Author Topic: Yea, we drive on the left  (Read 708 times)

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Yea, we drive on the left
« on: November 27, 2013, 04:37:43 AM »
I call this one "Late for a Tee Time".  I was.  The camera was charged and the GoPro attachments were already on the bike so I figured I'd take some footage of my trek up to the course.

Set to 1080p for better results:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5LrYPG2U28
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yea, we drive on the left
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:46:06 AM »
cool, what is that a 125 or a 250? Seemed pretty nippy
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 07:16:47 AM »
A little 125.  :)

Fun little thing to get around on, especially here because everyone rides one.  Sort of like everyone is dating fat chicks.  (Fun to ride but only until your friends find out)  LOL
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 08:48:28 AM »
What software did you use the put the clip together?
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 09:04:16 AM »
iMovie.  It has its limitations but it is very easy to throw a movie togther on it quickly.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 11:22:44 AM »
I like how you blow through the stop, but slow down for the cross walk at the GC.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
I like how you blow through the stop, but slow down for the cross walk at the GC.

That cross walk is also a speed bump. 

I only "blew through it" because there was nothing coming on that private road (my head moved to check, but not the camera obviously, it was fixed) and I was late.  You should see the Club's shuttle blow through those stops.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 11:53:10 AM »
Sweet!  :aok

Take it easy though Curval, don't forget what happened to Lawrence of Arabia.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »
If I'd been on that ride I guarantee that some moma talking to her kid would have pulled out in front of me.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
I ride with my left hand on the back brake at all times, not squeezing it but there just in case I need to stop suddenly.  The next move would be to grab the front brake immediately if it really was an emergency   Been riding here for many many years and had plenty of wipeouts and care is ALWAYS required.  Don't know if you noticed the bus near the end coming in the opposite direction?  You can't see them until they are there and if you happen to be passing a car or too close to the right side when they do appear...you are done.  I have seen some really really bad things happen on those roads.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2013, 04:25:45 PM »
Wouldn't you swap hands? Greater braking power with the front and whatnot? :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2013, 04:44:42 PM »
Wouldn't you swap hands? Greater braking power with the front and whatnot? :old:

lol

The front brake is on the right side.  It is grabbed as fast as possible, but there is the throttle on the right as well.  I can't control throttle and rest my hand on the brake at the same time while riding along because there is lots of throttle action on these tiny roads.  I can on the left and do, there is no clutch, it's automatic, so I ride with one hand resting on that brake lever is all I was saying.  It's marginal but helps.

I'm going to do another one on Harbour Road for some better scenery and will post it.  Thinking "Jesus Built My Hotrod" for that one. :rock

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »
looks like a fun little jaunt  :aok  speaking of braking and what not, when I built my chopper, I put a foot clutch on it.  It was a triumph so it shifted on the right, and throttle is on right also.  rear brake was on left, clutch on right foot.  I reversed the throttle to the left hand(so I could speed shift) :devil and left the front brake on the right handle grip.  wanna talk about confusing hahaha  especially those trick hill stops :lol

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 01:18:49 AM »
"if you drive on the left, you ain't right".
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2013, 07:46:02 AM »
lol

The front brake is on the right side.  It is grabbed as fast as possible, but there is the throttle on the right as well.  I can't control throttle and rest my hand on the brake at the same time while riding along because there is lots of throttle action on these tiny roads.  I can on the left and do, there is no clutch, it's automatic, so I ride with one hand resting on that brake lever is all I was saying.  It's marginal but helps.

I'm going to do another one on Harbour Road for some better scenery and will post it.  Thinking "Jesus Built My Hotrod" for that one. :rock

I was thinking you were on about pedal cycle when you mentioned your left hand coveringvthe brake. I ride exclusively with my left foot covering tge rear brake and first two fingers of my right hand rest on tge front brake lever. I have never struggled with throttle control when doing this:confused:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright