Author Topic: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014  (Read 4282 times)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2014, 02:47:30 PM »
The A6M3 and A6M5 both out climb and out accelerate the Brewster by wide margins.  This is why nobody who thinks about stuff instead of going on what they feel takes any of the whines about the Brewster seriously.  The people who whine about it blatantly and repeatedly exaggerate its capabilities.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

The A6M2 is slightly better above 5000ft, but fairly parable to the Brewster overall.
(Image removed from quote.)

And just for fun, the Ki-43-II vs Brewster:
(Image removed from quote.)

The A6M2 and Ki-43-II both handily out turn the Brewster.  The Brewster narrowly out turns the A6M5b.  Not sure about the A6M3.

I was talking about vert climb rate as in going straight up or spiral climbing. I know from years of experience how these planes fly. BTW, the Brewster almost weighs twice as much. The Brewster can out dive or dive on most planes. The a6m cannot. The Brewster is a much better and easier plane to fly than than the a6m in aceshigh.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2014, 02:50:33 PM »
Without ever having taken a Brewster from 20k to the deck, I'd be shocked if it compressed at an equal or lower speed than the 38.  Starting early enough, using a shallow dive to get a away from a Brewster doesn't mean your plane dives better, it means your SA was better than his positional advantage.    

I don't think the Brewster is some super climber, but it seems to zoom well while hiding it's energy better than a lot of planes.  Whether that has something to do with it's modeling, shape, or the fact we know in our heads the Brewster is supposed to be slow, it seems to be the plane people misjudge E states of the most.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2014, 03:05:32 PM »
How ca any one consider a K4 to be a "newb" plane?

It can't dive, it has a small ammo load out with  hard to hit guns, it can turn well only if you really know what you are doing. It will lose to any vet stick in a nik, ki84, spit, f6f, f4u, and so on. You don't see it out run many p51s, typhs, or 190s,         

Its a fun plane to fly but by no means is it even close to being a "newb" ride

Actually I strongly consider most newb players to learn the N1K. It is a great all around fighter with awesome cannons and a bunch of them. Turns and dives great. Only bad thing about it is it is kinda slow so you cant run away, which again is great for newbs who want to learn how to fight.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2014, 03:08:16 PM »
Without ever having taken a Brewster from 20k to the deck, I'd be shocked if it compressed at an equal or lower speed than the 38.  Starting early enough, using a shallow dive to get a away from a Brewster doesn't mean your plane dives better, it means your SA was better than his positional advantage.    

I don't think the Brewster is some super climber, but it seems to zoom well while hiding it's energy better than a lot of planes.  Whether that has something to do with it's modeling, shape, or the fact we know in our heads the Brewster is supposed to be slow, it seems to be the plane people misjudge E states of the most.

The reason AKAK was in a shallow dive was so his plane experiences less drag over the long run, thats why he escaped.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »

I think that hits the nail on the head with the brew. It looks like it is going slow but somehow  manages to hold E flawlessly
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 03:13:03 PM »
In all actuality the spit16, f4u4, F4u1c, and temp are the newb easiest planes to fly and get kills in the game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2014, 03:15:41 PM »
You supported the Karnak zeke paradox.  His claim or yours that it isn't a scavenger is self-serving but not accurate.
Changeup,

What do you fly and how do you fly it?

If you fly a fast aircraft smartly and do not yourself spend significant time in things like the A6M then what you see, A6Ms and such only being scavengers, is more due to how you fly and how they relate to your flying than a representation of the full range of fights they have.  You're making blanket statements based on your personal experience when your experience is narrow.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:48 PM »
I think that hits the nail on the head with the brew. It looks like it is going slow but somehow  manages to hold E flawlessly
It drains E like a stuck pig in comparison to the Fw190D-9, power on and power off, in actual comparison tests.  It is horrible at holding E.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 03:17:53 PM »
The reason AKAK was in a shallow dive was so his plane experiences less drag over the long run, thats why he escaped.

The shallow dive in that situation was best because it forced the Brewster to give up more of his advantage than he should have, which allowed him to equalize E states and rope him with a superior climbing plane.  That doesn't mean the Brewster can't out dive the 38, it just means AKAK was smarter and more aware than the Brewster pilot.  
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2014, 03:21:58 PM »
It drains E like a stuck pig in comparison to the Fw190D-9, power on and power off, in actual comparison tests.  It is horrible at holding E.

It doesn't have to hold it's E better than a D9.  All it has to do is hold it's E better than you think it can, which it seems to do a lot.

-AoM-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
The shallow dive in that situation was best because it forced the Brewster to give up more of his advantage than he should have, which allowed him to equalize E states and rope him with a superior climbing plane.  That doesn't mean the Brewster can't out dive the 38, it just means AKAK was smarter and more aware than the Brewster pilot.  

Do the tests yourself and you'll see that the supposed B-239's diving ability is nothing more than another AH myth.  The only time a B-239 is deadly in a 1v1 fight is if you're stupid enough to get into a flat turn fight with one.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2014, 03:31:52 PM »
noob or dweeb?

Noob - Spit16
Dweeb - p51, LA7, 190d9, Tempest

Do the tests yourself and you'll see that the supposed B-239's diving ability is nothing more than another AH myth.  The only time a B-239 is deadly in a 1v1 fight is if you're stupid enough to get into a flat turn fight with one.

ack-ack

That pretty much sums it up.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:35:04 PM by whiteman »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
spit16....does everything great...most responsive of all planes
Ki84....is tougher then a sherman tank.....and does all great except dive but is still fast enough to get away.
spit9/8....very responsive...great climb...easy recovery...weak though....
temp....speed = life...try to Tnb in it though its a whole new ball game....
P51...if used in the Bnz roll only...if used to TnB becomes very much a NON noob ride.....
Hurri2C...slow so you must fight...but extremely deadly...Best guns in game....if it was faster it would be up around #1
A6m's....way to easy to catch fire.....but turns awesome...good SA and you can kill the best..(I love killing 262 in it :-)
P47's...used only in BnZ mode.....TnB again she is way to heavy to turn with the true fighters.

brew is to slow to be on the list.

but any plane can be a Noob ride to someone who knows that plane.....to AKAK the 38 is a noob ride...to a noob the 38 is anything but a noob ride......

the K4 is not a noob ride in general until you get good with the tater.....
I don't think any of the 109's are "noob" rides...the views suck..the guns arnt great except the obvious 30mm which is not an easy gun to land with......hard stalls....gets heavy at the controls at high speeds....
once known the 262 is the deadliest plane there is.....

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2014, 04:00:53 PM »

ack-ack

I probably will if I get bored enough.  I would expect the 38 to accelerate faster in the dive, but compress long before the Brewster does.  

-AoM-

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2014, 04:30:35 PM »
When I was a noob I flew the k4 in aw and the g10 in ah because all one has to do is dive up, stay above your target all day, rope a dope and bnz. Most noobs go through a 109 phase at about the 1 year mark when they learn to fight in the vertical, that's why we see so many in k4s in AH now. And with the 30mm cannon you don't have to worry about dogfighting and saddling up. As far as diving, if someone is diving away from you you've already won, he's retreating and ceding the airspace.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck