Author Topic: Film Contest  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Film Contest
« on: November 05, 2013, 04:28:51 PM »
Film Contest Rules and Requirements.

We are looking for a few good films.  The films are of air combat maneuvers.  The winning selections will receive a three month nontransferable credit to their existing subscription account for each win (i.e. you win two categories, you get six months credit...).

Winners will be judged on quality, accuracy of flight, details of maneuver, the overall setting of the environment, and the maneuver being submitted for.  A clear understanding of what these maneuvers are is required.  Robert Shaw's “Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering” is the reference for this contest.

The films will be submitted in the native Aces High Film format (.ahf) or a Zipped version of that format.  We do not care what the audio contains.  For a submission to qualify both pilots must submit the films of the same sortie.  All sorties must end with a kill as a direct result of the maneuver.  The film names must correlate to the maneuver it is portraying.

All film submissions will be from the “Playroom” arena and be fought from field 16.  You do not have to enter every category.  The arena has been configured to allow you to change countries with no time limit and friendly fire is enabled.  Clouds are plentiful around this field and are as much a part of the submission as the flight itself.

In each category you will need to demonstrate how the maneuver is used to get the kill, how the maneuver can work against you and get you killed.  For example, in lead pursuit if you turn to sharp into the enemy and lose site of his plane, he can use that to gain an advantage to blow you from the skies.

The planes used in these films must be chosen from the following list.  The films must be axis versus allied.

Planes:

Yak-3
Yak-7B
Ki-43-II
He 111H
Sea Hurricane Mk I
Ju 87G-2
Me 410
Fi 156
P-40N
P-40F
A6M3
B-29
G4M1 Betty
Mosquito Mk XVI
P-47M
Brewster B-239
I-16
P-39Q
P-39D
F4U-1A
Spitfire Mk VIII
Spitfire Mk XVI
Bf 109G-14
P-47N
P-38J
P-38G

Here are the categories:

Lead Pursuit (film name: lead_pursuit)
Lag Pursuit (film name: lag_pursuit)
Pure Pursuit (film name: pure_pursuit)
Lag Displacement Rolls (film name: lag_disp_rolls)
High Yo-Yo (film name: high_yoyo)
Low Yo-Yo (film name: low_yoyo)
Lead Turn (film name: lead_turn)
Flat Scissors (film name: flat_scissors)
Vertical and Oblique Turns (film name: vertical_turn)
Rolling Scissors (film name: rolling_scissors)
Defensive Spiral (film name: defensive_spiral)

Good luck and may the best pilots win.

The contest will close on November 15, 2013, unless there are no winners for a give category.

Submissions can be emailed to support@hitechcreations.com or posted in the "Films and Screenshots" section of the bulletin board with a PM to me about it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 04:53:07 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com