Author Topic: Skylighting  (Read 1197 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Skylighting
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, 12:31:20 PM »
How can you get immersed with a view as distorted as that?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »

I play the game with everything on except for em.  what I find funny is that most of the guys whining about "graphics look outdated" dont have system that can handle the currect graphics and for sure when aces high updates wont be able to take advantage of that either.

it's always the old "it's not my system, it's the game that is not properly coaded".  you really want to improve immersion, get 3 monitors and trakir, you wont believe the immersion factor.

I like how you claim that most that want improved graphics don't have the system to handle improved graphics.  Where did you pull that one from?   :rofl
In any event, my system could easily handle any graphical updates.

look at this video, graphics are poor as I didnt have time to really improve the quality of it.

get into a battle like this with a couple of toys and you wont be able to look around and see all the "pretty trees" that your other game has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcL0hZ9TrQY

semp

:rofl

A really bad example of a point you're trying to prove.  All you are doing is moving your head around rapidly to test your TrackIR, kind of like an epileptic having a seizure, though you are showing how well black outs work.

I guess you're content with playing a game with mediocre, out-dated graphics.  That's fine, however, as you can see there are a large number of players that aren't content with mediocre, out-dated graphics.  Why are you so resistant to improving the game?  Do you not want more people to join AH and increase the player base or are you content with AH just withering on the vine while mediocre games like WoWP and WT with their better graphics take all the players?

ack-ack
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:41:16 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
Why are you so resistant to improving the game?  Do you not want more people to join AH and increase the player base or are you content with AH just withering on the vine while mediocre games like WoWP and WT with their better graphics take all the players?

ack-ack

I am just laughing at people like dolby who just keep on "the graphics engine is so inefficient" bs but who cant play with full graphics we have now,  or like you akak who are too afraid to jump into the middle of a 20 v 20 furball because you prefer the "quallity" fights.

you wont understand the immersion factor that you so much want graphics to give you until you get 3 screens trakir, pedals, throttle and stick.  you wont understand the immersion factor until your gf taps you in the shoulder and tells you to breath because she notices that when the screen is going black you stop breathing.

you think graphics will improve the immersion factor when you dont even understand what that means.  that's why you made your stupid comment about trakir.  as for not knowing the other player's system, some have posted theirs just ask dolby who plays with everything on so he's ready for more graphics, right dolby?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, 01:20:29 PM »
Content > Graphics

That said:
Can we get a DESERT MAP PLEASE... just change the green color to yellow! Or white, so we have snow!
And if the existing graphics could be made to have a Cliffs of Dover type cliffs please!
And could parts of the maps have a Death Star trenches?  :banana:
Don't you remember what happened the last time we had desert terrain in the MA?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, 01:48:12 PM »
I am just laughing at people like dolby who just keep on "the graphics engine is so inefficient" bs but who cant play with full graphics we have now,  or like you akak who are too afraid to jump into the middle of a 20 v 20 furball because you prefer the "quallity" fights.

Look at it this way, if AH could display the graphics those other games do WITHOUT needing a super computer to use it wouldn't you say that it would be using a more efficient graphics engine? Thats what they are looking for. If HTC has to dial down the draw distance to run those kind of graphics maybe it's something they need to look at.

you wont understand the immersion factor that you so much want graphics to give you until you get 3 screens trakir, pedals, throttle and stick.  you wont understand the immersion factor until your gf taps you in the shoulder and tells you to breath because she notices that when the screen is going black you stop breathing.

you think graphics will improve the immersion factor when you dont even understand what that means.  that's why you made your stupid comment about trakir.  as for not knowing the other player's system, some have posted theirs just ask dolby who plays with everything on so he's ready for more graphics, right dolby?

semp

Your stretched screen doesn't do your "immersion" point any good. I play on a 39" 1080p screen and have a better view than yours. I'm not one looking for better graphics, but I certainly wouldn't say no to it.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »
One thing that would be nice is if we have area like war thunder were you can fly through narrow canyon on knife edge.  Also new graphics would help but it would have to be option that could be turn on..  Lot of guys dont have super computers :rock
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, 02:38:19 PM »
I actually played wb 1.0 and didnt care much for it.  you want immersion, then play with 3 monitors, trakir, pedals, throttle, joystick, surround sound headset, and a couple of other toys.

please do tell me about any other game that can draw at the distance that aces high does while having a couple of hundred players on at the same time.

I play the game with everything on except for em.  what I find funny is that most of the guys whining about "graphics look outdated" dont have system that can handle the currect graphics and for sure when aces high updates wont be able to take advantage of that either.

it's always the old "it's not my system, it's the game that is not properly coaded".  you really want to improve immersion, get 3 monitors and trakir, you wont believe the immersion factor.

look at this video, graphics are poor as I didnt have time to really improve the quality of it.

get into a battle like this with a couple of toys and you wont be able to look around and see all the "pretty trees" that your other game has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcL0hZ9TrQY

semp
I have all of that. Except for 3 monitors, I think that the distortion you get with that wide field of view looks weird anyway.
I can run full setting at ~40 fps on my lap top. I should get much better, I can get much better in much better looking games.
the game still looks like 2008.

Which is especially important in a game where you spend 2/3 of the time looking at blank sky and your wings on climbout any way.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 02:41:13 PM by Motherland »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »
Look at it this way, if AH could display the graphics those other games do WITHOUT needing a super computer to use it wouldn't you say that it would be using a more efficient graphics engine? Thats what they are looking for. If HTC has to dial down the draw distance to run those kind of graphics maybe it's something they need to look at.

Your stretched screen doesn't do your "immersion" point any good. I play on a 39" 1080p screen and have a better view than yours. I'm not one looking for better graphics, but I certainly wouldn't say no to it.

sure and let's limit the map to 15 players per side.   and fugitive can you see wingtip to wingtip?

semp

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

I find it amusing that people claim to know how I fly really don't have a clue as to how I fly.  FYI, most of the time I can be found in furballs, though I do prefer quality fights if I can find them but the MA being the MA, those fights are few and in between so most of the time I am in a furball.  

How do you know that Dolby and others don't have the system to run the improved graphics they wish for?  You don't, you're just pulling that out of your arse like 100% of your other comments.

I don't need TrackIR to feel 'immersion', or does one need to have a full HOTAS system to feel immersion either.  All one needs to feel 'immersion' is the feeling of being there in the moment and that can be accomplished without TrackIR or HOTAS controllers.

semp

Yes, graphics can improve the immersion factor of a game, you're are kidding yourself if you think it can't.  

I didn't make a stupid comment about TrackIR, I just pointed out that your video was a terrible example since you only made it to test your TrackIR and spun around the views so rapidly that you only pretty much saw blackouts most of the time.  And if that flight is representative of how you fly normally, well, we can see why you're not very good.

ack-ack

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »
sure and let's limit the map to 15 players per side.   and fugitive can you see wingtip to wingtip?

semp

Again hiding your head in the sand to make a point. as I said...

if AH could display the graphics those other games do WITHOUT needing a super computer to use it

That includes keeping the 600 player arena. And to make it easy on you it also includes using all colors available, the complete shading from pure white, to pure black. All available objects and a few custom one just for grins.

Again if it were possible to do WITHOUT having to use a super computer would you consider it a more efficient graphics engine?

No I can not see wing tip to wing tip but the game doesn't provide that type of FOV because in most planes that would be over the 152 degrees allowed. I do use TrackIR and with a small movement can view that and more. My view on the other hand is stretched and distorted like yours and looks much more natural and so adds to my "immersion".

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 02:17:15 AM »
I find it amusing that people claim to know how I fly really don't have a clue as to how I fly.  FYI, most of the time I can be found in furballs, though I do prefer quality fights if I can find them but the MA being the MA, those fights are few and in between so most of the time I am in a furball.  

How do you know that Dolby and others don't have the system to run the improved graphics they wish for?  You don't, you're just pulling that out of your arse like 100% of your other comments.

I don't need TrackIR to feel 'immersion', or does one need to have a full HOTAS system to feel immersion either.  All one needs to feel 'immersion' is the feeling of being there in the moment and that can be accomplished without TrackIR or HOTAS controllers.

Yes, graphics can improve the immersion factor of a game, you're are kidding yourself if you think it can't.  

I didn't make a stupid comment about TrackIR, I just pointed out that your video was a terrible example since you only made it to test your TrackIR and spun around the views so rapidly that you only pretty much saw blackouts most of the time.  And if that flight is representative of how you fly normally, well, we can see why you're not very good.

ack-ack

akak because dolby and others have posted their system and what settings they use.  and they arent maxing all sliders.  the other day one guy was complaining on range about crappy graphics while using a really low end laptop.

the film  the quality is really bad, I know that.  but what you cannot see is what I was actually looking at.  I was not just moving my head around for no reason but was actually looking at several airplanes that were around me while at the same time tracking the con that was in front of me.  you can actually see him fly right in front of me going up trying to reduced e to get behind me.  he actually flew right in front of me twice.  and only he got behind me because I had another con that I didnt see get behind me.  I noticed because I heard his engine and firing on my headset, that's when I looked back.  now that's immersion, for a few seconds I actually felt like I was inside an airplane in the middle of combat.  and that was so cool.

as for skill at flying akak, I have none and that's how I like it.  but my skill at enjoying the game goes way above yours and fugitive's.

you know the once thing that i wish could get fixed?  is the distortion when using 3 screens.  that and the film viewer bugs.

and please do feel free to tell the rest of us what ao will do for us.  just dont get technical like challenge.  :salute.

gonna go play wot with it's "awesome graphics" but weird effects like what happens when you are next to a building and the turret moves seems to jump away from where you want to aim.  but hey the graphics arent "dated" and the engine it's so much newer  :rofl :rofl.

semp

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 02:46:33 AM »
  but my skill at enjoying the game goes way above yours and fugitive's.

semp

How do you know what my "skill at enjoying the game" is?  Who says that I'm not enjoying the game?  I obviously must enjoy the game since I've been playing AH for 13 years and enjoying the genre since 1993. 

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 06:26:56 AM »
Here is a comparison film from an ingame point.
I pushed both games to the point of choppy then dialled it back neither are set at maxed, but one gets more bang for the specs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YeN7v25B84

There's nothing wrong with AH, but a little updating and post FX would go along way.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:32:08 AM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 12:57:42 PM »
dolby why is the instrument panel so dark?  the game looks a lot darker than it should be for a clear day.

semp

edit: for a minute there wt reminded me of aw when you would turn fight with a bomber.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
Time of day. And have you seen Juggler fly his Ju88 as a fighter?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho