Author Topic: FesterMA submitted to HTC for use in Main Arena  (Read 9464 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: FesterMA submitted to HTC for use in Main Arena
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
 No matter what some think of the guy, the fact that he's contributed to players enjoyment of this game by producing these maps and skins can not be denied. I don't like Truman Capote personally but he writes a damn good book.

well after fester being a dick all over the bb including twice mentioning that he had "deleted" the map.  and rage quitting every other day.  and beatching about how his "beutiful map" was a waste of time based on the current graphics.  I would say, he should have gotten the map and well shove it in the recycle bin.

seriously I really do wish it doesnt get added.  not because I think it's a bad map as I have not seen it, but more because it wasnt worth the whining he did for the past year or so for that map.

semp
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:06:24 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2013, 10:37:40 AM »
I do not know who you sent them to, but I did not get them.  If our email server bounced them, you would have gotten an email about it.  If the terrain creator wishes to discuss this, so we can expedite things, please use email or PM's.

thanks skuzzy! private message sent over this bbs to you.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
well after fester being a dick all over the bb including twice mentioning that he had "deleted" the map.  and rage quitting every other day.  and beatching about how his "beutiful map" was a waste of time based on the current graphics.  I would say, he should have gotten the map and well shove it in the recycle bin.

seriously I really do wish it doesnt get added.  not because I think it's a bad map as I have not seen it, but more because it wasnt worth the whining he did for the past year or so for that map.

semp

Your whining gets a bit old too.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »
Your whining gets a bit old too.

oh man that's the best insult you can come up with?  and you call yourself a muppet  :rolleyes:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2013, 12:23:21 PM »
oh man that's the best insult you can come up with?  and you call yourself a muppet  :rolleyes:.

semp

Not an insult a request. Painful to watch a grown man get so worked up over cartoon pilots.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »
Painful to watch a grown man get so worked up over cartoon pilots.
OMG, I can't believe a Muppet said that.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2013, 01:10:36 PM »
fester terrain (newest version) now available in custom arenas download the fester terrain to look around.

NOTE: FESTERMA is the origional version not the updated one.

TO SEE NEW UPDTAED VERSION USE the fester terrain.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:34:53 PM by Citabria »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2013, 01:13:32 PM »
Thanks Fester

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2013, 01:15:37 PM »
OMG, I can't believe a Muppet said that.

:huh

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »
notes and areas of interest...

this map tries to incorporate as may varieties of fights as possible through using varied base setups and combinations. the fighting style (air vs air only, combined air/ground, ground vs ground, sea vs sea, air vs sea) of your preference should be available at any time depending on location you fight.

this is a medium sized map (like ozkansas my other ma terrain) on a 512 area with the front designed to be about the size of a small terrain while having depth enough to make large areas capturable while still making continued fights sustainable even with small numbers.

highly desirable center airbase has an uncapturable enemy vbase next to it to ensure this highly strategic location is under constant attack and very dangerous to fly out of.

carrier vs carrier fight setup in center of each sea with each side owning an uncapturable cv/port in each ocean with these fleets spawning in close proximity to a capturable port/ cv fleet. the owner of this fleet has three viable options in its use... defend port. attack coastal airbases. hide. all of which are strategically viable.

ozkansas gv/airbase chains extending to the enemy city which by design does not move when the bases near it are captured. thus allowing a gv assault/defense on the city itself if the opposing team is able to advance to it.

gv base chains isolated from airbases by distance and or terrains to increase time it takes for air attack on these locations and allow more concentrated gv vs gv action.

lots of rivers and hand textured and contoured terrain to bring maximum detail and realism possible.

great care has been placed upon making the setup of the map lend itself to promoting varied types of combat even with large portions of the map captured right up to the point where the map will be reset.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »
highly desirable center airbase has an uncapturable enemy vbase next to it to ensure this highly strategic location is under constant attack and very dangerous to fly out of.

In my opinion it's still very unbalancing giving one and only one country a 8k base with a clear path to both other countries strats from the start. That's a huge initial advantage
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »
I added the uncapturable gv bases right next to it to checkmate this base. it is initially given to the lower right country which tends to be attacked most for whatever reason.

a good m4 player can out of los shell down the airfield from his own gv pad or drive a very short distance to get more accurate line of sight and take out the two ammo bunkers to neuter this base.

the hope is such a valuable base will be the source of a lot of fighting over facilitated by gv bases uncapturable next to it making sure it is under constant threat of being over run. with the ammo bunkers hit aaa vehicles will have great fun with any planes strugling out of the place  :devil

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »
Hehehe can't wait!! Let the games begin new map I'm in!!! Thanks fester for the hard work :salute now fly so I can vulch you..oops I mean kill you :neener:
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2013, 04:35:17 PM »
gv base chains isolated from airbases by distance and or terrains to increase time it takes for air attack on these locations and allow more concentrated gv vs gv action.

oh Bear, sounds like we get date night back.

Ah.  I can speak jive.  It says:  Do not be a fireman.  Become a policeman instead.

You're welcome.

- oldman
uh oh, what if you're both? Does that bring balance to the farce?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »
Not an insult a request. Painful to watch a grown man get so worked up over cartoon pilots.

I am not worked up.  I didnt whine and beatch for two years and threaten to delete the map not once but twice and rage quit numerous times every week.  you want to see grown men all worked up over a cartoon game see no further than some of your squadies.

I come here to fly with a couple of friends, shoot the breeze, talk big about the "big one" that got away and laugh.  and if I dont get my way, I dont threaten to quit, or delete the film I have been working on for 3 years now (sorry shawk, still not happy with it :)).

on that note  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.