Author Topic: Let's get Nubes to the game  (Read 6764 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Let's get Nubes to the game
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »
Broke my heart .....

I was at the Alliance Air Show yesterday (Sunday Oct. 20) and saw this:

They had joysticks and pcs/screens set up for the public to try WT (and other products by the same company).
It was set up to run out of a Hummer2 and there was a trailer nearby that was stuffed with swag. The only thing
they didn't 'give away' (in a sense) were the t-shirts (took two kills to 'earn' one). I know that taking something
like this on a tour of every major airshow may not be fiscally practical (they also do this at quake-cons and the like)
.... but this is our backyard. We could embarrass them here. With the amount of locals in the vicinity, we could make
a couple of sim pits for things like this. Granted, the Alliance show vendor booth costs run:

Exhibit I    10'x10'    $2,750
Exhibit II    20'x20'    $4,345
Exhibit III    30'x30'    $5,885

Non-Profit Exhibit Rates:

10 x 10 $1,100
    20 x 20 $2,200

But it may be worth it. Better than a commercial, I think.

There's a year to think about it.

Offline david625

• Zinc Member
« Reply #106 on: October 21, 2013, 11:39:03 AM »
Have no fear people!
New guys are still coming in!

Why, just the other day a friend contacted me and told me I should give this Aces High game a try! He had just started playing and told me about how fun it is. Well, now we are both subscribed and flying  :rock

World of Warplanes and War Thunder are both jokes... I wish there was a committee that judged whether a game was worthy of being called a simulator or not. Nothing bums me out more then seeing "War Thunder BEST FLIGHT SIM EVER" written somewhere. I have found that games with less technical aspects tend to have more immature communities then games like this.
JG52 "Experten"

"Only in the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be." -Adolf Galland

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #107 on: October 21, 2013, 11:45:24 AM »
It's not fear .... it's a desire to promote locally, at least.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: October 21, 2013, 03:41:24 PM »
Broke my heart .....

I was at the Alliance Air Show yesterday (Sunday Oct. 20) and saw this:

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

They had joysticks and pcs/screens set up for the public to try WT (and other products by the same company).
It was set up to run out of a Hummer2 and there was a trailer nearby that was stuffed with swag. The only thing
they didn't 'give away' (in a sense) were the t-shirts (took two kills to 'earn' one). I know that taking something
like this on a tour of every major airshow may not be fiscally practical (they also do this at quake-cons and the like)
.... but this is our backyard. We could embarrass them here. With the amount of locals in the vicinity, we could make
a couple of sim pits for things like this. Granted, the Alliance show vendor booth costs run:

Exhibit I    10'x10'    $2,750
Exhibit II    20'x20'    $4,345
Exhibit III    30'x30'    $5,885

Non-Profit Exhibit Rates:

10 x 10 $1,100
    20 x 20 $2,200

But it may be worth it. Better than a commercial, I think.

There's a year to think about it.
.    I love the idea...
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #109 on: October 21, 2013, 03:46:55 PM »
Have no fear people!

I saw David on last night.  Welcome, David!  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: October 21, 2013, 03:51:45 PM »
Well, if anything, the wife and I are already considering a vendor plot there for the next Alliance Airshow. We were also considering handing out CDs of AHII with every shirt sale. It'll all depend on how this year goes for us. And yes, I've been daydreaming about making a sim-pit for a long long time.

Offline david625

• Zinc Member
« Reply #111 on: October 21, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »
I saw David on last night.  Welcome, David!  :aok
Thank you good sir!
JG52 "Experten"

"Only in the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be." -Adolf Galland

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: October 21, 2013, 05:59:27 PM »
Just  some food for thought.   
                                                                         Stating the Problem

1.   We are losing people  :furious :cry
                            2.   Not many new people joining
                            3.   Not enough Advertisment
                            4.   Lack of player support for going and doing there part to get people in the game.
                            5.   No donation sight for better advertisement campaign.

Options for fixing the problem

1.    A donation site set up for the benefit of getting a big add campaign going. :cheers:
                           2.    Some sort of website were we can enter email address for Hitech to send a email to. :x
                           3.    HTC Community help get others enthused.  :rock
                           4.    DO YOUR PART> :old:

These are my personal views and thoughts... I believe Hitech has done a awesome job. <S>  :salute
I just see as time moves on that more people are going to leave because there are not enough online. As this starts to happen, the rate of depopulating will accelerate at a alarming rate.

This is a call OUT to the community to help get more players in... The  MA has room for 600 people in it but I have never seen it fuller than 450 people..  :old:

Hitech if you need help sending emails out to people I would be willing to join in and help :salute :salute :salute
I came to AH due to a TV ad... Saw P-51's blazing guns on my TV when I looked over to it, it said Hitechcreations.com. Ready for the irony? I was playing War Thunder when the ad came on my TV.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #113 on: October 21, 2013, 06:10:04 PM »
I came to AH due to a TV ad... Saw P-51's blazing guns on my TV when I looked over to it, it said Hitechcreations.com. Ready for the irony? I was playing War Thunder when the ad came on my TV.

What caused you to try Aces High as opposed to just staying on War Thunder?

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: October 21, 2013, 06:41:55 PM »
What caused you to try Aces High as opposed to just staying on War Thunder?
I just wanted to see if AH was any good, and here I am, months later, War Thunder dug into the endless pit of my files on my computer, and Aces High at the top.  :cheers:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: October 21, 2013, 07:39:50 PM »
Have no fear people!

Why, just the other day a friend contacted me and told me I should give this Aces High game a try! He had just started playing and told me about how fun it is. Well, now we are both subscribed and flying  :rock

World of Warplanes and War Thunder are both jokes... I wish there was a committee that judged whether a game was worthy of being called a simulator or not. Nothing bums me out more then seeing "War Thunder BEST FLIGHT SIM EVER" written somewhere. I have found that games with less technical aspects tend to have more immature communities then games like this.
welcome David...to your new addiction lol :salute
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2013, 01:52:10 AM »
Well, if anything, the wife and I are already considering a vendor plot there for the next Alliance Airshow. We were also considering handing out CDs of AHII with every shirt sale. It'll all depend on how this year goes for us. And yes, I've been daydreaming about making a sim-pit for a long long time.

Me too.

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: October 26, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »
Just  some food for thought.  
                                                                         Stating the Problem

1.   We are losing people  :furious :cry
                            2.   Not many new people joining
                            3.   Not enough Advertisment
                            4.   Lack of player support for going and doing there part to get people in the game.
                            5.   No donation sight for better advertisement campaign.

Options for fixing the problem

1.    A donation site set up for the benefit of getting a big add campaign going. :cheers:
                           2.    Some sort of website were we can enter email address for Hitech to send a email to. :x
                           3.    HTC Community help get others enthused.  :rock
                           4.    DO YOUR PART> :old:

These are my personal views and thoughts... I believe Hitech has done a awesome job. <S>  :salute
I just see as time moves on that more people are going to leave because there are not enough online. As this starts to happen, the rate of depopulating will accelerate at a alarming rate.

This is a call OUT to the community to help get more players in... The  MA has room for 600 people in it but I have never seen it fuller than 450 people..  :old:

Hitech if you need help sending emails out to people I would be willing to join in and help :salute :salute :salute
:airplane: Well, here is my 2 cents worth!

#!- When a prospective customer signs up and downloads game for 2 week trail, he would be given email address to about 6 to 10 experienced players, who would then go through the basic things that you need to know to enjoy the game, complete with some basic flight lessons. (I still see experienced players crashing every time they RTB, because they can't land)
#2- Do away with chann 200, it does nothing to promote the game!!!
#3- Expand the Navy present in the game by adding LST's, patrol bombers, (PBY4's), expand the ground game to include infantry troops for base captures.
#4- Require 1 hour in training arena, complete with audio video, prior to being able to log into main arena's.
#5- Add some "eye" candy in the way of aircraft sitting on ramps and in hangars, jeeps or other vehicles moving around on base to give atmosphere of war, instead of the "ghost" bases we have now.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 12:46:58 PM by earl1937 »
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »
+1
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2013, 02:27:55 PM »
flyboy Well, here is my 2 cents worth!

#!- When a prospective customer signs up and downloads game for 2 week trail, he would be given email address to about 6 to 10 experienced players, who would then go through the basic things that you need to know to enjoy the game, complete with some basic flight lessons. (I still see experienced players crashing every time they RTB, because they can't land)
#2- Do away with chann 200, it does nothing to promote the game!!!
#3- Expand the Navy present in the game by adding LST's, patrol bombers, (PBY4's), expand the ground game to include infantry troops for base captures.
#4- Require 1 hour in training arena, complete with audio video, prior to being able to log into main arena's.
#5- Add some "eye" candy in the way of aircraft sitting on ramps and in hangars, jeeps or other vehicles moving around on base to give atmosphere of war, instead of the "ghost" bases we have now.

Great ideas, but I have to disagree on #2.  This is a social game.  Banter and cross country chat, poking, prodding, inciting riots all in the spirit of getting the enemy distracted and lose his SA is a long standing tradition in the game, and successful predecessors.  Now, of course, taking it too the point of disrupting the game itself is going to get people removed, but you don't shut down a social element simply for a few morons.  Especially when you, as an individual, have the ability to simply turn it off if you don't like it.  Removing something that is optional simply to satisfy your preference is never a good thing, in any number of situations.  Other than that, some great ideas here.  I really like the populating airfields with activity.  

Little uneasy about "forcing" new players to spend an hour in a training session.  Maybe have a mini main arena (mw perhaps) that anyone can fly in but you complete a training course to open up the full blown MA with all the planes and players.  Everyone plays for different reasons, and learns at different speeds.  Pushing them into forced training programs steps a bit outside of the game environment, I'm as stubborn as they come, I'll do anything at all to improve myself, including taking classes and sitting in the TA, up to and until I'm told I have to :)  
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 02:44:06 PM by ROC »
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.