Author Topic: A confession.  (Read 2202 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
A confession.
« on: November 15, 2013, 12:58:50 PM »
Well in about late 2008 early 2009 I started my first account here in AH and during then it was nothing more than just another flight sim to me. I didn't know anyone didn't have a squad or know what 200 was. I just flew around getting killed more than killing  :lol.

Well this day 4 years ago I lost my too close friends to a man one called their father and the other step father. I was in 9th grade. I often contemplated taking my own life because I didn't know what to do with the loss of my friends. The part was nobody knows why he did what he did.. W
Andy 41 Sean 26 me 30

What Aces High did to me was bring me to a place where I would forget about the real world behind me. In aces high I had no worries and I had lots of fun. Aces High also brought me to a group of awesome people who having the privilege to talking to and playing with is just awesome. When I was playing Aces High I was happy I didn't have bad thoughts. As I played more I joined squads and me always being the young one I had lots of learning. I matured fairly quick for young I was. I felt a sense of 'family' when flying with my squads (Rowdy Ones, The Few, Top Gun, and Blue Knights) that they would be there to talk and help me through anything!

I can't express how great of a community Aces High is.  :salute

Thank you Hitech Creations Crew, and everyone else who makes this game what it is today.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:14:26 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: A confession.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 01:05:30 PM »
 :O

:salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 01:06:57 PM »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 01:10:05 PM »
joachim,  I have been seeying for a while now, no other game no matter how pretty the graphics are can even attemt to simulate the level of camaraderie that goes in aces high.

there's always a friendly ear no matter who you are.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 01:14:36 PM »
joachim,  I have been seeying for a while now, no other game no matter how pretty the graphics are can even attemt to simulate the level of camaraderie that goes in aces high.

there's always a friendly ear no matter who you are.

semp
isn't that the truth.  :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »
they would be there to talk and help me through anything!

They will be.  Very important to remember that, especially during difficult times.

- oldman

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 01:52:15 PM »

Wow, Joachim.  I never would have guessed.

We rarely ever know the story behind the personalities here. Some knob slobberers here come to this game and talk watermelon to anyone and everyone for how they fly or behave without considering the possibility there are devastating problems affecting those people. Personal loss like yours, handicaps and age, young or old.

I think we have all been guilty of it at times but some of the more obnoxious personalities take it to an inexcusable extreme.

I'm glad you hung in there and glad you told your story Joachim. I think there is an extremely valuable reality check in it.

<SALUTE>   <--- biggest salute I've ever offered.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 01:59:17 PM »
Wow, Joachim.  I never would have guessed.

We rarely ever know the story behind the personalities here. Some knob slobberers here come to this game and talk watermelon to anyone and everyone for how they fly or behave without considering the possibility there are devastating problems affecting those people. Personal loss like yours, handicaps and age, young or old.

I think we have all been guilty of it at times but some of the more obnoxious personalities take it to an inexcusable extreme.

I'm glad you hung in there and glad you told your story Joachim. I think there is an extremely valuable reality check in it.

<SALUTE>   <--- biggest salute I've ever offered.

thanks and I totally agree everyone has a purpose.

<Salute>
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:10:05 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 02:01:54 PM »
Shut it jockym!

Wheres my $5000 gone!!!!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 02:07:52 PM »
Wow, Joachim.  I never would have guessed.

<SALUTE>   <--- biggest salute I've ever offered.

:O       :headscratch:

:frown:

:cry :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 02:19:48 PM »

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 02:29:40 PM »
Robbbbbieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeee

Top Gun

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
Here's the news story... sad stuff.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
Here's the news story... sad stuff.
:(

Sad thing is he showed me the gun just 2 weeks before because he knew I liked to go hunting and to the range once in a while and we talked about it. It was a 357 s&w. And the thing that broke me the most is that I knew where it was in the house. To think if I took it I could have stopped it.

FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 03:08:09 PM »
When my wife got cancer I talked to a few people on here, it brought me out of a spiral death trap - sadly I tried to get back to Aces but simply can't, I hope in the future I can.

Thanks again Del, Corky and the other 38 drivers I spoke with, especially 367th.

/as for my sticks, they are still packed up and I dunno if I will be back

JG 52