Author Topic: Eliminate zone bases...  (Read 4514 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Eliminate zone bases...
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2013, 09:40:16 PM »
I'm curious: do you enjoy climbing to 30K and being shot down by bombers you can barely overtake?  For some reason, perhaps a defect in my character, I don't want to spend $15/month to do that.

Yes, I do.

It's fun chasing down someone who thinks they are too high or too fast.......especially fun when you do it in a plane slower than thiers.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2013, 08:49:32 AM »
Yes, I do.

It's fun chasing down someone who thinks they are too high or too fast.......especially fun when you do it in a plane slower than thiers.

The J2M would solve that problem for you,  if we could just get it.  :frown:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2013, 10:33:55 AM »
That was my favorite plane at warbirds.

Nobody flew it until a change in CoFL caused it to become uber......which is when I stopped flying it.

I also like the ki44.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2013, 10:34:35 PM »
I'm certainly not knowledgeable to say how it would be in AH. But my guess is that according to a lot I have read about it, the higher the model the less uber it would actually be except in two areas. Two areas that HTC generally imo uses to give a high eny to; speed and guns package. The J2M5 would not be much of a turny bird by most standards but with a high top speed at any alt and 4x20's it would probably have real high eny. Iirc the 5 was used primarily as an interceptor. The 3 would be a turnier bird but still wouldn't turn with most IJ planes I'd imagine, prolly out turn the KI61, ?

I say all ^ that with a brain exhausted and now scrambled from watching the Bears punch holes in my FF Super Bowl hopes. Long day to have counted on Bears to show up and instead the Eagles decided the Bears would go nowhere...

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »
I'd be fine with just the J2M2 though the j2m3 was made in more significant numbers.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2014, 08:45:27 AM »
BUMP for a worthy thread.  Helped take back the Knight's zone base last night and the whines were epic. :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2014, 01:14:20 PM »
BUMP for a worthy thread.  Helped take back the Knight's zone base last night and the whines were epic. :D

They wanted the strats in the back too, eh?  It was hilarious watching everyone crap bricks when someone so much as flew towards the zone base that was taken's (Rook) general direction from ANYWHERE on the map last week. :lol

I honestly forgot the argument.  Most seem to think it was a good idea to keep it there, but then started to argue about it be back up front.  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 01:17:25 PM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »

Dang, sorry I missed that. Moving strats back to the front is always a good time.  In my opinion, letting them keep a zone base so our strats stay to the rear is no fun.  Strategy?  Bah!  Take back whats ours and start adding to the empire if the map is important.  Strats might be in danger?  Molon Labe. 
AMAX  in game

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2014, 05:31:44 AM »
Lets say we do remove zone bases, then let make it harder to bomb. By what I read it takes 1 250bs bomb to kill 1 part of lets say dar factory. Bump that up to 2 x1000 and I would say yes to this wish. If you take one part of this game away you must give something.
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2014, 07:08:19 AM »
You two that take back zone bases do it so you can irritate your own green guys and hear them whine???  :headscratch:

Sadists  :uhoh

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2014, 07:22:22 AM »
With the upcoming decentralisation of the strats, it's unlikely this wish has any relevance for the future.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2014, 08:39:29 AM »
With the upcoming decentralisation of the strats, it's unlikely this wish has any relevance for the future.

I missed this.  Where is the info for this Lusche?  I appreciate the heads up.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
Is that like Weimar decentralized or Jeffersonian?