Author Topic: Veteran players  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Re: Veteran players
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2013, 04:12:25 AM »
dweebs thou have been and dweebs shalt thou always be.

"And NOW!" they shrieked. "FINALLY art we Vets! Scourges of the Sky are WE!" Yet again, from the smoldering blue wreckage came the icy cry, "Nay, foul ack-runner. Thou art but headon Dweebs." And thus was born the Headon Dweeb, the Dora Dweeb, and the Ack-running Dweebs. And as the pitiful Dweebs began their long quest through the Promised Land of Rolling TerrainTM, and were blinded by the Sun GlareTM in search of their Holy Hurricane and the Zerstorer, did the voice of Doc rain down from on high and sweepeth them in a sandstorm of despair: "For all who play at Warbirds shalt always be Dweebish. Dweebs wert thou born. Dweebs thou art. Dweebs shalt thou be." And it was good.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2013, 04:47:54 AM »
13-14 years for me, plus a couple in AW.  Still can't fly a fighter without spinning in though.  :lol.
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2013, 05:29:17 AM »
<----   3 and a half years nooby
AoM
City of ice

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2013, 05:30:55 AM »
Well, being a vet  ( military , and received combat ribbons, battle e, etc ) never really mattered to me ...

I just appreciate all the others who served , especially the ones who gave all!

As for video flying combat Sims,... Well I think anyone who played via Delphi, compuserve and before AW4W

Maybe could say those who played svga AW....  

As for Fester's quote regarding dweebs ( lol ), seems both AW & WB had nearly identical or closely matched "books of" ..
regarding the history of both games... Some parts even written by the same player for each game, if I remember correctly..

Just learn to have fun,  and if you are able give back to the community in any way you can....
It is the communities that keeps us carrying on and moving forward!  So help the new players if you can

Cheers

TC of "The Damned <-- created 1987 by PT"

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2013, 11:17:37 AM »
Remember a vet as military goes is no longer on active duty. This makes me both a veteran of this game and The US Army. I was lucky enough to serve 5 years during peace time. Desert Storm happened about 2 years after I left the Army. Grenada before I joined. 

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2013, 11:43:47 AM »
Well, being a vet  ( military , and received combat ribbons, battle e, etc ) never really mattered to me ...

I just appreciate all the others who served , especially the ones who gave all!

TC

Remember a vet as military goes is no longer on active duty. This makes me both a veteran of this game and The US Army. I was lucky enough to serve 5 years during peace time. Desert Storm happened about 2 years after I left the Army. Grenada before I joined. 

Thank you for your service, Indian  :salute

as for my above quote, yes, I am a combat veteran myself........... I was just saying I never looked at being a Veteran more than just doing a job I volunteered to do for an agreed amount of time no matter what it might cost me... anyways it also is a family thing as well seems a handful of each generation keep stepping up...., I can see though rereading what I originally typed might mislead people in how I think or something .......

sorry if my original post confused anyone

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2013, 12:57:56 PM »
<S> to the real vets!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2013, 02:16:51 PM »
My mom is a real vet. She doesn't play, though. In fact, she doesn't even have a computer. Does she count?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #98 on: September 28, 2013, 05:13:56 PM »
<S> to the real vets!

4 years active/2 reserve .... cold war TAR - (had it easy, comparatively). <S> to the vets who didn't (and others who may have, anyway - service stands).  :salute :cheers:

Offline indian

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2013, 05:49:31 PM »
No offense taken. was only reminding everyone that vets are not currently active. I agree about each generation serving I have a Great Uncle who flew in the Army's 8th Air force, My Dad was a 20 year veteran of the Army (Vietnam) My Aunt (Dads sister) 20 year Navy veteran both active and reserves. My cousin (same aunts son) served in the Army. oth My Aunt and cousin were in desert. storm.

I thought this thread was interesting from the point I was one of the original plahyers when Aces High went live. I enjoyed it way to much. miss it a lot just have higher priorities at this time.

Now a story from the second convention. 2 good friends attended with me, I was one the the first trainers in this game so they challenged me to a dual in the training arena. They chose the 262 for the dual if you can call a 3 way fight a dual. We each chose our airfield close enough to get back in fight after we got shot down. This was all for fun. I wound up in the middle of them and proceeded to loop from field to field killing them just as they got off the ground.They accused me of cheating it wasn't cheating I failed to tell them that at that them there was no fuel burn or ammo lost. So I equipped the 262 with 1/4 tank fuel mad it light and fast very nimble. After a few runs like that I couldn't stop laughing and told them what was happening.

And to all Military Veterans Thanks for serving.