Author Topic: Disco'd more times that I care to discuss  (Read 484 times)

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
Disco'd more times that I care to discuss
« on: December 21, 2013, 06:17:59 AM »
Is there something going on somewhere? Last week I disco'd once... last night (20 Dec), I couldn't stay on for longer than 5 minutes. Last night, pingplotter showed 1x 20% packet loss and 2x 100% packet loss.. this morning, it shows 1x 100% packet loss.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Disco'd more times that I care to discuss
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 06:22:54 AM »
The sample does not contain data.  It shows no reason for a disco, related to the Internet.  You need to run Ping Plotter a bit longer and immediately after a disco.

If you are running Norton or McAfee, I have a lot of reports showing they are interfering with the game data.

The next to last router showing 100% packet loss is normal. That router is ignoring the ICMP ECHO message.  It will always show 100% packet loss in Ping Plotter.

As a side note, the Internet is a mess in the U.S. due to the ice storm that raged across the country last week.  Hundreds of thousands of miles of telecommunications lines have been downed.  It will impact everyone, at one point or another.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 10:07:38 AM »
Thanks Skuzzy. I will log on tonight, with fingers crossed, and will see if anything is better. I did shut down my firewall last night to see if it would help.. no dice. Since I bought this new box, I never had to shut anything down to play with perfect FR with all settings set at max (in the game). Last night was a horrible mess. I'm hoping the real reason is what you suggested, the ice storm. Lastly, what advice do you have for those who are stuck with Windows 8. I cannot play my other games like Company of Heros now.. is there an easy fix or am I stuck?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
Personally, I would not buy a computer I could not get Windows 7 on.  Not sure what to tell you on that one.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 09:00:12 PM »
Ok.. this is getting REALLY old.. everything worked fine Saturday night.. and tonight (Monday) disco central. Was doing good for about an hour and then everything fell apart. What is really going on here?  :bhead I'm almost at the 10th year playing and I've never had this many problems all at once..  :furious  Yea.. I'm a tad ticked right now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 06:43:04 AM »
Did you try running Ping Plotter, immediately after a disco and see if it is Internet related?

The simple fact of the matter is there are literally millions of miles of telecommunications lines down due to the recent ice storms.  The Internet is a mess and will continue to be a mess as the damage is repaired.

This does not mean it is the absolute reason for your problem, but without Ping Plotter charts, it is impossible to start looking for what the issue may be.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 07:18:54 PM »
I understand the issue with the storms.. but today, I disco'd 5 times.. Got a great box and I disable the firewall and I still get crap. I get awesome FR.. just disco out of nowhere.. I cant understand where the issue is.. 10 years playing.. the last 30 days have been hell..

Offline 101ABN

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »
disco'd 13 times tonight.. had the same box for a year now... no problems until Dec.. what is going on? Game is no longer fun because of this.. I know.. I know.. its my box.. my firewall ... my something... This is getting OLD!!! Guess my old butt has to go somewhere else..

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 08:33:03 PM »
IT IS NOT YOU !!!! It is the internet! The lines, fiber, cable and all connectivity across the US is in shambles in some areas. If your trip to HTC servers runs through one or more of these spots you can and WILL lose connections. There is nothing YOU can do, there is nothing HTC can do and in most cases there is nothing you ISP can do. It will just take time for it to be repaired.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 04:38:06 AM »
Not only is the US affected, the western parts of Europe was hit quite heavily around Christmas, causing damage to the infrastructure. Storms come and go, but rebuilding may take even years. As an example, after eight years New Orleans still hasn't reached the pre-Katrina level.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni