Author Topic: So what is the mentality behind ack running?  (Read 10458 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: So what is the mentality behind ack running?
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2015, 06:29:55 PM »
People tend not to realize or refuse to that it was done in real life by pilots of all sides.

And in real life the bullets had no friend or foe discrimination.

So where do you go from here with real life versus game life? Hitech could replace the 3D models for our planes with Pegasus, flying unicorns, small dragons and giant hummingbirds. I bet INK would quit no matter how realistic the physics environment was then.

This game is an approximation by Hitech of an environment. In the end, this post boils down to telling others the way they play the game makes them a coward. It allows the others not a member of said coward group to whine at the cowards for not making themselves available to be slaughtered.

As for you none cowards. Your lack of weaklings to club is your own fault. Live with the realities of wearing your crown. Most average players don't lay awake at night wishing they were you. If anything, to them you constitute a nuisance to them enjoying their game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2015, 06:30:25 PM »
this is a dogfighting game(among other things)

It's the "among other things" you seem to have a problem with.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2015, 07:31:53 PM »
Dogfighting tactics also dictate not to engage an opponent if at all possible from a disadvantaged position. Defensive BFM 101. That includes extending and running to fighter/ack cover.

+1 for AKAK, -1 for INK.

Sorry, just had to straighten you out. ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 07:55:01 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2015, 08:35:18 PM »
Ok then. I guess that about covers it. Everyone can go back to doing what "they" want to do. Enjoy!.....  :D  :aok

Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2015, 09:03:26 PM »
If you don't like it when guys reset the fight in the ack, blow up the ack!

I'll chase them through and blow up a gun pit or two on my way through. I get killed lots doing that though.

That said, I run into the ack when necessary.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2015, 09:17:38 PM »
Ok then. I guess that about covers it. Everyone can go back to doing what "they" want to do. Enjoy!.....  :D  :aok
HUZZAH! !
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2015, 11:18:49 PM »
Dogfighting tactics also dictate not to engage an opponent if at all possible from a disadvantaged position. Defensive BFM 101. That includes extending and running to fighter/ack cover.

But if everyone obeyed that simple rule, there would be no fighting and AH would go belly up real quick.  :old:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: June 09, 2015, 11:40:43 PM »
But, then many would quit after always being killed, because they like good little lambs, trotted out to the slaughter because our resident supermen have called them cowards.

The whining lamb slaughterers aside, if the lambs do not have any chance of being able to run away or find safe harbor. They will leave our silly game for a game that they believe gives them that chance. That is part of the problem with switching sides at will. Aside from side balancing and maintaining a sense of cohesion for war winners. Not allowing the lamb slaughterers free access to the lambs at will, keeps the lambs in the game. Even if they feel entitled to those lambs cartoon lives because, because, they are supermen of this Hitechian universe. And it's obvious they deserve these lesser mortals lives for all of their superiorness.

It's a species of un sportsman like conduct, the lamb slaughterers claiming victim status due to the lambs hiding in ack. After all, you lamb slaughterers are supposed to be our supermen, as many of you have inferred over the years while casting aspersion on all others not your equals.

I believe the seeds of intolerance has been described here.

Waaaa, Hitech make the badddd lambs let me slaughter them. They are hurting my pride.  I'm entitled because I'm a superman in your universe...... :cry
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: June 09, 2015, 11:48:49 PM »
Sometimes I think of what the Great Rev. Rodney King Jr said "Can't we all just get along"
See Rule #4

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: June 09, 2015, 11:56:32 PM »
Sometimes I think of what the Great Rev. Rodney King Jr said "Can't we all just get along"

You mean like everybody flies bish?
No gods or kings. Only Predator.