47 the first time I logged in and 39 the second time.

I think we can expect to start slow.  But as we learn what the players like, and improve our setups, I think we will increase our numbers.

Offline Bozon12

• Zinc Member
      • http://t2.technion.ac.il/~snordon/bozon
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2001, 08:55:00 PM »
I love the CT.
only problem is that usually when i'm online there are up to 10 plyers there, and it becomes more like a dualing areana, only harder to find the fight.
on the other hand, when numbers goes over 20-25 (rarly seen by me) players, things start to roll and it kicks arnold!

I suppose that most people are like me. if they see 10 people in the CT on the areana menu, they don't bother comming in - therefor only few come in...

we need to find a way to drag people into the CT on common basis. I just can't wait to see what happens when numbers goes over 60  :)

Bozon

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2001, 09:59:00 PM »
CT is awesome... haven't flown the MA in a week.

bozon, give it time, and keep on flying there.  Don't be afraid to fly LW or Allied to balance numbers.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2001, 05:29:00 AM »
Hi again, how did it turn out? i was on the whole evening, but being in europe i guess this event started to late for me...

Regards.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2001, 07:11:00 AM »
We didn't have as many as we had hoped for. I saw 48 in there at one time, but that's not really bad, there were a few fellas who said they didn't have enough time to round up their squads. I saw the 13th TAS with about 5 in there, Rampaging Rooks of Retribution and 56th Ftr group also had a good turnout. My squad had a decent showing.

I heard more positive than negative comments, I think this will grow in time.

Thanks all who participated.

[ 12-28-2001: Message edited by: hblair ]

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
Organizing a weekly "CT" night is a good way to promote the arena.  Such a weekly event is what kept AirWarrior's Full-Real Axis vs Allies arena alive, and it was fun, too.

Also, when building new terrains keep your player base in mind--don't design a terrain for 500 people when only 50-100 at most are likely to be there.   A 64 x 64 terrain is big enough; nothing larger than 128 x 128 is necessary.

J_A_B

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac:
The most i saw in the CT during the hollidays was 40 players. But mostly the numbers was around 10 - 20 players max...

I´m an bit dissapointed at this   :( , could this have been due to the hollidays, people being away etc?

What can one do to help promote this arena? everytime you try to promote CT in the main you almost get flamed...

Regards

Offline Krusher

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2001, 02:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac:

I´m an bit dissapointed at this   :( , could this have been due to the hollidays, people being away etc?

Regards

I called for a squad night for thursday and 4 pilots showed up. Yea the holidays have people busy doing the family thing right now