Author Topic: Bombers Who Bail  (Read 5720 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Bombers Who Bail
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2014, 08:42:45 PM »
HTC is NOT going to do anything that STOPS someone from flying.  :t

Nor should HTC.  It sucks when people bail out to avoid being shot down but there are always other targets to shoot at. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2014, 08:45:10 PM »
A bailer's survival ratio is 0 but a non-bailer stands a chance of not only making it home but also doing so with kills.

I don't see the appeal of bailing.

The guys who bail don't care about survival but are simple griefers who wish to deny a kill to an opposing player.

Or some of us don't want to take the time it may take to fly a couple of sectors back to base.  I frequently auger my P-38 instead of taking the time to return to base, most of my deaths are due to this.  I don't see where I'm griefing or denying a kill to anyone.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2014, 09:08:26 PM »
As long as it wasn't done while in the middle of combat, I would agree....some I'm sure will appreciate the proxy.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2014, 08:55:58 AM »
A bailer's survival ratio is 0 but a non-bailer stands a chance of not only making it home but also doing so with kills.

I don't see the appeal of bailing.

The guys who bail don't care about survival but are simple griefers who wish to deny a kill to an opposing player.

Ego & score, I'd presume those are the reasons more often. They now get their name in lights as shot down by on their scorecard. Survival ratio is what again, bailing and dieing aren't recorded the same way; Bailed, & Killed In/Died In.
They're casting their bait over there, see?