Author Topic: fighter kills without vulching  (Read 2094 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
fighter kills without vulching
« on: November 07, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Requesting an achievement for killing 1,000 fighters in a fighter - without vulching.  Prize could be a CAC Boomerang in your hangar.  :banana:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: fighter kills without vulching
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 04:44:35 PM »
how would you define a vulch?  wheels up? taxiing?  dis-proportionate energy states?

Everyone is so down on the vulcher,  he didn't ask for the suicidal maniac to repeatedly press the spawn button at a capped field and attempt to kill the goon everyone worked so very hard to get that town dead.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 04:57:38 PM »
Right now, the achievement system has several achievements pertaining to vulching:

"Kill a plane within 30 seconds of it spawning"

"Survive enemy vulching for 1 minute"

"Get a kill while enemy vulching"

The system already has parameters in place, that determine what a vulch is defined as.

Judging by your offense taken by this thread topic, I gather there is no need to ask if you are a big-time vulcher.
There is no need to get your hackles up.  I am simply asking for some credit being given to people who don't take one particular score padding shortcut. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 06:11:17 PM »
There should be an achievement for getting 5 vulch kills in a row on the same sortie.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »
There should be an achievement for getting 5 vulch kills in a row on the same sortie.

ack-ack

you'll be glad to know my best vulch run in 1 sortie was in the P38 AKAK,  20 kills in the space of 3 minutes about 8 of those accredited to well placed rockets.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
Judging by your offense taken by this thread topic, I gather there is no need to ask if you are a big-time vulcher.
There is no need to get your hackles up.  I am simply asking for some credit being given to people who don't take one particular score padding shortcut.  

No offence taken here I get accused of vulching all the time when it isn't true.  

Was wondering what the system defines as a vulch I would say wheels on ground quantifies a vulch either by bomb, rocket or guns.  

Still people could just wait until the victim gets airbourne then kill them.  I assume the idea of the wish was for what you deem to be a fair kill?   How about the time we were having a really good spit 1 vs spit 1 fight and then you picked me after an ack hugging niki (cheetah)  came back into the fight.   You then proceeded to shoot after you were bang to rights not a minute earlier.  

So would you class picking as a kill in your 1000?   I would argue that picking someone who doesn't see you coming or in a >2 vs 1 is easier than a vulch because you have to manage your Energy to evade the ground and not to mention all the soft gun, wirb cowards that would rather sit around than risk their cartoon neck.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:36:19 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 06:33:52 PM »

ack-ack

Yes! I recently got 5 rocket vulch kills in a TBM. If you take off in a situation where a TBM can get you, you asked for it.

~S~
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 07:07:21 PM »
No offence taken here I get accused of vulching all the time when it isn't true.  

you'll be glad to know my best vulch run in 1 sortie was in the P38 AKAK,  20 kills in the space of 3 minutes about 8 of those accredited to well placed rockets.

Was wondering what the system defines as a vulch I would say wheels on ground quantifies a vulch either by bomb, rocket or guns.  

Still people could just wait until the victim gets airbourne then kill them.  I assume the idea of the wish was for what you deem to be a fair kill?   How about the time we were having a really good spit 1 vs spit 1 fight and then you picked me after an ack hugging niki (cheetah)  came back into the fight.   You then proceeded to shoot after you were bang to rights not a minute earlier.  

So would you class picking as a kill in your 1000?   I would argue that picking someone who doesn't see you coming or in a >2 vs 1 is easier than a vulch because you have to manage your Energy to evade the ground and not to mention all the soft gun, wirb cowards that would rather sit around than risk their cartoon neck.

A lot of conflicting info here.  If we were having a 1v1, how can I pick you?  I never left the fight, so how can it be a pick?  And you didn't see me coming?  So I shouldn't have shot at you because I was dead to rights a minute earlier?  Just bail out on your say-so?  Since the nik jumped into our fight, I should bow out and let him steal a kill?  I can't help what some ack hugging niki does, as I don't pay for his account.

As far as picking goes, some picks are easier than others but all are certainly more difficult to some degree than rocketing a sitting duck.  SA failure in the air isn't the same as sledgehammering an upper.  If you are in the air in the MA, you can't expect too many 1v1 fights to stay 1v1 forever.  I don't usually pick 1v1s unless they ask for help.

Regardless, the wish was specifically about vulch-free kills, which you must admit are not as easy as firing rockets at helpless foes that are just trying to give you a fight.  Furthermore, it baffles me how "leet" players like you get off on such easy kills all the time, year after year.  I would be bored out of my mind.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 07:27:45 PM »
Furthermore, it baffles me how "leet" players like you get off on such easy kills all the time, year after year.  I would be bored out of my mind.

That's an easy one to answer...vulching is fun, great fun, especially when the 'vulchee' cries on Channel 200. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 08:48:26 PM »
Somebody once called vulching camping...

Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 09:28:09 PM »
Somebody once called vulching camping...

(Image removed from quote.)

What is this, "GOTCHA!" hour?   :rolleyes:

Not every picture I make is about me, which is the case there.  Between those two tanks, I have a total of 8 kills in 6 years.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
A lot of conflicting info here.  If we were having a 1v1, how can I pick you?  I never left the fight, so how can it be a pick?  And you didn't see me coming?  So I shouldn't have shot at you because I was dead to rights a minute earlier?  Just bail out on your say-so?  Since the nik jumped into our fight, I should bow out and let him steal a kill?  I can't help what some ack hugging niki does, as I don't pay for his account.

he ran to ack 4 or 5 times then you dove in from height after I grew tired of trying to get him before ack got me.  

After throwing her about and gaining the advantage he re-engaged, you knew he was there as I survived another 4 reversals 2 on each of you.  Did you enjoy seeing my poor spitty mk 1 struggle?   You had enough time to think wait a second i'll turn off and resume our excellent dogfight after this sweetheart is dead.

What it was is a lack of respect of the red guy you were fighting with.   If I see a friendly trying to steal a kill in the same way I'll break off and let him have at it.   More often than not the friendly will get smoked and it will serve as a lesson to not interrupt / pick fights in the future.  However cheetah is on my list of dweebs and only reason that engagement stuck in my mind.  

Guys upping capped fields are not interested in fighting 80% of the time they will HO / ram everything in sight or kill the goon to save their precious base.   Vulching just happens to be the best way to maintain aerial superiority when the town is 20 seconds from the runway.   I would prefer moving it further away from airfields to give them more of a chance to get some air.  

Do I enjoy vulching?  it is pretty hard to get a good one these days with all the preventative measures HTC keep adding.  Sure it is a bit of sport but a necessary evil to achieve a base capture objective.  In the times I play the odds always lie with the defender so forgive me If I take a dim view of tower sitters who only up when it suits them instead of meeting the attack half way in the air.   
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 10:45:59 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 12:36:08 AM »
There is a thread about vulching - somebody has to butt in saying vulching is not vulching  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 06:00:29 AM »

What is this, "GOTCHA!" hour?   :rolleyes:

Not every picture I make is about me, which is the case there.  Between those two tanks, I have a total of 8 kills in 6 years.

I didn't accuse you of camping sir. I just put the photo there for humor. Good job on those.  :salute
Do not run.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »

What is this, "GOTCHA!" hour?   :rolleyes:

Not every picture I make is about me, which is the case there.  Between those two tanks, I have a total of 8 kills in 6 years.

Although....

:neener:
Do not run.