Author Topic: Change port layout  (Read 991 times)

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Change port layout
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2013, 01:31:25 PM »
No, not true. Many times ports are attacked by a relative handful, specifically because its a port. Their offensive value is severely limited, and thus they are less attractive targets for the horde, who want to take a maximum number of bases in the shortest span of time, with the least risk to any of their cartoon pilots. From what I've seen more ports are successfully defended than are taken.
 Debatable, but thats neither here nor there.

No, you meant to say players. Dr 7, who is emphatically not a pilot, is just as valuable to HTC. The same holds true for EVERY person in the game who pays their $15 a month, regardless of what they do.

You forgot to try and poke holes in the fact that it would in no way, shape, or form, harm GVers since I haven't even included a can opener in the list of aircraft. Maybe some of the listed aircraft could turret an M18/M8 or track a tank but that's about it. I can't see a single reason not to do this.

I can on the other hand see plenty of reasons why we don't need puffy on wheels..
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »
Shore batteries with more overlap in fields of fire

Nothing makes me more mad than to have a fleet off the shore (with up to 3 shore batteries) and not ONE of them is useful!

Personally, I think shore batteries should have an angle on their own base (for troops/anti-gv).    Or at least give them a bigger angle, or something.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline flubiu

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2013, 11:40:55 AM »
MW planes, dirt field. Awesome idea! Depending on the map, ports are currently way too easy to take in relation to their strategic importance.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
+1 OP

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
Havent gone throug all of the posts in this thread but thought I'd toss in that at least some of the manned guns and guns in general should be on the ships at the port themselves
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
Havent gone throug all of the posts in this thread but thought I'd toss in that at least some of the manned guns and guns in general should be on the ships at the port themselves

If not manned guns, at least some AI guns on the ships in port.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song