Author Topic: Rejoin in Flight bug with WEP  (Read 3301 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Rejoin in Flight bug with WEP
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 06:01:29 AM »
Takes less than a minute to rejoin.  I should not lose five minutes of WEP for that.
Absolutely.

Some planes depend heavily on their WEP. The Mossie VI on MIL power is like Godfather Merlon Brando, while with WEP engaged it turns into Robin Williams after 10 espresso shots. It is a precious resource that I manage carefully, and it is really that bad to lose the WEP. To really rub it in, the Mossie WEP takes 15 minutes to recharge - that is 1/3 use/cool ratio, the worst in the game.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 12:44:08 PM »
In that case, how about this: Some computers either take longer to rejoin or they have to undergo a more time consuming fixing procedure like a cold boot. In order to make every rejoiner to have equal chances to survive the disco regardless of their computer or the level of downfall, everyone will lose the WEP. Before anyone says anything about people having too weak computers for quality gaming, I'd like to remind that a disconnection can happen to anyone. Sometimes it will take a reboot of the modem to get the connection back which really isn't a performance issue. Just thinking, again.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 01:29:22 PM »
One of the coolest things to come along in 20 years is the feature that allows you to rejoin after a disco.  The wep thing does not bother me in the least.  Everyone gets it so it's fair across the boards so really, who cares?  Even if it thought of as a "penalty" for whatever reason, this penalty against an outright disco where you lose your plane, and then have to take the time to regain your original position is nothing.

Thanks again HTC, excellent feature.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 01:33:23 PM »

Not true for certain members of the Alchemist's.  They pull the plug to exploit the "no visible icon while disco'd" bug.

Bail or disco when engaged.  That's their motto.  Too many of their kind to make the game worth playing any more.

Can you see them do this while you are not flying sitting in a GV ?

Dude......................Rea lly?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »
All I am hearing are copouts and excuses as to why WEP disappears completely with zero consideration given to the circumstances involved.

If I am in WEP for five seconds, disco, and rejoin in a minute and a half I should not be out of WEP.   The punishment has to fit the crime.

People must be bloody desperate to game the game if this is considered a solution.

Unless I am in a 152 when I rejoin and WEP is gone I have to land and rearm to get it back.  The water ain't worth the well if this is the case.  Just disco back to tower and save me the bail or the time.

Yes, it is a nice feature, but you're penalizing the player indiscriminately.  I don't see the angle being exploited here by anyone...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
You can avoid the issue by not rejoining in flight. The game was not designed so you could rejoin in flight after discoing. It's not a choice to punish you. It's inherent in the game design. It seems likely it will be fixed when it's feasable to fix it. For now, as others have said, it's an improvement to be able to rejoin at all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:22:39 AM by FLS »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, 09:49:11 AM »
All I am hearing are copouts and excuses as to why WEP disappears completely with zero consideration given to the circumstances involved.

If I am in WEP for five seconds, disco, and rejoin in a minute and a half I should not be out of WEP.   The punishment has to fit the crime.

People must be bloody desperate to game the game if this is considered a solution.

Unless I am in a 152 when I rejoin and WEP is gone I have to land and rearm to get it back.  The water ain't worth the well if this is the case.  Just disco back to tower and save me the bail or the time.

Yes, it is a nice feature, but you're penalizing the player indiscriminately.  I don't see the angle being exploited here by anyone...

this is why.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,338868.msg4469420.html#msg4469420

Learn to live with it like the rest of us do.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 10:34:48 AM »
You can avoid the issue by not rejoining in flight. The game was not designed so you could rejoin in flight after discoing. It's not a choice to punish you. It's inherent in the game design. It seems likely it will be fixed when it's feasable to fix it. For now, as others have said, it's an improvement to be able to rejoin at all.

How is it not an option?   Guess I missed that one.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2014, 10:39:57 AM »
this is why.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,338868.msg4469420.html#msg4469420

Learn to live with it like the rest of us do.

No.  I am a paying customer and I have a right to express my dissatisfaction with this aspect of the product.

It is a copout, in my view, unless you are saying according to hitech's small blurb there that it is unfeasible, in which case, I understand, though I still can't understand why programming doesn't fix it.

That said, yes, it is a great feature in many respects.   I am sure it will evo
Be and improve over time.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »
The point is it was intended that way and Hitech has his reasons for doing so. Much like that Brewster is modeled a certain way and whether you like it or not that how it's going to be because Hitech has his reasons (it is the data they chose to use ) for doing it that way.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2014, 11:35:14 AM »
The point is it was intended that way and Hitech has his reasons for doing so. Much like that Brewster is modeled a certain way and whether you like it or not that how it's going to be because Hitech has his reasons (it is the data they chose to use ) for doing it that way.

And my point is, along with others here, it makes no sense.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2014, 11:46:53 AM »
And my point is, along with others here, it makes no sense.

It does to the owner and designer of the game.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2014, 12:37:15 PM »
It does to the owner and designer of the game.

That's what they said about Bill Stealey all the time, too.  We see where he is now, don't we?   The customers are what matter.  Ignore their complaints at your peril because they'll put you out of business.

Your response is ridiculous in the extreme.  Reminds me of, "I know you are but what am I?" or "Yo' mamma."    :salute
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:39:23 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »

That's what they said about Bill Stealey all the time, too.  We see where he is now, don't we?  

That could be why Hitech split from him and has managed to run a company with a niche market for more than 13 years.

The customers are what matter.  Ignore their complaints at your peril because they'll put you out of business.

Your response is ridiculous in the extreme.  Reminds me of, "I know you are but what am I?" or "Yo' mamma."    :salute

And Hitech is fond of saying something along the lines that customers don't KNOW what they. He may ignore "what the customers want" as you say, but he seems to be doing ok in such a small market.

Personally I'd like to know your reason for why you think it is so important to have WEP when you get back from a boot.  Heck most of us are just happy to be flying when we get back from a boot. You have been booted twice in the last 3 months of your time in the game (I would have gone back 6 months but you've only been playing for the 3) Again, whats the urgency to have WEP?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
How is it not an option?   Guess I missed that one.

I don't know why it's not an option. Doesn't it seem likely that it would be an option if it didn't create problems?

You've made your point and everyone agrees that it would be nice to have the remaining WEP after rejoining in flight.