Author Topic: Bar & Dot Dar  (Read 584 times)

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
Bar & Dot Dar
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:53:12 PM »
I have been playing this game for a long time  :old: but dar still can be confusing sometimes. :bhead Is Dar different in LW, MW and EW? :confused: There are lots of different answers for this one but what is the NOE height? I understand it to be 200 but you hear 500. :airplane: That said, one day in EW i was chasing a bomber by watching Dar because he was in a dead zone between dar rings. His dar bar disappeared but soon his dot showed up in a Dar ring. Catching up to his dot i found him nearly knocking his props off the water. So how is it his dot still showed up?  :huh He was obviously below 200 feet.
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Bar & Dot Dar
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 02:56:52 PM »
All arena settings, including dar altitudes, can always be looked up when in arena - options-arena setup-environment-arena settings (note that all distances/altitudes are always given in feet.)

That being said, dot dar altitude is 65ft, darbar altitude 250ft, AGL.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:10:49 PM »
On clipboard click
Options->Arena Setup->Environment->Arena Settings ->  Ranges Tab

Look for:
RadarAlt 65
SectorCounterAlt 250
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »
So all this means.... and I think I have this right

If you are under 65 feet you make no dot, nor a darbar

If you are between 65 and 249 feet it is the same thing UNLESS you enter an enemy's dar circle (this INCLUDES one around the CV group) then you make a dot only.

If you are over 250 feet and NOT in a dar circle you will make only a dar bar but no dot.

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 05:14:48 PM »
So all this means.... and I think I have this right

If you are under 65 feet you make no dot, nor a darbar

If you are between 65 and 249 feet it is the same thing UNLESS you enter an enemy's dar circle (this INCLUDES one around the CV group) then you make a dot only.

If you are over 250 feet and NOT in a dar circle you will make only a dar bar but no dot.

That is the impression i get. :aok Wow 65 feet is low :O
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 05:19:48 PM »
Yup, tree dodging   :D

Thats why you see a lot more NOEs when we have one of the maps with lots of water.