Author Topic: Boot logged on players inactive for ??? amount of time (LWA)  (Read 571 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Boot logged on players inactive for ??? amount of time (LWA)
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 02:32:32 PM »

No tape or other mechanical solutions needed. Just do a quick faulty stick calibration and your field gun keeps rotating.

I can already see all available barrels at base A1 turning in circles for hours...  :lol

or up an airplane and let it sit at a hangar with engine off.  or any vehicle. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 03:00:44 PM »
It's my guess that the percentage of players doing this are about the same for all sides so it's probably not affecting the ENY at all.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »
If folks are sitting in tower AFK hoping for war win perks, they are Bish or Rook, and the high eny effects only Bish or Rook.  I can't see why we would want to change this  ;)

Seriously though, getting booted after a couple hours of inactivity probably wouldn't have poor unintended consequences.  If one minute before you get the boot you get a pop up telling you its coming unless you do something, it would be hard to see any issue.

On another note, I would strongly suggest that anyone who's gameplay is "ruined" by high eny give some of the other rides a chance.  Other than running away, there are plenty of rides that are always available and very capable of accomplishing stuff.
AMAX  in game

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 06:26:07 PM »
If folks are sitting in tower AFK hoping for war win perks, they are Bish or Rook, and the high eny effects only Bish or Rook.  I can't see why we would want to change this  ;)

Good point, why would any Knight intentionally stay logged in hopes they'd get an afk war win perk reward.

However, there are plenty of occasions where Knights have the high ENY. I usually see this ~3-6am PST.

The reason I say get rid of ENY altogether is because of the double team. When half your country is gv'ing and the other two countries are ganging on yours, you'll get high ENY and yet be outnumbered...w/Knights it happens a lot.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
Did they change it so you have to be logged in to get the war-win perks? I thought it has always been that you just have to be "on the winning side" for the prescribed amount of time, and you don't actually have to be online at the time of a win. If this is still the case, then apparently very few people know this.

If it were up to me, there would be no war-win perks...the only way to get perks would be to earn them through combat with other players. This all by itself would get more people fighting in this combat game.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2013, 01:32:26 AM »
I believe you must be logged in to receive the war win perks.
They're casting their bait over there, see?