Author Topic: Winter Sky Scores  (Read 432 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Winter Sky Scores
« on: September 26, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »
good evening all!! apologies for taking this long on scores. it looks like although the Luftwaffe was outnumbered, that they did in fact manage to inflict some serious damage on the 8th and 9th Army Air Forces, to successfully(this time) defend the Fatherland.

during the course of battle, 6 of the 8 Luftwaffe ME262's were lost. this loss however did not deter a very determined group of excellent pile-its!

frame1= ARMY AIR FORCES TOTAL===1970
            LUFTWAFFE TOTAL========3160
I noted in this frame, the Army Air Forces suffered their worst defeat. although their pile-its fought bravely, the Luftwaffe had put up excellent defenses.

frame2=ARMY AIR FORCES TOTAL===2075
            LUFTWAFFE TOTAL=======2685

frame3=ARMY AIR FORCES TOTAL===2384
            LUFTWAFFE TOTAL=======2765
i noted in this frame, the Army Air Forces seemed to penetrate the Luftwaffe defenses much better. i also noted that for the most part, the B-17 suffered the heaviest bomber losses.

TOTALS         ARMY AIR FORCES=6429            LUFTWAFFE=8610

although i thought that the Army Air Forces had a better chance this time 'round, the Luftwaffe is the clear winner this month.

:salute to you ALL
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline pops57

• Nickel Member
Re: Winter Sky Scores
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 10:49:51 AM »
Interesting and somewhat reflective of what really occurred. The Allied forces got hammered repeatedly until the numbers overwhelmed the axis as the war carried on. I personally contributed little this fso unless you count catching massive numbers of bomber bullets with my little axis fighter. Those wingman tight bomber formations are TOUGH! Great fun, thanks to all who make these fso events so good. sdpops57

Offline Viper61

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 01:00:58 PM »
Thanks for posting CAP <S>

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 05:01:32 PM »
That was a pretty cool FSO. I flew the G14 for the first time in my life. Then flew the K4 for maybe the second time. I had to set the views on the K4. It's been that long.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline eeyore

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
As an allied pile-it for this FSO, I seemed like the axis planes performed better at higher altitudes. Those damn K4s were always above us. It was great fun, next time allied forces will avenge their loss.  :banana:

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald