Author Topic: Anyone else having issues  (Read 1502 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Anyone else having issues
« on: December 13, 2013, 10:45:59 PM »
I am getting this sort of thing far to frequently these days.  Up a 163 get multiple 30mm hits on the bombers but they dont go down.
I hit this lead bomber twice with multiple rakes up the fuselage and all I inflicted on him was a fuel leak.

Anyone else having same problems?

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:48:18 PM by NikonGuy »
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Anyone else having issues
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 11:07:54 PM »
Well a few days ago 1 50 cal took the tail off my b29 so it goes around around.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 01:44:23 AM »
Last few days I've had an incident when I hit a SeaHurri in the tail with a 30mm and didn't kill him. Normally I'd just destroy one of his stabs with this kind of shot, but he took no physical damage that I could see. Then yesterday I hit an Il2 with 3 30mm's and he flew off with no damage. I know Il2's are tough but just how tough!?? Then I shoot up a G4M getting several 30mm hits on the underside fuselage and only get a fuel leak. Made another pass getting a few more 30mm hits and another fuel leak. Third pass, same result, few 30mm hits and yet another fuel leak. I think I got every one of his fuel tanks leaking before he burned.

I did have massive lag issues all week so I just chalked these situations up to patch loss and internet lag.

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 01:54:06 AM »
Maybe its a coincidence, but i had same problem with B-17s while in my 152, using the 30mm yesterday.

I had to do 4 passes instead of 2, 17s seemed to have doubled their armor against the Mk108... :eek:

I am getting this sort of thing far to frequently these days.  Up a 163 get multiple 30mm hits on the bombers but they dont go down.
I hit this lead bomber twice with multiple rakes up the fuselage and all I inflicted on him was a fuel leak.

(Image removed from quote.)

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 02:01:36 AM »
last couple of days the internet has been hit heavy with snow in the texas region.  I have seen tails fall off airplanes after getting hit and the airplane keep flying as if it was normal.

it happens every time the damn texans get snow.  they should move to a warmer part of the country :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 06:03:53 AM »
Last night I had my wing taken off my Hurrie by tracer shot from a wirb that was no where near me. It was at least three or four wing spans away from my plane and tracking in the wrong direction.
But to balance that out. 0KIE tried to ram me. He did, but his P38 took all the damage.  :joystick:

To be honest though, I think all this "lack of damage" on bombers is bringing the birds closer to reality.  The buffs in AH are too fragile.
I think people in AH are too accustomed to unrealistic, easy, "one shot, one kill" deals.  I for one welcome a tougher to kill bomber.

The next step is to make the 50cal round more deadly.  They're like beebs in game.  Especially when in turrets of bombers.  I should not be able to empty 200 rounds of 50cal into a spitty and see it completely undamaged!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:26:42 AM by bmused55 »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 07:04:50 AM »
If you fail to hit anything critical in the plane then the damage is minimal.  If you think you hit something critical and the plane did not suffer the damage you thought it should have, then send us the film and we can put it through the debugger to see what was hit.

Running your guns up and down the fuselage is less likely to hit something critical in the plane than hitting the wings or cockpit.

There is nothing magical or mysterious about damage.  It is quite consistent, as computers tend to reproduce the same results, from the same inputs, every single time.  Sometimes you just miss hitting critical internal parts.

We can speculate about this all day long.  A film contains the definitive data.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:07:28 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2013, 07:20:31 AM »
@Bmused : u joking, right ?

The Bombers turrets are extremely powerfull, and the .50 of a P47 ripped my 152 at 1000m today with a 2 sec shot.
--------------------------
For the 30mm, i just had the same weird thing happening : no lag reported (checked it) and 20+ x 30mm shots with a
good fire angle made only an engine white smoke against a B17. I saw the impacts on bomber cellule, wasnt near miss considering it was a clean rear shooting.

In fact, i ran out of 30 mm and the 20mm did more dmg (and visible) to them.

Never had these problems before yesterday.

I dunno if thats lag or something, but its recent for me...

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 07:32:06 AM »
I raked a Lanc's wing the other day with 5-10 hit sprites with an LA7's 3-20mm's. The Lanc was low and slow and no damage showed. Another pilot swooped in killed the same Lanc and all I got was an assist.

The same day I shot a wing off a Spit and all I got was an assist. Grant it the Spit probably had took hits before a swooped in.

I have also experienced shooting bombers with 163's with less damage over the last few months.

I have also shot 6-50's into a bombers engine with multiple hits at less then 50 yards without damage. There can be no way a bomber engine can take 10-20 rounds in an engine without hitting a oil or fuel line. Meanwhile I hear 2 pings on my single engine fighter and my engine cuts off.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:37:04 AM by smoe »

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »
Anytime the speed of the modeling on your PC changes the damage/hit model for that fraction of a second changes.  If the information speed arrival to do the damage model on your pc is slowed enough to slow the calculation on your pc then the damage/hit model would be skewed.  The closer you get the greater the error although still tiny.  I think our game play compensates for this tiny error  until the tiny fraction of a second size changes.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
We all realize we are not flying planes, we are flying equations and algorithms.  The speculation about how they work in AH are throughout the forums with many urban legends thrown in.  Skuzzy, could you post a topic "How AH computes damage from projectile and collision impacts" with as much detail as possible without giving away trade secrets and pin it to the top of one of the forums?  What calculations are performed on the player computer, how the server interacts, actual equations if possible, possible errors from missing packets, etc.  It won't stop the discussion nor should it, but we would have a reference to refer to when trying to determine why things happen in the game.  I strongly suspect what we have is the best possible solution to a complex problem that will occasionally produce erroneous results.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 09:11:23 AM by mustng2 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 09:40:30 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Yes I have this problem all the time. I understand how it works so while I complain about it often I know HTC can do nothing to fix it. I'm smart enough to know that my aim sucks and that's that.

While the game is " flying equations and algorithms" as Mustng2 says and as Skuzzy said, "as computers tend to reproduce the same results, from the same inputs, every single time" we as humans are not. If there is a way to screw it up, we WILL!

Just chock it up to a bad day and move on.

Anytime the speed of the modeling on your PC changes the damage/hit model for that fraction of a second changes.  If the information speed arrival to do the damage model on your pc is slowed enough to slow the calculation on your pc then the damage/hit model would be skewed.  The closer you get the greater the error although still tiny.  I think our game play compensates for this tiny error  until the tiny fraction of a second size changes.

I don't think you know what your talking about. Heck I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you typed.

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2013, 12:11:11 PM »
I don't think you know what your talking about. Heck I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you typed.
You ought to think outside the box! Since I have to struggle with every comment here to understand them, because of being a non-English speaker, that one made no difference. At least it was spelled correctly according to what I've been taught.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 12:51:36 PM »

Service ceiling  means an aircraft's density altitude at which its maximum rate of climb is lower or equal to 100 feet per minute. The absolute ceiling is the highest altitude at which the aircraft can maintain level flight.

Yesterday I took a 262 up to just about 37K   it took almost an hour.  I was chasing a group of B17's ,   My question is, how is it that the B17's were at 36K.  Something wrong with that.  From everything I have been able to read the service ceiling for the B17 was almost 35K, but not above it.  Yet in AH the 17/s appear to be able to fly above their service ceiling.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »

Service ceiling  means an aircraft's density altitude at which its maximum rate of climb is lower or equal to 100 feet per minute. The absolute ceiling is the highest altitude at which the aircraft can maintain level flight.

Yesterday I took a 262 up to just about 37K   it took almost an hour.  I was chasing a group of B17's ,   My question is, how is it that the B17's were at 36K.  Something wrong with that.  From everything I have been able to read the service ceiling for the B17 was almost 35K, but not above it.  Yet in AH the 17/s appear to be able to fly above their service ceiling.

...and what does this have to do with aim and lack of damage from the 30mm?

me thinkist you may have posted in the wrong thread good sir.  :D