Author Topic: windows 7 and my x-52  (Read 314 times)

Offline smedddd

• Zinc Member
windows 7 and my x-52
« on: October 13, 2013, 11:26:19 AM »
<S> gents,

I had to put a new hard drive in my computer recently. It has windows 7 loaded on the new drive. My previous hard drive had vista. The x52 stick worked fine on vista.

The X-52 pinkie switch and the POV-2 hat switch (upper hat switch) won't work. I've downloaded the drivers and software from Saitek. The "test panel" function in the software shows these two switches as functioning; (ie: the lights flash on the Saitek test panel when I operate these two switches), but alas ...in the "map controller" selection of AH these two switches do not function. All the other buttons/hats on the stick and throttle work in game except these two.

I've even gone so far as to assign the POV-2 hat switch positions (8 way) with letters in the Saitek software; and assigned those same letters to 8 views in the "map keyboard" section of AH. This doesn't work either. I can see these letters being produced by the stick in Saitek software "test" mode. I can also press my keyboard letters and observe the correct the pilot view change in the game.

The stick is 7 years old and has never given any problems. It just won't communicate to the AH game for these two switches.

I've tried running the game in compatibility mode for vista....no improvement. I've deleted AH and the Saitek downloads+drivers and re-loaded them fresh 3 times...no good.

I'm running out of ideas; anyone else experience this problem?

V/R and <S>, SWjink

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
Re: windows 7 and my x-52
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 12:49:38 PM »
Did you plug in the x-52 before installing the drivers? - Apparently you can get problems if you do.

See http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84295

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 06:41:09 AM »
The profiler from the saitek site? (Mad katz)

Ok. same deal pretty well with me (see help and training forum). I mean....it's like deja vu all over again

Read the manual from the site......I'll bet that "latched"  and "fall back"  which are a couple of right click commands (once you get past mode one, no pinky.) is giving you the problem

use the grid part of the profiler.

I am using Buttons for all my hats (hint: read about "quantize time",)  and for my rotary switches I've slliced them into bands and am using button commands as well.

That's the set up that works for me...anyway.

Offline smedddd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:44:21 PM »
Thanks guys; I'll try out those ideas!

V/R and <S>, SWjink

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 04:53:50 PM »
let us know if it worked

Offline smedddd

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 09:34:41 PM »
OK, it's working now.
Thanks so much for the help.

I'm not great at computers; and this stuff kicks my butt most of the time.

<S>, SWjink