Author Topic: Staged bomber missions  (Read 968 times)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
Staged bomber missions
« on: September 18, 2013, 07:30:02 AM »
I set up a mission with 3 B17s for bomb practice.  Is there a way to make the AI bombers work as drones as they do online where they drop when the player drops, shoot at the same target as the player etc?

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Staged bomber missions
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
I don't think so. I think the AI will only drop on the target selected in the mission.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 10:46:52 AM »
I tried it and they do drop on the players drop command if the player is number one plane.  I did not assign targets, but made that segment a drop ord segment.  They target the attacking AI fighters independently and they open the bay doors apparently because it is a drop ord segment.  They do not close the doors while still in that segment even if the player closes his doors.  It works well for B17 bomb and fighter defense practice.  It is listed as smfldb17 for the ndisles terrain if anyone wants to try it.  I did not put a briefing to keep the start up time to a minimum, but let it auto takeoff and then it will warp to a point close to a small enemy airfield.  The others I have posted involve heavy fighters and are smfldp47, smfldp51 etc, all on ndisles and are the same except the AI fighters are in attack mode and won't drop their ords. 

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »
N
I don't think so. I think the AI will only drop on the target selected in the mission.

Nah, thay work just like normal formations...
However it is more fun if you do it with fighter jabos, they'll sort of dive bomb with you as long as you don't have them in a combat role
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »
That's good to know. I assume this works only if you are lead aircraft?

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 10:44:30 PM »
That's good to know. I assume this works only if you are lead aircraft?

Naturally
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...