Author Topic: Briefing Room?  (Read 297 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Briefing Room?
« on: October 10, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
Possibly in the next AH2 update, we could add a briefing room? Similar to the O' Club, we would put a giant map in it, plan out way points on the map, instead of on our clip board?

The Briefing Room would have it's own vox and type channel that could not be typed on unless you are in the briefing room? Also, we could put a chalkboard in the briefing room you could click on, and it would show you who would be assign to what target, as this information decided by the mission planner. Maybe? It would be kind of a cool thing to have, even though it's sort of pointless considering the mission planner on the clipboard has nothing wrong with it already.  :airplane:

Please note: Most of the stuff in this "Christmas list" of items to put in the Briefing Room (which would be a hefty gift alone) would be useful for bomber pilots, but I suppose we could bend it around so both bomber and fighter AND ground could use this (and I use the term possible very loosely) possible feature?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 04:18:13 PM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Briefing Room?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 05:12:01 PM »
Air warrior had this. It also had a "lock" feature that allowed the creator of the briefing room (one had to be created each time it was used) had control over who was allowed in. The map could be used to set way points and tracks for different wings. Each player assigned to a wing would see their objectives and not everyone else.

Laying out missions were a  lot more fun with this tool as you could plan a mission giving instruct to each group with out the rest knowing what was going to happen. Was always a blast to have a couple of groups meet up at a certain alt to match that last run in on the target.  Fighters calling out buffs ahead only to find out they were these own and they were going to cover them on the last leg in. Added a LOT of "immersion" to the game.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »
Air warrior had this. It also had a "lock" feature that allowed the creator of the briefing room (one had to be created each time it was used) had control over who was allowed in. The map could be used to set way points and tracks for different wings. Each player assigned to a wing would see their objectives and not everyone else.

Laying out missions were a  lot more fun with this tool as you could plan a mission giving instruct to each group with out the rest knowing what was going to happen. Was always a blast to have a couple of groups meet up at a certain alt to match that last run in on the target.  Fighters calling out buffs ahead only to find out they were these own and they were going to cover them on the last leg in. Added a LOT of "immersion" to the game.

*waves hand frantically*

I wonder if HiTech could make this where you could edit a map and send it to those who you allowed to come in? (Or to a select group of people on your side).

Like so...

Only those in the mission could see this.. or maybe make this part of the map feature, where the mission leader takes a portion of the map and lays out the flightpaths.

Then being able to edit the clipboard base maps.

I am alll behind this wish.

+1     HTC make it so!   :D

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 12:37:19 AM »
I hope he does.  there's so much potential with the briefing room.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.