Author Topic: Star Wars Attack Squadron  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Star Wars Attack Squadron
« on: December 18, 2013, 01:41:54 PM »
http://www.starwarsattacksquadrons.com/

Interesting.  As someone who still considers the original TIE Fighter as one of the greatest games ever I am excited. 

Hopefully it will not be flown external only (F3 mode)...

Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: Star Wars Attack Squadron
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »
The "ship customization" bit worries me. :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 01:51:01 PM »
The "ship customization" bit worries me. :noid

Yup.  I can see it now...a TIE cockpit with S-foils.  Woo who.  Way to add the fun there, Disney.   :confused:

Why can't these big companies just leave well enough alone?!?!

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 01:57:01 PM »
Yup.  I can see it now...a TIE cockpit with S-foils.  Woo who.  Way to add the fun there, Disney.   :confused:

You never heard of Uglies? That's a Chir'daki (Twi'lek fighter). Other common ones are the TYE-Wing (TIE hull with Y-wing engines) and X-TIE (X-wing fuselage with a TIE's radiator panels).

Problem is, it sounds like it's NOT an X-Wing game. It's War Thunder with a Star Wars setting.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:59:39 PM by Saxman »
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »
You never heard of Uglies? That's a Chir'daki (Twi'lek fighter). Other common ones are the TYE-Wing (TIE hull with Y-wing engines) and X-TIE (X-wing fuselage with a TIE's radiator panels).

Problem is, it sounds like it's NOT an X-Wing game. It's War Thunder with a Star Wars setting.

Yeah...I've seen the drawings from the non-canon / extended universe stuff.  Some of it is good, some (like the X-TIE) not so much.

And yeah...Star Wars Thunder would suck as bad as plain old War Thunder.

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »
Very little hope of an actual Cockpit style Star Wars sim any time soon...  It would be cool to have X-Wing or Tie Fighter be online like AH though.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
The sad thing is, LucasArts was getting hounded for YEARS after X-Wing: Alliance to make another X-Wing game. So much for giving the people what they want.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 02:58:05 PM »
The sad thing is, LucasArts was getting hounded for YEARS after X-Wing: Alliance to make another X-Wing game. So much for giving the people what they want.

This is true.  LucasArts NEVER gave us what we really wanted..  only several stupid versions of jedi academy.  Dark Forces and X-Wing were all I ever really enjoyed from them. Weeeell Battlefronts on xbox, but only a little.  Maybe it'll turn out to be a good thing that LucasArts is no more and Disney's running things.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »

X-wing Tie fighter (Don't forget "balance of power) had a nice tutorial in the beginning to get you up to speed. Uh Um HTC you listening?

I cried when I reached the end and destroyed the Superstar Destroyer.  :ahand

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 03:45:58 PM »
The Maze in the original X-Wing may be one of the best tutorials ever. Throws you right into it, no hints, easy enough when you first start but getting more and more hectic as the number of guns increase with each "lap" you complete.

Now, I'm going to go curl up in a corner and cry at my memories of the Redemption mission.

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 04:06:16 PM »
I want a modernized version of Rebellion, which I still sometimes play by the way, even though its 14 years old.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »
The Maze in the original X-Wing may be one of the best tutorials ever. Throws you right into it, no hints, easy enough when you first start but getting more and more hectic as the number of guns increase with each "lap" you complete.

Now, I'm going to go curl up in a corner and cry at my memories of the Redemption mission.

The Maze was fun in the Y-Wing. :)

I found the Redemption mission a blessing compared to the other one I encountered.  I honestly forgot the name of it and when it was done, but it was the one where you had to destroy a Nebulon B with just yourself, in a A-Wing, all the while trying to prevent it from destroying all the cargo containers and being attacked by TIE Interceptors (I THINK it was Interceptors).  Where 8 out of the 10 times it would exit hyperspace in the MIDDLE of all the containers. :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bigsky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 05:33:44 PM »
"I am moist like bacon"

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."