Author Topic: You can teach monkeys to fly better than that  (Read 960 times)

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
You can teach monkeys to fly better than that
« on: November 14, 2013, 04:41:24 AM »

Maybe these have already been said or maybe I missed some of them.

Hard to believe no one has suggested that all the kill streak achievements shouldn't be counted unless they were done without dying.

But it especially seems wrong that proxies count toward the achievement.

"You can teach monkeys to fly better than that" -achievement earned for belly landing 100 times with no damage to the plane.   

And lastly there's a big swath of missing achievements.  Yak 9 ace, 109f4 ace, 47D11 ace, Aced every aircraft... <-- should ESPECIALLY be restricted to no death kill streaks.  Maybe these categories or another version of them should be geared toward recognizing players who are truly devoted to their bird...  Hurricane God, P39 God...  <-- don't care for that title, but you get the idea.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: You can teach monkeys to fly better than that
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 10:03:32 PM »
It has been suggested, repeatedly.  It has also been shown to be flawed repeatedly.

That sort of requirement encourages timidity, which is bad for the game.  Achievements ought to be things that encourage gameplay that makes the game better.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 05:56:41 AM »
Yea, well I can see the 352 kills streak causing a lot of that, but the 5 and 10 kill streaks?  Even 17 or so? A considerable part of the population can do 5 in a single sortie too easy.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 12:51:36 PM »
Isn't there already an achievement for 5 and 10 kill sorties?  I seem to recall getting achievements for shooting down 5 and 10 players in a single sortie.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »
Isn't there already an achievement for 5 and 10 kill sorties?

We have achievements for kill streaks at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 landed kills without a death and 5,10,15 kills in a single sortie.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:29:17 PM »

We have achievements for kill streaks at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 landed kills without a death

so those do require a streak? If so, cool.

Now to make fun of habitual belly landers.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »
"Boomps-a-daisy.  It's enough to make you weep."  :D
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 10:15:49 AM »
Dacka Dacka Dacka