Author Topic: Let's get Nubes to the game  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Let's get Nubes to the game
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »
  Is it possible to set up the GVs so the younger generation can use an X Box like controller?  Once into the game, the interest (or lack thereof) to 'fly' will take root (or not).

Absolutely.
In fact, the GV control system has been changed to the current one to make it much more accessible (esp. to new palyers), and did a great job doing so. Standard WASD controls, easy to map that to any kind of controller.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:15 PM »

Is it possible to set up the GVs so the younger generation can use an X Box like controller?  Once into the game, the interest (or lack thereof) to 'fly' will take root (or not).

Regards,

Yes, you can use an Xbox controller with AH and it works surprisingly rather well, especially for GVs.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2013, 07:57:57 PM »
Yep, there are some PC ports that still play better with a gamepad. Easy to solve, just plug in my xbox controller. Especially a lot of the indie games on Steam I've found are better to suited to a game pad.

Offline Basilbarfly

• Zinc Member
      • War in the Skies
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2013, 07:27:57 PM »
I have added this site to my website.  Hopefully you guys might go to it and see whats there.  I do this for fun and like to have some feedback on my forum regarding the different flight sims.  Come on down.
No, its not spam....

Thanks
BasilBarflyhttp://www.warintheskies.com

Now the reason I added to this thread is in regard to promotion of this game.  Now I have had my site up now for only 3 months, yet nobody has made any comment on any of the forums threads I have.  Now, how am I supposed to help promote this game when nobody from the sim flight games doesnt put anything up?   I have stats show how many people visit my site on a weekly basis, and I am getting around 250 hits a week, which isnt much, but its a start.  I have added promotional material to my site, but it would help with feedback.  I would like to do a promotional T-shirt,but would anyone buy it?  I need some feedback.

Thanks

Basil
http://www.warintheskies.com
Webmasters working to keep you informed.......

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2013, 09:39:47 PM »
If you've posted on all the flight sim forums I think you've done everything you can do Basil.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 09:56:48 PM by FLS »

Offline Basilbarfly

• Zinc Member
      • War in the Skies
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2013, 09:52:38 PM »
Hi, thanks for your insight.  However, if you go to my site and check out, say the A6M Zero, on the left hand side under specification, you will see a Sweatshirt with a Ghost Zero on it.  I think this is fairly unique as I have nev er seen ghost planes anywhere else on the web.

Thanks

Basil
Webmasters working to keep you informed.......

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 12, 2013, 09:54:57 PM »
So the unique content of your site is a sweatshirt you can buy?   :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »
Now the reason I added to this thread is in regard to promotion of this game.  Now I have had my site up now for only 3 months, yet nobody has made any comment on any of the forums threads I have.  Now, how am I supposed to help promote this game when nobody from the sim flight games doesnt put anything up?   I have stats show how many people visit my site on a weekly basis, and I am getting around 250 hits a week, which isnt much, but its a start.  I have added promotional material to my site, but it would help with feedback.  I would like to do a promotional T-shirt,but would anyone buy it?  I need some feedback.

Thanks

Basil
http://www.warintheskies.com

Why would you try to promote the game through the site were most of us already play? Sounds more like you are trying to promote sales of your products.

If you want to promote the game try pushing on other sites to lead them back here.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2013, 11:06:22 PM »
Hi, thanks for your insight.  However, if you go to my site and check out, say the A6M Zero, on the left hand side under specification, you will see a Sweatshirt with a Ghost Zero on it.  I think this is fairly unique as I have never seen ghost planes anywhere else on the web.

Thanks

Basil

The thing about Cafe Press is that any Aces High player can take a screenshot of their favorite ride with their favorite paint job and their squad nose art on it and order a sweatshirt, mug, or whatever. A grey monochrome picture isn't going to compete well with that.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2013, 06:34:33 AM »
The thing about Cafe Press is that any Aces High player can take a screenshot of their favorite ride with their favorite paint job and their squad nose art on it and order a sweatshirt, mug, or whatever. A grey monochrome picture isn't going to compete well with that.

Well, it gets better than that:

Cafe Press. 2-sided color tee with custom image.

2-Step-Tees. 2-sided color tee with custom image.

http://www.2-step-tees.com/

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2013, 11:22:13 PM »
Hey all,

I take back my comments about jets I made earlier in the thread.  Just spent a fair amount of the weekend playing and saw no jets.

I do think Hitech should play up the X Box controller thang for the GVs - that might bring the new people in (and provide more ground targets :) )

Regards,

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2013, 11:49:09 PM »
We need a sweatshirt with the Aces High keyboard commands printed upside down on the front.  :D

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: October 14, 2013, 11:57:34 AM »
damn this tshirt is ugly.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #103 on: October 14, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
I was on earlier in the day. But during the FSO event I had these amount of people when I logged on (roughly 7:30-8PM EST)

Early War  1
Mid War  19
Late War  260
AVA 1
DA 11
Special Events I  305

Almost 600 there.

As others have mentioned I do recall the arenas when they were packed. Even when waiting in the lobby and rapidly clicking the arena you wanted to get into, because it was full almost all the time  :P

Tinkles

<<S>>

P.S.  While the numbers have gotten lower over the years. I think it might be within HiTechs best interest to either make a tutorial type 'mission' for new players. And perhaps give them free access to the training arena or something of that sort.  I understand the business model and everything, and I know they need to make money. But it would be an incentive for new players to stay. Because like Rob said before, 2 weeks isn't enough time to learn ANY sort of basics. Let alone get a kill.

This is probably the best Idea I have heard in a while. Most of the guys I talk to might try it out if I could interact with them online for an extended period of time teaching them the game.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:12:30 PM by 10thmd »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #104 on: October 14, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »
This is probably the best Idea I have heard in a while. Most of the guys I talk to might try it out if I could interact with them online for an extended period of time teaching them the game.

+1  :)