Author Topic: Saitek X-52 question  (Read 397 times)

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
Saitek X-52 question
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:18:48 PM »
One of my squadies is having a problem with his X-52.  For some reason the mouse button on his throttle takes over, and drags his cursor in one direction or the other and he cant get it to come back, to the point that he has to shut his compooper down with the power button.  It didnt start until he had a friend load the new drivers, the profiler editor, and he had downloaded, BMS.  If he unplugs the X-52 then his compooper goes crazy, he can move his mouse, but if he clicks on anything, the compooper starts beeping and and goes nutz.  He has removed BMS, the Profile editor, and all the new drivers and it is still doing it, any ideas?
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Saitek X-52 question
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 12:28:13 AM »
I use the X52, but I don't use ANY of their software. Other than having to recalibrate every now and then it works fine. Had problem with one the hat switches a few weeks back, but it turned out to be nothing serious. Restarted the computer and every thing was fine. :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 10:20:22 AM »
Have him go into control and adjust the dead zone, increasing it, for the little mouse stick. that should take care of it. Also playing with the mouse stick usually settles it down as well.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline poog2013

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
I had the x52 Mouse drift problem as well, the easiest fix was to disable the "saitek magic mouse" in Control Panel's Device manager.
I read in a few forums that if you are able to contact Saitek Support, they used to replace the joystick. That was a few years back and before Saitek was purchased by MAd Catz.

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 09:23:35 PM »
Cool thanks guys, I think we got him all fixed up but time will tell.
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.