Author Topic: Let's get Nubes to the game  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: Let's get Nubes to the game
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 07:01:06 AM »
there was about 300 players in the arenas and almost 300 in the fso tonight.   could have been  more, i only looked at it after I got shot down.

semp

I was on earlier in the day. But during the FSO event I had these amount of people when I logged on (roughly 7:30-8PM EST)

Early War  1
Mid War  19
Late War  260
AVA 1
DA 11
Special Events I  305

Almost 600 there.

As others have mentioned I do recall the arenas when they were packed. Even when waiting in the lobby and rapidly clicking the arena you wanted to get into, because it was full almost all the time  :P

Tinkles

<<S>>

P.S.  While the numbers have gotten lower over the years. I think it might be within HiTechs best interest to either make a tutorial type 'mission' for new players. And perhaps give them free access to the training arena or something of that sort.  I understand the business model and everything, and I know they need to make money. But it would be an incentive for new players to stay. Because like Rob said before, 2 weeks isn't enough time to learn ANY sort of basics. Let alone get a kill.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 07:04:21 AM »
Free access to the Spanish Civil War arena.  :D

Offline RngFndr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 10:22:58 AM »
Free access to the Spanish Civil War arena.  :D
Gimme a CR32 and I'm there..

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 10:24:29 AM »
I remeber the MA bouncing right around the 700 people on-line number just before the arena split.  At that time if you sorted the roster by rank the lowest ranked players were in the 5000's.  Now they're in the 3000's.  Of course the player numbers represented by those numbers are higher due to ties.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »
I remember when we were pushing close to 1000 players on line during the weekends :(
really? Most I've ever seen was 700 back in the day mostly 500 with titanic tuesday
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Despite the effort to make the game unplayable on my computer, I've been sending money in every month for nearly twelve years.

I feel like I'm paying to kick myself out of the game.

How's that for "doing my part"?

Is the game unplayable because of the changes HTC is making to AH? Or is it because your hardware is out of date? If it is the latter, then it may be time to upgrade.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2013, 12:16:02 AM »
Hey All,

Kindly take this as a constructive criticism comment.  Nor, do I have the answer to the problem (I'll leave that to the more active people.)

I haven't consistently 'flown' on line in about a year.  I still have an account, log in once a month (if for no other reason than to get the updates.)

When I do log in and fly, I tend to fly a fighter and look for a furball.  There are many and, in my opinion, to many jets in the MA.  This is a prop game - that is what drew me to it.

It is just no fun to be jinking and fighting in a Spit IX or P47 only to have 2 Me 262s roll in and chase everyone away (from either side.)

As such, I found myself 'flying' off line most of the time - though, I do miss the thrill of 'keeling' a real person on the other end of the internet.

Regards,
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:17:37 AM by MWL »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2013, 01:07:56 AM »
Hey All,

Kindly take this as a constructive criticism comment.  Nor, do I have the answer to the problem (I'll leave that to the more active people.)
I haven't consistently 'flown' on line in about a year.  I still have an account, log in once a month (if for no other reason than to get the updates.)
  When I do log in and fly, I tend to fly a fighter and look for a furball.  There are many and, in my opinion, to many jets in the MA.  This is a prop game - that is what drew me to it.
It is just no fun to be jinking and fighting in a Spit IX or P47 only to have 2 Me 262s roll in and chase everyone away (from either side.)
  As such, I found myself 'flying' off line most of the time - though, I do miss the thrill of 'keeling' a real person on the other end of the internet.
Regards,

Don't take this the wrong way but if you see too many Jets in the arena, you most likely are flying on the side with numbers when you happen to log in.  I fly Knights, and at the times I play, I seldom see enemy jets and Knights, again at the times I am playing are outnumbered.  If not seeing Jets is your biggest complaint, switch sides to the low numbers.  Most guys won't take a Jet up if it costs too many points.  2 weeks ago Sunday when I logged on, again Knights at about 12 eastern time it was 100 points for a 262, so yeah, I took off in one.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2013, 03:04:06 AM »
The arena split almost made me quit AH.

Sitting with 18 other lonely souls in pizza map, knowing the other arena was full of action, but capped, and no, my squaddies did not want to join in because we know what would happen from bitter experience.

We tried change arena, creating a gap "the unfortunate guys" took the chance to leave the unpopulated one for the populated one, leaving the arena with about 10 squaddies and less than 10 other guys spread out between countries, at a whopping ENY .... everyone logged cursing  :bhead

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2013, 03:41:44 AM »
The arena split almost made me quit AH.

Sitting with 18 other lonely souls in pizza map, knowing the other arena was full of action, but capped, and no, my squaddies did not want to join in because we know what would happen from bitter experience.

We tried change arena, creating a gap "the unfortunate guys" took the chance to abandon unpopulated one for the populated one, leaving the arena with about 10 squaddies and less than 10 other guys spread out between countries, at a whopping ENY .... everyone logged cursing  :bhead

My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2013, 03:49:00 AM »
we won't have enough jets until the Meteor  mk III is added. 

Good day! 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2013, 06:36:00 AM »
Despite the effort to make the game unplayable on my computer, I've been sending money in every month for nearly twelve years.

I feel like I'm paying to kick myself out of the game.

How's that for "doing my part"?
:lol, oh yeah.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2013, 07:13:45 AM »
[banky} what's a nubian? [/banky}
Thank you  :aok
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 03:05:19 AM »
Hey Zoney,

I'll try again this Sunday/Monday.  I hope so.

Just to clarify - it's not just enemy jets, it is all jets.  If a friendly jet shows up, the targets leave.  If an enemy jet shows up, the friendlies leave.  

Shrug.  I dunno - I get that people earned their perkies and should be able to spend 'em.  It is their 15 dollars a month and they should be able to fly the way they want.

I just feel that a 'long, long time ago' when I first started, I saw an Me 262 once a week.  If today I took the free 2 weeks and there were as many jets as I saw last year (while I had no hope of matching them for years), I wouldn't have stayed.

As, the topic was how to get "Nubes to the game" - maybe an MA with a limit on the upper end (262, TA 152, etc . . )  Then again, it would probably be a 'Mid War +' arena with 17 players in it.

Regards,  
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:23:53 AM by MWL »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 05:57:10 AM »
 I just feel that a 'long, long time ago' when I first started, I saw an Me 262 once a week.  If today I took the free 2 weeks and there were as many jets as I saw last year (while I had no hope of matching them for years), I wouldn't have stayed.

Taking a quick look at the available numbers:  :old:

In 2005, the Me 262 had 0.98% of all air to air kills in the MA. In the first 8 months of the current year, this number had been at 1.52%. A notable increase, but still a very small percentage. Some more detail: 0.94% of all fighter and 3.14% of all bomber a2a deaths are currently credited to the Me 262.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman