Author Topic: MA Off-peak is dying  (Read 14104 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: MA Off-peak is dying
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 09:00:54 PM »
Actually you guys are right. GVing and bombing are very important and a big aspect to the game. I understand where redd is coming from though. I hope we can have all sorts of players in the game, To make it ultimate!!!! So hopefully we can just get more people in the game. I think the maps are great from a realistic POV.  but without H2H close combat style game play the game may lack excitement as of now in the off hours
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 09:08:34 PM »
I vote that we all up A-20's and spend the off-hours bombing GV's into oblivion.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
It's not that I have anything against gvers I'm just advocating that players are somehow funneled into some sort
of engagement activity during times when there low numbers - im sure there is more than one way to do that - I like the closed
bases option as well

pretty sure gvers fly as well dont they
I come from a land downunder

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 09:19:59 PM »
+1
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »
Greebo's map shows this up badly, I have seen guys getting wtgs on 200 recently for landing kills in ships guns and manned guns  :rofl changing times it seems.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »
Make the Stuka Available at V Bases!

Historically Stuka were parked a "stones throw" from the GV's they were shooting? Introduce the air war at GV bases. Stuka can take off just like the little tard plane.

Only Seams Fair,

Edit: and while your at it give it the same view distances aswell!

Adequate runway?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2013, 10:46:19 PM »
It's not that I have anything against gvers I'm just advocating that players are somehow funneled into some sort
of engagement activity during times when there low numbers - im sure there is more than one way to do that - I like the closed
bases option as well

pretty sure gvers fly as well dont they
one thing I've found during my years in this game,, not everyone is an ace fighter pilot,, even with a lot of training some will never be great at it,, me for example,, I've adopted a style of fighting that is best suited to my ability and the planes I like to fly,,I'm not a great dog fighter ,, I do well in bombers and GVs,,I'm ok with that,,I've spent roughly 8 years driving tanks and bombing stuff into oblivian , I can get a good fighter score,, I love the jug, but it and my style will get me killed more times than not unless I stick to what I know and what I like, many GV guys don't fly at all,, yet play and contribute to the game a great deal.
At any time anyone can up a fighter or bomber and go fly towards the enemy,, but there are maps in rotation that lack more than a very few opertunities to GV,, and there are very GV freindly maps,,, but no consistency like the fighters have,, also I believe that the ability to rotate a map, at will ,,by one side or the other has created a problem,,
I'm not sure how to correct it, but I do believe the large horde is hurting player population.
I've played pretty much, all the time for 8 years, I've been part of the horde in mid war, and it is fun to win the map, if your on the winning side,, it's also fun to defend, if you have a chance of defeating the horde, right now the best way to defeat the horde seems to be resupply the town with M-3s as fast as you can,,, that's not combat,, and combat makes this game work...
 This all just my opinion,, I don't have stats to back up my theories, just my observations.
One solution might be to figure out a better way to defend,,,another ,make base capture easier so it doesn't take so much organization to get a capture,,, for me, it seemed that the maps lasted a lot longer when one person could kill and capture a town singlehanded ,, and one person could prevent it!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 10:56:58 PM »
I still think Medium sized maps should become the standard for all hours. Period.
:aok

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2013, 04:25:03 AM »
I still think Medium sized maps should become the standard for all hours. Period.

^^^
That! 250+ bases, 5:30AM EST time right now, 50 players online, 20 are afk, 15 are in flight, half of those are probably in gv/bombers at 30K/ or also afk. We do not need all these bases.  :(

Offline Redd

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2013, 05:39:26 AM »

^^^
That! 250+ bases, 5:30AM EST time right now, 50 players online, 20 are afk, 15 are in flight, half of those are probably in gv/bombers at 30K/ or also afk. We do not need all these bases.  :(

tonight was surprisingly active - probably had 6 engagements in 2-3 hours , that's furballing for off-peak
I come from a land downunder

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 05:48:09 AM »
I've got to agree it's often very boring to fly during the day in euro hours.  Even the evenings are bad sometimes, such as last night; almost 200 people were online and yet i couldn't find a fight for a2a which involved more than 3 or 4 people. I flew a sector and a half to the nearest base a couple of times to try and start a fight, and despite dropping ord on the town no-one upped- although one guy did man an 88mm.  IMO Ozkansas (and other large maps) effectively kills off gameplay for euro times, its too large and the bases are too far apart.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 06:37:08 AM »
Yesterday oz kansas.  Rolls take Tt effectively killing the short duration fight for most everyone. Many including myself log. Why? Size of the map. It was the only immediate collective thing they felt like doing.  Despite the fact that in doing so they killed the fight. Irony?

I joined another on line sim last night.

Ah has the best thing going. If this came was playable on an Xbox or ps, we would have big numbers. But, the gaming pc is a dying breed. Too expensive. So folks flood to consoles and their half baked eye candy laced games.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 06:39:13 AM »
Other ideas aside from smaller maps:

Increased advertising via History & Military channels.

Increase free trial to 3 weeks or add in more tutorials for the two weekers (possibly being implemented now)

Introductory rate of $9.95 for the 1st 3 months for new subs. (Not sure if "new subs" could be completely verified, to prevent present players from abusing this.

Chances are, HTC is well aware of declining revenues are taking steps to boost subscriptions, i.e. new graphic engine, "Playroom" films and perhaps a few goodies being kept under wraps.

Side note: ENY pisses off a lot of players. Pre-noon (EST) ENY for Bish can often be in the high 20's. Hitech & Skuzzy have repeatedly said that the present side balancing system is here to say but I fear it's driven away players. And yes, I know all the pro ENY arguments...just sayen.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 06:43:59 AM by Max »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 08:10:09 AM »
This is what is stopping me from really coming back to the game, lack of fights.
JG 52

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »
It's been hard watching Aces High, the game I love, die a slow and painfully obvious death. Meanwhile, simcade games like War Thunder, who can't even implement hat-switch views and fix rubber band controls are making a fortune.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:34:03 AM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."