Author Topic: Spawn Camping - Apparently It's Cheating  (Read 6288 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Spawn Camping - Apparently It's Cheating
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 05:39:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's about as far from fun as it gets for the ones that you spawnrape. They keep upping because a) They're noobs b) They're thickheaded and think perhaps next time you run out of ammo if they spawn long enough c) Because they're desperate or d) they didn't know you were camping there, then just find something else to do
a lot of people might think that,, but it's just not true,  I might not up a bunch of times, over and over at 85 from 88 but many darn good tankers do,,, before we lost the map with the 134 spawn fight, that battle would go either way for hours with both sides getting ahead for short periods of time,, I upped their no matter what side had control!!!   85/88 is a little more one sided, unless you own 85/88 both,, then it's a great fight, not a slaughter,,, the ones that don't come back are the ones that have to drive to their death for five minutes or so, or they come back heavy, but then again,, that happens in either situation,, just sooner for the guy that otherwise has to take extra time to extract revenge!

Flying since tour 71.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 06:30:31 AM »
The problem with increasing the size of spawns is that the SPs on all the MA maps would have to be checked and maybe moved to avoid the spawn areas overlapping water or a steep slope. There are hundreds of spawns on some maps so it would be a lot of work. However HTC could add a large SP object to the terrain editor to allow future maps to have larger SPs.

One way to help balance spawn camping would be if the spawnee was invisible to enemy players until he either moved or fired. Maybe allow him to aim his gun. That would at least let him look round, spot the campers and get a first shot in. He could also wait until team mates spawned in and get them to all open fire together. The possibility of being shot at almost immediately a tank appeared would make camping a riskier proposition. The camper(s) would still have the range to the SP zeroed in but it would be less unfair than what we have now.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2013, 07:23:07 AM »
The problem with increasing the size of spawns is that the SPs on all the MA maps would have to be checked and maybe moved to avoid the spawn areas overlapping water or a steep slope. There are hundreds of spawns on some maps so it would be a lot of work. However HTC could add a large SP object to the terrain editor to allow future maps to have larger SPs.

One way to help balance spawn camping would be if the spawnee was invisible to enemy players until he either moved or fired. Maybe allow him to aim his gun. That would at least let him look round, spot the campers and get a first shot in. He could also wait until team mates spawned in and get them to all open fire together. The possibility of being shot at almost immediately a tank appeared would make camping a riskier proposition. The camper(s) would still have the range to the SP zeroed in but it would be less unfair than what we have now.

Or add a simple rule to the code: If spawn area x,y = water, select another random spawn point.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »

Or add a simple rule to the code: If spawn area x,y = water, select another random spawn point.

The position of vehicle spawn points can only be changed in the Terrain Editor, but the size of the spawn points is an arena setting (default I believe is 1500' radius). I also thought that the code was changed long ago to not spawn a vehicle on a steep slope, tree, building or water. I also think the spawn point has 4 actual "random" spawn-in points within the spawn radius.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »
Destroying a spawn camper from the air was always very rewarding. Particularly one that had to drive a ways to get there.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 10:54:33 AM »
The position of vehicle spawn points can only be changed in the Terrain Editor, but the size of the spawn points is an arena setting (default I believe is 1500' radius). I also thought that the code was changed long ago to not spawn a vehicle on a steep slope, tree, building or water. I also think the spawn point has 4 actual "random" spawn-in points within the spawn radius.

My bad then, I wasn't aware of any of that.

Offline HPriller

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 11:16:16 AM »
Funny to see another War thunder thread crossover.  What makes this thread particularly hilarious is the context of it.  War Thunder's arcade battles air start with ~6-20 players per team against each other.  A match rarely lasts more than 15 minutes and you get to respawn as many times as you have crews and planes (5 free to play, 9 crews max).   This spawn camping typically only occurs on the smallest maps where you can literally fly from one spawn to the other in under 2 minutes.  In practically every arcade match you'll see at *least* one player whining about being rammed and calling out the rammer with various insults.  It's funny because people take this contrived setup so very seriously and get so upset when they lose their digital plane (till the next match 15 minutes later).  The spawn camp thing is pretty funny too because, you can manually select a runway start if you want, not that it will do you much good as the runways are typically just a few thousand feet below the air spawns and starting from 0 instead of 250mph leaves you a *lot* more vulnerable to being vulched.

Meanwhile, in Aces High you're lucky if you can even find and fly to a fight inside of 20 minutes.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2013, 12:17:37 PM »
if you've ever sat at any of the busy spawn fights and got 30 or more kills, you suddenly become the target of every enemy ORD carrying bird around,by 50 your starting to sweat pretty hard since every tank that ups is firing directly on you,, fast movers are starting to up to chase you out and keep you from landing them,, get that kill number on up to about 100 and see how much adrenaline gets pumping while having to drive your.
Tank thru the spawn to get to your base and land, then get Back to me on that.
 or better yet fight a running battle from a spawn to your base,firing behind your tank while trying not to run into the trees,,,leaving the spawn with 18 kills yet landing 67,,,,
If it wasn't fun,why does the enemy keep upping?,
At 85 everyone in the game knows about the spawn battle, if your side is at 88 your gonna get camped, yet people will up there for a week strait,, only to get killed over and over, armed with the hope they might break the spawn for an hour or two,,,,if it weren't for the spawn fights,,the tanking aspect wouldn't have nearly as many players as it does now,,,
when certain maps come up now, there is a chance that no GV action will take place,, others promote large spawn camps with tank town type fighting were spawns are literally 500 feet from each other,,, these are were most all of your tankers are from the time the map comes up ,till it gets rolled,,, on all three sides, when possible
Should some spawns be modified? Yes maybe so,but I say move them closer together to encourage fighting not farther apart!
If I camp the road you have to drive down to get to my town and I let you drive for five minutes to get there before I kill you, knowing exactly were you are because I've listened to your motor the whole time might be more realistic, but being able to re up and be in the fight instantly is more desirable  to either side than the long journey into probable certain death, rinse,repeat

My adrenaline gets pumpin if I get 3 or more in any tank. Considering my armor is paper-thin  :lol

That is the benefit of a predictable spawn system though, easy to find combat.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2013, 10:47:36 PM »
I still smile at the time I dropped 2 1k bombs in my pony and got 5 kills at 135  :rock :rock :rock.  almost as good as I dropped all my rockets at a rearming pad and getting 7 kills  :rofl :rofl :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 01:18:51 AM »
if you've ever sat at any of the busy spawn fights and got 30 or more kills, you suddenly become the target of every enemy ORD carrying bird around,by 50 your starting to sweat pretty hard since every tank that ups is firing directly on you,, fast movers are starting to up to chase you out and keep you from landing them,, get that kill number on up to about 100 and see how much adrenaline gets pumping while having to drive your.
Tank thru the spawn to get to your base and land, then get Back to me on that.
 or better yet fight a running battle from a spawn to your base,firing behind your tank while trying not to run into the trees,,,leaving the spawn with 18 kills yet landing 67,,,,
If it wasn't fun,why does the enemy keep upping?,
At 85 everyone in the game knows about the spawn battle, if your side is at 88 your gonna get camped, yet people will up there for a week strait,, only to get killed over and over, armed with the hope they might break the spawn for an hour or two,,,,if it weren't for the spawn fights,,the tanking aspect wouldn't have nearly as many players as it does now,,,
when certain maps come up now, there is a chance that no GV action will take place,, others promote large spawn camps with tank town type fighting were spawns are literally 500 feet from each other,,, these are were most all of your tankers are from the time the map comes up ,till it gets rolled,,, on all three sides, when possible
Should some spawns be modified? Yes maybe so,but I say move them closer together to encourage fighting not farther apart!
If I camp the road you have to drive down to get to my town and I let you drive for five minutes to get there before I kill you, knowing exactly were you are because I've listened to your motor the whole time might be more realistic, but being able to re up and be in the fight instantly is more desirable  to either side than the long journey into probable certain death, rinse,repeat

Could not have said it better.

Last Year, or maybe it was very early this year, I landed a 100 kill sorty at the 85 spawn. Prior to that I had an entire mission up off of the cv that was parked right off the coast that was owned by the other side to come kill me. I literally had about 20,000lbs of bombs dropped in my vicinity before I started driving off to try and escape. I ended up driving right under a bomb that killed me with my 80 some kills. Next mission, I parked in the same exact position but was able to get to the 100 mark and was able to get them home safe. Then a few days or weeks later, I landed another 110 kill mission.

Haven't been in the game for probably three months now... I think I might just log on and hopefully that map is currently on or craters is.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 01:46:48 AM »
Could not have said it better.

Last Year, or maybe it was very early this year, I landed a 100 kill sorty at the 85 spawn. Prior to that I had an entire mission up off of the cv that was parked right off the coast that was owned by the other side to come kill me. I literally had about 20,000lbs of bombs dropped in my vicinity before I started driving off to try and escape. I ended up driving right under a bomb that killed me with my 80 some kills. Next mission, I parked in the same exact position but was able to get to the 100 mark and was able to get them home safe. Then a few days or weeks later, I landed another 110 kill mission.

Haven't been in the game for probably three months now... I think I might just log on and hopefully that map is currently on or craters is.

That's the whole point. Nobody should land 100 kills by exploiting a game weakness and parking to a spot.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 04:13:07 AM »
Dirtdart informed me of a Tiger at the spawn and marked him, I then dropped 2k in him :)

I then let loose my rockets on a T34  :)

It was awesome :old:

Please note no individuals or animals were hurt in said event :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 12:05:20 PM »
That's the whole point. Nobody should land 100 kills by exploiting a game weakness and parking to a spot.

You must not be a tanker then. The whole point of 85 is to have a lot of action as well as the the spawns at the trinity map and the city on Craters and the city on island map. What I did not say is that with all of those sorties, were only around a half hour in length each. Both sides had around 20 people spawning. I was just lucky enough to survive. And when I go into a spawn, I am always at the very front in the open, So its not like they don't have a chance.
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 02:37:15 PM »
 :lol

humbug
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2013, 06:25:27 AM »
Gaming the game aka spawn camping is indeed very lame and spoils game immersion. It's a game design flaw to have predictable spawn points that can be camped and sitting there is no different from finding a wall glitch in FPS which lets you shoot others from inside the wall but they can't shoot you back.

I'd have to agree with this. And the camping game is one of the primary reasons I dont play GVs in the game
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty