Author Topic: Flung off cv  (Read 687 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Flung off cv
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »
I like your gunsite Jo
thanks :) sometimes get in the way sometimes hehe but I like it regardless
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:19 PM »
Like this?  :rofl

http://youtu.be/rbD6uohtyn0

Actually I did replicate that, but that isn't getting flung off the back like what use to happen before the fix.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »
Wow SIK1, you keeping my name out to protect my pride :lol.  Anyway I've done this twice in a custom arena (North Sea).  Carrier was in a hard turn both times, as I really had to work at a landing.  Hog came down fine, not a harsh landing or anything at all, with power off just before touchdown.  It acted like the old bug with the hook down and the plane moving but instead it was more like a hook down with boat moving, same effect though. I'll try and record it next time, I think the main factor in it is the carrier has got to be in a hard turn, hard enough that most won't attempt it.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »
Wow SIK1, you keeping my name out to protect my pride :lol.  Anyway I've done this twice in a custom arena (North Sea).  Carrier was in a hard turn both times, as I really had to work at a landing.  Hog came down fine, not a harsh landing or anything at all, with power off just before touchdown.  It acted like the old bug with the hook down and the plane moving but instead it was more like a hook down with boat moving, same effect though. I'll try and record it next time, I think the main factor in it is the carrier has got to be in a hard turn, hard enough that most won't attempt it.

:salute
BigRat
This is it exactly.
And yes i land often in a b 51 on cv's in "very" hard turn so the hog was no worry,till it flung me off like an unwanted bug .
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 06:50:40 PM »
BigRat I figured if you wanted to chime in you would. No need for me to drop your name, it's not like I have film or anything.  :eek:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 07:56:06 PM »
I just don't use the hook.