Author Topic: P-51 VLR  (Read 2913 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
P-51 VLR
« on: October 05, 2013, 08:25:49 PM »
Don't know what to say. A P-51 with 20mm, larger fuel tanks, pressurized cockpit for higher altitude flights, re-enforced wings to carry larger wing-mounted drop tanks and bombs, and much more... I doubt I'd ever stand a chance. But, it would be cool to have in AH2. But man, If I saw that thing on my bomber formation's 6,  :bolt: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-51VLR
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: P-51 VLR
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:19:22 PM »
I say, I say, its a joke, son.  A joke.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 10:29:38 PM »
Says you Karnak :)

I've been saying the game needs this bird for a while now :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 10:52:19 AM »

The P51 we already have is way overpowered.  I would vote for removing the P51 out of the game altogether, and while you're at it, the get rid of the LA7 and the stupidly OP Brewster!

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 01:29:08 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Perhaps a fellow named Dan wrote the wiki?            :noid :noid

:salute

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 03:05:15 PM »
The P51 we already have is way overpowered.  I would vote for removing the P51 out of the game altogether, and while you're at it, the get rid of the LA7 and the stupidly OP Brewster!
  :rofl You can't erase history my friend, The P-51 played a major role in WWII and needs to be included in AH2.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »

I hope you're trying to troll and aren't actually serious. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 04:17:32 PM »
I hope you're trying to troll and aren't actually serious. 

ack-ack
This falls under Poe's law I think.

Poe's Law:
Without a blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of extremism or fundamentalism that someone won't mistake for the real thing.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline -27th-

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 12:56:31 AM »

:headscratch: :bhead

:salute
27th

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 11:18:16 PM »

perk it all, everything that goes over 360 on the deck, la7, k4, nik, ki84,G-14,152,d9, 47NM,lancs,spit14&16,typhy,temp, p-51d (p51-b can remain free)...actually better perk it too.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 02:39:18 AM »
The less P-51s seen flying around in this game, the better.  I understand their historical importance, but I loathe them for how they are used in-game.  Can't stand em.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 06:33:03 AM »
The less P-51s seen flying around in this game, the better.  I understand their historical importance, but I loathe them for how they are used in-game.  Can't stand em.

I still think the current ENY system used to balance strength of the number of players per country should be also used to balance the number of high performance planes.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 11:56:14 AM »
I still think the current ENY system used to balance strength of the number of players per country should be also used to balance the number of high performance planes.

As much as I like that idea I fear it would have the effect of making 90% of the playerbase even more timid then they already are.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »

No it shouldn't.  A plane shouldn't be perked because it's a popular ride, it should only be perked (as the current system is) when the plane/ground vehicle causes an imbalance in the game play, like if the Me 262 would be unperked.  Just because a plane like the P-51D or the La-7 is popular, doesn't mean they imbalance the game (the stats clearly show neither plane does), just means a lot like to fly those planes.

Instead of perking planes the planes you can't fight, learn to fight them instead.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 01:48:04 PM »
I'm still in favor of stricter ENY limitations. ENY values seems to have shifted a bit more towards the combat capability end of the spectrum. And even if its not the sole purpose of ENY to balance numbers, we can still use it to that end.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"