Author Topic: (1000^(1/3))x3 bomber raid! Or 'Opperation Millennium'  (Read 686 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
(1000^(1/3))x3 bomber raid! Or 'Opperation Millennium'
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:47:09 AM »

1000 bomber raids happened!

(1000^(1/3))x3
(1000 to the 1/3 power(cube root) = 10) x 3 = 30!!! <-very heavy math!
Translated:
Theoretically, we can't really have a 1000 bomber plane raid; however, we EASILY can have a group of 10 players up formations of three bombers each - which is a 30 bombers raid!

Take off in a MISSION with at least 10 bomber formations included, besides any fighters, troops, etc...
Each bomber player must blow up at least one enemy anything, so maybe bring more than 10 formations just incase one totally misses, gets booted or loses all three bombers before dropping!

--------------------------------------------
From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Cologne_in_World_War_II

The first 1,000 bomber raid by the RAF was codenamed Operation Millennium, Cologne was chosen as the target and the raid took place on the night of 30/31 May 1942. The Thousand bomber raid was launched for several reasons:
*It was expected that the devastation from such raids might be enough to knock Germany out of the war or at least severely damage German morale.
*The raids were useful propaganda for the Allies and particularly for Sir Arthur Harris, 1st Baronet, and the concept of a Strategic Bombing Offensive. Bomber Command's poor performance in bombing accuracy during 1941 had led to calls for the force to be split up and diverted to other urgent theatres i.e. Battle of the Atlantic. A headline-grabbing heavy raid on Germany was a way for Bomber Command's commander Arthur "Bomber" Harris to demonstrate to the War Cabinet that given the investment in numbers and technology Bomber Command could make a vital contribution to victory.

At this stage of the war RAF Bomber Command only had a regular front line strength of around 400 aircraft, and were in the process of transitioning from the twin engined medium bombers of the pre-war years to the newer more effective four-engined 'heavies'. By using bombers and men from Operational Training Units (OTUs), 250 from RAF Coastal Command and from Flying Training Command, Harris could easily make up the 1,000 aircraft. However, just before the raid took place, the Royal Navy refused to allow the Coastal Command aircraft to take part in the raid.[3] The Admiralty perceived the propaganda justifications too weak an argument against the real and pressing threat of the U-boats in the Battle of the Atlantic. Harris scrambled around and, by crewing 49 more aircraft with pupil pilots and instructors, 1,047 bombers eventually took part in the raid, two and a half times more than any previous raid by the RAF. In addition to the bombers attacking Cologne, 113 other aircraft on "Intruder" raids harassed German night-fighter airfields.

Cologne was not the first choice of target - that was Hamburg - but poor weather shifted the choice to Cologne, the secondary target[4]
---------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 11:50:41 AM by Franz Von Werra »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: (1000^(1/3))x3 bomber raid! Or 'Opperation Millennium'
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 12:15:26 PM »
This 'achievement' would be logged and credited how again?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:18:27 PM »
This 'achievement' would be logged and credited how again?
hey, one thing at a time...this one probably kept him awake for the last 3 days.  :lol  see what happens when he actually wakes up...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »
hey, one thing at a time...this one probably kept him awake for the last 3 days.  :lol  see what happens when he actually wakes up...

I rained on parade. Bad me.  :)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 03:19:04 PM »
How to log it, etc, is up to HTC...

I'm only making suggestions, which is the purpose of this section!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 03:25:07 PM »
How to log it, etc, is up to HTC...

I'm only making suggestions, which is the purpose of this section!

Nobody said you can't make an impractical or worthless suggestion and be made fun of for doing so.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 04:09:44 PM »
Ok dude, you win, i'm out!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 04:22:49 PM »
Ok dude, you win, i'm out!

*ShruG* Was this about 'winning something?' Let me retract the 'making fun of' part.
What this appears to be is an example of you making a suggestion that could not be
practically implemented (at least in the form you put forth). You could either offer a way
that would make it practical (making that the responsibility of someone else isn't doing so)
or you could retract the suggestion. Granted, I probably made you feel defensive.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:37:07 PM by Arlo »

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 05:45:52 PM »
How I feel? haha,this is how I feel... :rofl

C'mon, win some more?