Author Topic: B-17G  (Read 4994 times)

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
Re: B-17G
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 10:38:33 PM »
Removed in the field late in the war.  Reduced the crew and weight of the aircraft.

Hmmm.  Never heard of that, would like to see some documentation.  They did reduce the crew to 9 later on, IIRC the radio operator would man one of the waist guns.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 12:00:43 AM »
Hmmm.  Never heard of that, would like to see some documentation.  They did reduce the crew to 9 later on, IIRC the radio operator would man one of the waist guns.

You mean you didn't read post #13?

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 12:31:23 AM »
I was replying to Karnak's statement:

and in a later version of the G than we have the waist gunners and guns were removed.

Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"