Author Topic: Let's get Nubes to the game  (Read 6762 times)

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
Re: Let's get Nubes to the game
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2013, 07:57:47 AM »
Hey Zoney,
  Just to clarify - it's not just enemy jets, it is all jets.  If a friendly jet shows up, the targets leave.  If an enemy jet shows up, the friendlies leave.  
Seems strange unless they all leave to chase the 262. Do you see them just diving away?
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »
Asterix,

I can't remember all the details after a year or so.  Guess I should film some flights.  As I recall, the jets were flying in pairs.

Once enmy jets show up (and of course they have alt), I attempt to extend away from an engagement as I don't want to get to slow.  I need the speed to turn when the jets zoom in.  In a IX, not that much of a problem, in a Jug or Pony it is a little more dicey.  It seems the 'red' guys do the same when 'our' jets show up as well.  I get one, maybe two oblique (hope that is the proper speelling. . :) )  and they extend low - I assume to drag the jets down to burn their fuel or get a proxie keels.  After a couple of jet boom and zooms the target (assuming he/she survived) is running to friends/ack as fast as it can.

I did have one idea today regarding the perk system.  What about: If you lost your perk ride, you last all perkies.  If you landed it, you lost 1/2 to 1/4.  That would eventually reduce the hoard of perkie points the good pilots have.  Or not.  It's not like you can't go to Mid or Early war and farm all you want.

Regards,

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 12:04:52 AM »
Jets in this game are only there to pick those with no SA.  They are so easy to avoid they near the bottom of the list of planes I need to pay atention to as they should be with everyone.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 12:24:17 AM »
Hey Eagle,

Yes, and Nubes have the least SA/SU.  They don't know what they don't know.

Regards,

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 04:22:22 AM »
Jets in this game are only there to pick those with no SA.  They are so easy to avoid

Unless you are in a bomber...  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 07:21:54 AM »

......and a Snail on your tail.............
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2013, 07:53:55 AM »

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »
I think that the steep learning curve would require a longer free trial.  A lot of noobs wont be getting kills during their first 2 weeks.
I think it should be 1-2 tours.
Use to be 30 day free trial.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 10:02:28 AM »
Asterix,

I can't remember all the details after a year or so.  Guess I should film some flights.  As I recall, the jets were flying in pairs.

Once enmy jets show up (and of course they have alt), I attempt to extend away from an engagement as I don't want to get to slow.  I need the speed to turn when the jets zoom in.  In a IX, not that much of a problem, in a Jug or Pony it is a little more dicey.  It seems the 'red' guys do the same when 'our' jets show up as well.  I get one, maybe two oblique (hope that is the proper speelling. . :) )  and they extend low - I assume to drag the jets down to burn their fuel or get a proxie keels.  After a couple of jet boom and zooms the target (assuming he/she survived) is running to friends/ack as fast as it can.

I did have one idea today regarding the perk system.  What about: If you lost your perk ride, you last all perkies.  If you landed it, you lost 1/2 to 1/4.  That would eventually reduce the hoard of perkie points the good pilots have.  Or not.  It's not like you can't go to Mid or Early war and farm all you want.

Regards,

Man  u be crazy... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

The perk system is set up to reward u as a pilot for becoming acomplished in what ever u did... Perk planes then are the gold stars u can take home to mommy.

Become a acccomplished pilot or die trying... To me it sounds like you are jeolous of people that are good sticks and know how to earn a lot of perks.  :rolleyes:I believe 3/4 of the players would leave the game if they did that....    What is the use of taking up and perked bomber or Plane or even take if you are going to lose 1/4 to 1/2 of all your perks....   

Perks balance what perked planes bombers, or Gvs that are used a lot

LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »
I must admit, I don't like seeing 262's show up in the fight.  Yes, they are usually readily avoided (although there are a few guys in the game who can make you pay for not pulling a very hard evasive); but a 262 can cause you to break off a nice saddled-up position, break off chasing a runner, kill you when you don't see them coming, take away your escape possibilities, and in general be a great nuisance.

I take up 262's mainly for two reasons:  to go after another 262 that has shown up and is annoying everyone, or because my side is getting swarmed, and I'm peeved.  As a result, I fly a 262 only a handful of times per year.  (I suck in the 262, by the way -- I'm quite capable of hitting compressibility and crashing.)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2013, 11:42:52 PM »

I flew a 262 today and was et on fire by some lancasters  :cry
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2013, 01:28:15 AM »
wpeters,

Man  u be crazy.. - Well, I may be :)

The perk system is set up to reward u as a pilot for becoming (an) acomplished (sic) in what ever u did... Perk planes then are the gold stars u can take home to mommy. -  I am not, nor would I argue that.  I believe that is why HiTech put in the perkie system. (nor am I attempting to impress mommy)  Just don't see how it would hurt someone to invest perkies in the ubber-plane you want to fly.  That includes the cannon armed F4U or TU 152, not just jets and rockets.

Become a acccomplished (sic) pilot or die trying... - Umm, in case you haven't noticed, you don't die here.  You can always up a new cartoon plane.

To me it sounds like you are jeolous (sic) of people that are good sticks and know how to earn a lot of perks. -  There are far more accomplished pilots/gunners than I - Oddcaf, 999, Karaya and Stoney are (or have been) much better than I.  I claim no such distinction.

I wandered in, found a topic that interested me.  I made some comments.  Like 'em, don't like 'em. Shrug.  I don't own any thing here.

Regards,
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 01:52:29 AM by MWL »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2013, 03:06:12 AM »
I must admit, I don't like seeing 262's show up in the fight.  Yes, they are usually readily avoided (although there are a few guys in the game who can make you pay for not pulling a very hard evasive); but a 262 can cause you to break off a nice saddled-up position, break off chasing a runner, kill you when you don't see them coming, take away your escape possibilities, and in general be a great nuisance.

I take up 262's mainly for two reasons:  to go after another 262 that has shown up and is annoying everyone, or because my side is getting swarmed, and I'm peeved.  As a result, I fly a 262 only a handful of times per year.  (I suck in the 262, by the way -- I'm quite capable of hitting compressibility and crashing.)

I kinda figured it'd be the weapon of choice to buff-hunt in (on a more broader scale than the 163, which is just there for HQ defense and crazy antics).

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2013, 09:19:21 AM »
really? its the hordes of 262's that keep you from playing in the LWA MWL? am I playing the same version of AH as everyone else?