Author Topic: The Word PWN and Its Proper Usage  (Read 4134 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
The Word PWN and Its Proper Usage
« on: November 14, 2013, 11:33:34 AM »
Okay, I am getting a little bit irritated with the amount of dweebiness that has been going on the MA recently.

First of yall, I have been playing this game for many many years, I know how all the planes work respectively. I have noticed a lot of changes in the community since I have been back after a long 4 year break.

I understand that the concept of the game is to get kills and win the map. That's great, I am all for that!

Here is thing, if I am in a 1v1 fight with another opponent, and you deliberately come down and kill(pick) me that does not mean you PWNed me. Okay!!!!! Yeah thats great you got the kill on me. That doesn't mean you can claim over ch200 that you PWNed me cause you killed me. Especially after you ran away from me only to turn back around and pick me in another fight. Don't claim to PWN if you turn down my DA offer period.

Second off, If you are in a spit8 and I am in a 109g14 and we have a 1v1 and you kill me, that does not mean you PWNed me. The spit8 should beat the 109g14 in a       1v1 given both pilots of = ability. Now if the fight was the other way around and I beat you 1 v 1 in a 109g14, then yes I'd say you got PWNed. Also If I am being attacked by 2 planes and one of you kills me, That does not mean you PWNed me!!!! that was a 2 on 1 fight, with me at a harsh disadvantage.

3rd. I had a guy the other day try to bet me $100 cash money over a paypall account for a 1 v 1 fight cause he was talking trash to me and I wanted to DA him. I say hey lets go the DA we can battle this out like gentleman, he comes back and says that I am a radish for not betting him $100. First of all, I don't give away my private information out to strangers, especially dweebs like this. And then you claim to PWN me anyway cuz I won't take you up on this $100 offer, even though I said lets go the DA right now???? get lost buddy.

What happened to the old days when people were man/women enough to actually go out and battle in the DA if people were talking trash to you? What happened to having respect for a gentleman's duel in the DA. Now all I see is guys who claim to PWN but don't back anything up, picking easy kills in your spit8s, and wont even go to the DA if someone calls you out.

The definition of PWNing is going to the DA and fighting in the same planes. If someone wins 5-0 then that is getting pwned. 3-2 is a good fight but that is not PWNing. If you are in the MA and you pick someone who is in a 1 v 1 at the deck you did not PWN them. That was a simple MA kill. If I am in a p47d40 and you are in a yak-3 and we get in a 1 v 1 in the MA and I kill you in a p47d40 then you got PWNed. Not the other way around.

I'm tired of hearing people with their big mouths and no skill or experience claiming over 200 or country channel that you PWN someone, because quite frankly you sound like a joke if you do not go to the DA and back it up, or you killed a low and slow 109g14 in the middle of a 1 v 1 turn fight, claim you PWN and continue to run your mouth about how you killed him.

Get it right AH community and don't claim you PWN somebody if you are gonna be a dweeb about it and not back it up. 

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 11:48:01 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Re: The Word PWN and Its Proper Usage
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »
I know how to fix this problem. 
  • Detune 200
  • Chillax and enjoy the game
  • Squelch the PM'ers
  • Winning in the DA only means you DA well.  MA tactics require a little more thought
:salute
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 11:50:55 AM »
+1  :aok
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 12:00:59 PM »
Spit VIII can be said to "pwn" a Bf109G-14 depending on the circumstances.  If the Bf109G-14 started with a significant E and positional advantage or if the Spit VIII killed the Bf109G-14 unusually rapidly it could be said to have "pwned" the Bf109.

Conversely, if the Bf109G-14 starts with a significant E and positional advantage and kills the Spitfire Mk VIII it has not "pwned" th Spitfire, nor has it done so if it takes excessively long to kill the Spitfire.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »
After much turning, imho obvious pwnage was applied the first time.  :aok

The second time after a lot of big talk by the OP on ch200 about how he was going to down me and for me to come back, pwnage again was applied and said OP's base was also taken at the same time. :D

The thrill of victory :banana: ... and the agony of defeat. :ahand

The OP having lost twice and having lost his base as well is understandably distressed. :old:

I do not know who the other person is that wants to bet the OP money as it is not me. :headscratch:

I do agree the MA is different (more complicated) than a simple DA duel... and it is this complexity of additional variables that help true pwnage skills stand out. :)

Pwned! :neener:

:airplane: :joystick: :banana:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:08:08 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
Lol midway, the first time you didn't even get the kill on me, plus you came in and picked my 109g14 while I was getting BnZed by the other spit16. Then you talk crap on channel 200. That is not PWNing boy.

second you were in a spit8 I was in a 109g14. You are lucky the first pings I hit you with didnt kill you.

3rd, If I was in a spit8 you wouldn't have even had a chance.

4th. It still took your friends to pick me in the second fight. I don't even know how you got the kill for that either.

5th I am surprised you are even allowed to claim you PWN when the only aircraft you fly in an easy mode spit8.. get real. I learned how to fight in trainer mode planes 7 years ago.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 12:17:15 PM »
After much turning, imho obvious pwnage was applied the first time.  :aok

The second time after a lot of big talk by the OP on ch200 about how he was going to down me and for me to come back, pwnage again was applied and said OP's base was also taken at the same time. :D

The thrill of victory :banana: ... and the agony of defeat. :ahand

The OP having lost twice and having lost his base as well is understandably distressed. :old:

I do not know who the other person is that wants to bet the OP money as it is not me. :headscratch:

I do agree the MA is different (more complicated) than a simple DA duel... and it is this complexity of additional variables that help true pwnage skills stand out. :)

Pwned! :neener:

This person is not an expert on pwnage and therefore should be discounted.  He IS an expert on ankle humping and tard behavior and should be avoided in those instances :rofl :aok
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:17:51 PM »
This again... God save us...

Violator, the one you were interacting with is known to claim "PWNed" quite often. Just like when im fighting a pony in my Dora, he comes with alt in a spit8, shoots my arse then claims "pwned". What so ever.
Oddly enough, after he lost 10 duels in a row - in his own precious plane - he never ever went to the DA with me, only ran his mouth that how he "pwned" my Dora in the MA.

Anyways, little one (you know im talking to you...). I challenge you for a 100 rounds duel in MY ride. 190 D9 vs 190 D9. If you can manage to win just one from those 100 duels, ill post on the BBS that you pwned me. Hoing or front quarter shots are forbidden in any circumstances and the films will be reviewed.
-
i think theese are fair rules. If you beat me in my game, THEN im pwned. Otherwise you have to post that youre a little fool and lost to 100:0 in D9s. Take this or shut it both on the BBS and 200, stop talking disrespectfully about others.

The ones who find fun in annoying and ankle humping others are the lowest of the low. End of the story.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:24:04 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 12:18:47 PM »
The point of a DA fight is show who is actually better with ACM in each plane choice at CO-alt and speed.

Most of the trash talkers in the MA only claim to be good cause they can get easy kills using speed, plane, #s, alt advantage.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »
I get PWNd a lot. However since I don't tune to 200 I don't realize it.  :P

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
True application of pwnage doesn't need to be boasted about.  Midway knows not how to apply pwnage.

'nuff said. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 12:35:35 PM »
The point of a DA fight is show who is actually better with ACM in each plane choice at CO-alt and speed.

Most of the trash talkers in the MA only claim to be good cause they can get easy kills using speed, plane, #s, alt advantage.

I would argue that part of ACM is using all of the above to win a fight.  Extending is part of ACM right?.  

IMHO, 99% of DA fight I have been involved in end up on the deck near stall speed.  It's not been about ACM, after the second or third turn.  It was about how well you kept your plane from crashing into the ground.  Right Fulcrum?

ON EDIT:  If it was Midboy that started this thread, you should be ashamed.  He doesn't count in this game.  He should be felt sorry for.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 12:40:00 PM by Scca »
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »
This again... God save us...

Violator, the one you were interacting with is known to claim "PWNed" quite often. Just like when im fighting a pony in my Dora, he comes with alt in a spit8, shoots my arse then claims "pwned". What so ever.
Oddly enough, after he lost 10 duels in a row - in his own precious plane - he never ever went to the DA with me, only ran his mouth that how he "pwned" my Dora in the MA.

Anyways, little one (you know im talking to you...). I challenge you for a 100 rounds duel in MY ride. 190 D9 vs 190 D9. If you can manage to win just one from those 100 duels, ill post on the BBS that you pwned me. Hoing or front quarter shots are forbidden in any circumstances and the films will be reviewed.
-
i think theese are fair rules. If you beat me in my game, THEN im pwned. Otherwise you have to post that youre a little fool and lost to 100:0 in D9s. Take this or shut it both on the BBS and 200, stop talking disrespectfully about others.

The MA is fine.  :old:

I will up my D9 upon sight of you. :joystick:

If you recall we did duel several times after my off day and you did comment how I came out the better pilot even having admitted such to your AoM buds... just as ChangeUp also had to admit when I soundly won my dueling session with him in P51s and P47s.  :aok

I believe you claimed to not have been at your best then either. :)

Debrody is an excellent pilot but I will also have to claim pwnage upon his G6, with substantial frequency, both in the MA and DA.  Although, I will admit, the reverse has also been true. :salute

If someone challenges me on ch200 to come back after a defeat and they would down me with ease...
... and I return for a co-E or nearly co-E fight and down said big talker again...
... while his base is taken at the same time...
... well... the best description of said downing is:

:ahand ------> PWNed! <----- :ahand

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 12:39:08 PM »
Who wanted to bet 100 bucks.... I wanna DA that guy. Can we make it 200 dollars and a name change of the winners choice for a whole year?  :x

OP in all seriousness sir   :salute the idiots run amuck.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 12:41:27 PM »
True application of pwnage doesn't need to be boasted about.  Midway knows not how to apply pwnage.

'nuff said. 

This is very true. :old:

An obvious moment(s) of weakness on my part. :frown:

I will now have to hush about said event(s) and leave this thread...
...so that true pwnage can be fully recognized as having been applied. :)

Nuff said indeed. :bolt: