Author Topic: 51 wing fail.  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: 51 wing fail.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2013, 06:54:25 PM »
I am not trying to flame, I watched the film and saw the G's go to the indicators limit. I then gave myself a camera to watch the angle of how fast you pulled.

The notch of flaps combined with your speed and your control input looks like the most valid explanation for the ultra high G failure of your wings.
I see the same thing Dolby..but i know i moved my stick very very little in this,no hard pull and no blackout.
Thus why i thought this was a good question,not just i yanked my wings off.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2013, 07:46:33 PM »
I see the same thing Dolby..but i know i moved my stick very very little in this,no hard pull and no blackout.
Thus why i thought this was a good question,not just i yanked my wings off.

I havent viewed the film but I wonder if you stick might have had a spike and this caused the exsessive G's?

Not sure what joystick you use nut it's something to consider and easy enough to check out.

:salute

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »
Wow first time i herd that. <snip>

One thing I learned way back and was apparent every time a film was posted there was that Skuzzy and Mediafire go together just about as well as Skuzzy and mayonnaise. And Skuzzy HATES  mayonnaise.

Just my two cents though, found them on the floor today. Wont mention what floor, or where it was.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »

I haven't viewed the film but I wonder if you stick might have had a spike and this caused the excessive G's?

Not sure what joystick you use nut it's something to consider and easy enough to check out.

I use a microsoft sidewinder Morf never spikes,i am really anxious to see what Skuzzy says at this point. :salute

One thing I learned way back and was apparent every time a film was posted there was that Skuzzy and Mediafire go together just about as well as Skuzzy and mayonnaise. And Skuzzy HATES  mayonnaise.

Just my two cents though, found them on the floor today. Wont mention what floor, or where it was.
See i did not know this. In the 6 years i been playing i never felt the need to send much in. But..... now i know ,and i'll do as they ask. :aok
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:12:31 PM by Sunka »
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 12:04:48 AM »
 :rofl

I wrote nut when I meant but..... :o

Well good to know it's not the stick Sunka as I'm interested to see what caused the issue.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
I use a microsoft sidewinder Morf never spikes,i am really anxious to see what Skuzzy says at this point. :salute
 See i did not know this. In the 6 years i been playing i never felt the need to send much in. But..... now i know ,and i'll do as they ask. :aok

.....until it does! Thats when you call a stick starting to go bad. If you didn't yank it odds are pretty good the stick has an issue and gave the game the "yanking" input in error. If it was a game issue you would have heard many people complaining about the wings blowing off a pony. And for the record, I've blown the wings off twice in my years here..... so far  :devil

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 02:59:07 PM »
I did view the film and I think I was first to point out the G meter reading, but no matter what caused the wings to come off, I'm going to once again ask the question, why didn't the pilot in this aircraft blackout?  Or is the blackout not recorded in the film viewer?  I thought that the human factor was modeled into the game.   I know I've been blacked out by G's and was unable to make any control input changes until I came to.    That doesn't appear to happen in this film.   Anyone?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 03:35:37 PM »
Blackouts and redouts are not shown in the film viewer.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2013, 09:53:28 PM »
Blackouts and redouts are not shown in the film viewer.

But what is the assumed condition of the pilot?  If a pilot blacks out and slumps forward on the controls, that will effect the aircraft, what is assumed in the game, if I'm blacked out or red out and I continue to move my controls does that control movement have any effect on the aircraft?  I don't remember, but I thought as long as one was blacked out, the control movement had no effect??? anyone know for sure.  Because from watching the OP's film, you can see he makes three control movements, one is the nose down, negative G to almost -7, my contention is that the wings would have failed there,   his next control input is to nose up resulting in a 9+ G meter reading, and than adding a further nose up command the result is the wings come off.   So I'm guessing that if one moves the controls while blacked out that movement is translated in the flight model.  Anyone know for sure?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »
I'll have to get into the office to get the numbers, but I believe the pilot limits are +/-6G's.  Now, the effect is cumulative.  Short bursts to the limits does not cause complete blackout.  The more time outside the limits, the longer it takes the pilot to recover.

As to whether or not the inputs are ignored, once the pilot reaches full blackout, is something I will need to check in the office.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
from my experience once you are completely blackout...it ignores any input....although its been a long time since I got stuck in Blackout....