Author Topic: Spawn Camping - Apparently It's Cheating  (Read 6283 times)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Spawn Camping - Apparently It's Cheating
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:57:22 AM »
Saw this, and had to laugh...

http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/67440-spawn-camping-is-cheating-dont-do-it/

I had the misfortune of running into a group of players in a level 20 match that took great pleasure in camping our spawn point.

Note: This is an exploit of Game Mechanics, I say that not as a moderator but as an experienced gamer that has seen this ruin many games and is almost universally prohibited.

Exploiting Game Mechanics is a Direct Violation of the EULA.

1.6. Prohibited Uses. You agree that you will not:

" a). Engage in any act that Gaijin deems in its reasonable discretion to be in conflict with the spirit or intended use of the products and related service, including but not limited to circumventing or manipulating this Agreement, game rules, game mechanics or policies;"

It's BS and it's cheating. It's also unethical to take advantage of other people like that - I mean - what kind of person are you if you do this? It's absolutely griefing.

" d). Use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third party software designed to modify or interfere with the Product or any Gaijin game experience;"

" e). Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (1) any computer or server used to offer or support the Product, Game and related Services, Gaijin Site or any Gaijin game environment (each a «Server»); or (2) the enjoyment of the Product by any other person;"

I can't name names here but I have you all blacklisted and you have each been reported.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:59:04 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Re: Spawn Camping - Apparently It's Cheating
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »
Why doesn't someone just fly in an IL-2 and bust up the spawn camp? Wait a second, never mind.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 02:23:57 PM »
Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (1) any computer or server used to offer or support the Product, Game and related Services, Gaijin Site or any Gaijin game environment (each a «Server»); or (2) the enjoyment of the Product by any other person;"

:rofl

So if little Timmy gets mad because he got spawn camped, or say... "shot down", that's against the EULA according to this guy?

That's some quality whining.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »
Spawn camping?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:53:11 PM by XxDaSTaRxx »
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »
Gaming the game aka spawn camping is indeed very lame and spoils game immersion. It's a game design flaw to have predictable spawn points that can be camped and sitting there is no different from finding a wall glitch in FPS which lets you shoot others from inside the wall but they can't shoot you back.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 04:17:54 PM »
They should just take off from the next closest friendly field.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »
Gaming the game aka spawn camping is indeed very lame and spoils game immersion. It's a game design flaw to have predictable spawn points that can be camped and sitting there is no different from finding a wall glitch in FPS which lets you shoot others from inside the wall but they can't shoot you back.

I think an easy way to fix this would be to make the spawn more.. random. Instead of spawning anywhere within a circle of a 1 block radius, change it to 4 or 8 block radius. That way, at least, spawn campers have to be more strategic when they spawn camp.  "Do I charge in and park behind the spawn, and risk being flanked? OR do I park a ways down the road to where he will be going and get him there?"

At least gives the spawners a chance.

I do agree with those who are saying "well up this that or the other and kill the guy".  But this is a great alternative, and addresses a problem that has been here for quite awhile.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 05:21:34 PM »
The OP is referencing a thread regarding War Thunder's "Arcade Battles", where their planes spawn in the air. They don't even get the choice to take off or land.  They spawn in flying, and can repair and rearm in flight. I just thought it was funny that this player was using his own interpretation of select pieces of the software EULA to claim the spawn campers were cheating and breaking the license agreement.

:rofl
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 06:17:06 PM »
HTC's goal to piss the other guy off is detrimental to gameplay   :old:

We have been doing it all wrong,  kids these days don't need to learn the hard way they need to be shooting at planes that fly straight and level and every 3rd GV kill a jeep.   

It's no fun if you aren't winning.    :(
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 10:54:20 PM »
HTC's goal to piss the other guy off is detrimental to gameplay   :old:

We have been doing it all wrong,  kids these days don't need to learn the hard way they need to be shooting at planes that fly straight and level and every 3rd GV kill a jeep.   

It's no fun if you aren't whining.    :(

fixed
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 11:00:08 PM »
If people are mad enough to type me a whine PM it is rude not to try and wind them up but they seem to not bite these days and just go all silent.

I didn't think I'd ever say this but I miss Vdallas we would have some great chats after he got it off his chest.   Mostly ended up with him telling me to go back to school  :headscratch:   :old:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 02:47:23 AM »
When you see people land 80-90 GV kills in a sortie it's a clear indication (at least to me) that the system has failed. They're not achieved through combat but by sitting at the spawn waiting for cannon fodder.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 04:28:27 AM »
When you see people land 80-90 GV kills in a sortie it's a clear indication (at least to me) that the system has failed. They're not achieved through combat but by sitting at the spawn waiting for cannon fodder.
if you've ever sat at any of the busy spawn fights and got 30 or more kills, you suddenly become the target of every enemy ORD carrying bird around,by 50 your starting to sweat pretty hard since every tank that ups is firing directly on you,, fast movers are starting to up to chase you out and keep you from landing them,, get that kill number on up to about 100 and see how much adrenaline gets pumping while having to drive your.
Tank thru the spawn to get to your base and land, then get Back to me on that.
 or better yet fight a running battle from a spawn to your base,firing behind your tank while trying not to run into the trees,,,leaving the spawn with 18 kills yet landing 67,,,,
If it wasn't fun,why does the enemy keep upping?,
At 85 everyone in the game knows about the spawn battle, if your side is at 88 your gonna get camped, yet people will up there for a week strait,, only to get killed over and over, armed with the hope they might break the spawn for an hour or two,,,,if it weren't for the spawn fights,,the tanking aspect wouldn't have nearly as many players as it does now,,,
when certain maps come up now, there is a chance that no GV action will take place,, others promote large spawn camps with tank town type fighting were spawns are literally 500 feet from each other,,, these are were most all of your tankers are from the time the map comes up ,till it gets rolled,,, on all three sides, when possible
Should some spawns be modified? Yes maybe so,but I say move them closer together to encourage fighting not farther apart!
If I camp the road you have to drive down to get to my town and I let you drive for five minutes to get there before I kill you, knowing exactly were you are because I've listened to your motor the whole time might be more realistic, but being able to re up and be in the fight instantly is more desirable  to either side than the long journey into probable certain death, rinse,repeat
Flying since tour 71.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 04:56:24 AM »
Spawn camping isn't cheating, just lame.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 05:19:06 AM »
if you've ever sat at any of the busy spawn fights and got 30 or more kills, you suddenly become the target of every enemy ORD carrying bird around,by 50 your starting to sweat pretty hard since every tank that ups is firing directly on you,, fast movers are starting to up to chase you out and keep you from landing them,, get that kill number on up to about 100 and see how much adrenaline gets pumping while having to drive your.
Tank thru the spawn to get to your base and land, then get Back to me on that.
 or better yet fight a running battle from a spawn to your base,firing behind your tank while trying not to run into the trees,,,leaving the spawn with 18 kills yet landing 67,,,,
If it wasn't fun,why does the enemy keep upping?,

I'm pretty sure it's about as far from fun as it gets for the ones that you spawnrape. They keep upping because a) They're noobs b) They're thickheaded and think perhaps next time you run out of ammo if they spawn long enough c) Because they're desperate or d) they didn't know you were camping there, then just find something else to do