Author Topic: Persistant Squelch  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Persistant Squelch
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »
Because there won't be no perma squelch in the game?

Semp

That may be, I'm just expressing mild discontent that it is the way it is.  I don't know of another game in existence that has filtering ability that isn't permanent.

The only semi good thing about it is, I've occasionally squelched guys who are normally alright to interact with, but for whatever reason (suspicions are high that alcohol/other stuff may be a factor) that night they were on a rant about something I didn't care about.  The mild upside is I don't have to decide to unsquelch them the next day or a week down the road or whatever.

If it were implemented, I'd ideally want something like .squelch for the one-timers and .psquelch for the nonstop complete dweebs.

sounds like all the americans with all the freedom....want to take away others freedom. if you dont want to hear the guy, just leave,or go to another channel,lol

Are you thick?  If I squelch a guy, I am the only one that stops hearing him.  That is exactly what we're saying.  I don't have to hear him, but he's free to prattle on however he likes, and I don't have to ignore an entire channel.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
sounds like all the americans with all the freedom....want to take away others freedom. if you dont want to hear the guy, just leave,or go to another channel,lol
You can't squelch range vox now can you?  Nice theory Darwin...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 10:56:53 AM »
Because there won't be no perma squelch in the game?

Semp
You do realize this is the "wishlist" forum?  A place where people can come and ask for things....

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 11:00:44 AM »

Well, I'm Canadian for starters, but I really don't see what that has to do with anything. Moreover, there's nothing in this discussion that has any relevace to "freedoms", either infringing or expanding them. Non sequitur.
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »
You can't squelch range vox now can you?  Nice theory Darwin...

Do you mean squelch the entire channel?  If so, not that I know of.  AFAIK though .squelch works on the people you want it to on range.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 11:13:55 AM »
Do you mean squelch the entire channel?  If so, not that I know of.  AFAIK though .squelch works on the people you want it to on range.

Wiley.
alpini said if you don't like it leave the channel...   That's what my comment was regarding.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 11:17:44 AM »
alpini said if you don't like it leave the channel...   That's what my comment was regarding.

Ah, gotcha, because we can't turn off range can we?  Same with country text too, right?

Wiley.

JG11

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »
Country and range can't be untuned
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2014, 08:50:30 AM »
you can use the tab system and avoid country text if you wish though.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2014, 08:55:18 AM »

Which I do rather frequently these days...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »

Cool, hadn't thought of that.  Only time I ever wanted to detune country something politicky was going on and everybody was talking about it.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Persistent Squelch
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2014, 05:27:08 PM »
Sometimes it feels like squelch does not work because it is not persistent.  I squelch one that just logs off, then back on, and he is visible again.  He does this over-and-over.

For us guys that dont fly with hardware that can implement macros, being able to have a persistent squelch would be really nice.

Thanks.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
I believe the underlying cause here is the PMerbabies that have become quite prevalent, who seem to believe that it is their divinely given right to abuse whomever they feel like, for the unpardonable sin of:
a) winning
b) not playing the game the way PMerbaby thinks it should be played
c) because they feel like it
d) any combination of A and B and C

These guys ARE a problem. The number of such contacts are up from 0 to 3 to 10 per game session. As Vort says, they, the undesirable element are negatively affecting the game experience of the people who are playing and minding their own business. They make the experience negative enough to seriously consider leaving for game experiences that don't require that level of pandering.

It is of course up to HTC, but I believe the smart business move is to make it clear that harassers don't belong here, its not a desirable behavior, and you do it at your own risk. To that end I think there is an easy solution:
1. PMerbaby contacts player.
2. Player says, "I don't want you to contact me."
3. Any repeated contact is reportable and action should be taken.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »

Tab system? Is there some way to get the text buffer completely off your screen these days?
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2014, 09:15:25 PM »
Tab system? Is there some way to get the text buffer completely off your screen these days?

just drag it off the bottom of the screen

it's fully sizeable with mouse.. hover over it.. right click on the title bar.. etc. lots of options htc gave us.. what.. 2 years ago?

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:18:51 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.