Author Topic: Persistant Squelch  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Persistant Squelch
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 10:52:58 AM »
I believe the underlying cause here is the PMerbabies that have become quite prevalent, who seem to believe that it is their divinely given right to abuse whomever they feel like, for the unpardonable sin of:
a) winning
b) not playing the game the way PMerbaby thinks it should be played
c) because they feel like it
d) any combination of A and B and C

These guys ARE a problem. The number of such contacts are up from 0 to 3 to 10 per game session. As Vort says, they, the undesirable element are negatively affecting the game experience of the people who are playing and minding their own business. They make the experience negative enough to seriously consider leaving for game experiences that don't require that level of pandering.

It is of course up to HTC, but I believe the smart business move is to make it clear that harassers don't belong here, its not a desirable behavior, and you do it at your own risk. To that end I think there is an easy solution:
1. PMerbaby contacts player.
2. Player says, "I don't want you to contact me."
3. Any repeated contact is reportable and action should be taken.

I would take it a step farther ... Just get rid of cross country comms completely. You wanna sit and chat with your buddy either go to the same side and talk all you want, use the phone, or go do what we used to do ....go have a beer in the O'Club that's what its there for.

X-country com is responsible for other types of distasteful behavior as well.

:cheers:

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Persistant Squelch
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »

it's fully sizeable with mouse.. hover over it.. right click on the title bar.. etc. lots of options htc gave us.. what.. 2 years ago?

Yes like turning off PM's  :x  :aok

I find the best thing to do is announce there behavior on 200 and embarrass them there... they usually shut up.

Edit: I had a guy PMing me the other day. Supposedly he is some great wonder in the AH guru world...  He was flying his big bad K-4 around TT :lol .. I was in one of my regular old rides...Just trying to ruin some GV'ers day with my 500 pounders  :O.......... He was trying to ruin it for me ....he died....twice.   :D

He was BarkingontheHorn,
 :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:28:40 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520