Author Topic: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014  (Read 4284 times)

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
Most noobs go through a 109 phase at about the 1 year mark

:rofl

How sure are you of that?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2014, 05:29:55 PM »
Of all these easy mode rides, during a spiral climb. Which is the best and most forgiving for the newb to keep his nose up longest to hail Mary hose the vet trying to stall him out. I leave strategies for the evasive recovery to the trainers, DA practitioners and the new player.

The A6m, Ki43 and Brewster in the hands of vets have been very successful in defeating this tactic and the recovery. But, I'm asking for the new kids when they first catch on they are being setup by other players to become targets with the spiral climb, and begin thinking about how to win from the bottom. Which one is going to be the kindest at the beginning of their attempt's to defeat the spiral climb with a long nose up hosing at the vet before they stall out? Everyone goes through this stage. Some a shorter time than others.

Sometimes they have E going into it like a big furball between two bases, sometimes like during a CV attack everyone is 3k and below.

I know, don't be there in the first place at the bottom of the spiral climb. Still, every newbie reaches this stage as a rite of passage for playing Aces High and pads vets kill strings over and over every day. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 05:34:12 PM »
Using Ranger's bombrang offline map,  dropping from his N airspawn (15k) to the deck,  the 38J is in full on locked up compression in the low 400`s IAS.   The Brewster just starts to make noise at the 460 mark and has enough authority left to not auger.

What did I do wrong?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
:rofl

How sure are you of that?
Well maybe through was the wrong word.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2014, 06:04:24 PM »
Well maybe through was the wrong word.
Got into the 109 phase after 2 weeks of Spit16 and 2 months of La7. My ride of choice was the G6. Wasnt rope-a-doping in it.
Oddly enough, after 3 years, found something else. Dancing with her is extremely difficult, yet so satisfying.
Over 99% of the population will never understand this kind of insane thinking.
Deliberately addressed this to one certain celebrated spitdweeb.
Bragging over false awesomeness is all he can do.
I can only pity him.
End.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 06:07:39 PM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2014, 06:11:33 PM »
If the B-239 is incapable of matching the P-38 (any of the Lightnings in this game), how can one expect the B-239 to match the P-51D or P-47 in a dive?  The simple answer is it can't.  I had a B-239 bounce me with over a 5k alt advantage, I went into a shallow dive and watched as I maintained my lead over the B-239 and slightly increased my dive to build more seperation as he dove steeper and steeper in a vain attempt to catch me.  Then he made the mistake to try and catch me in the vertical when I pulled into a zoom climb and easily roped him when he stalled out.

ack-ack

I wasn't talking about the 51 having much alt....I was referencing the scavengerish behavior.

38 on the deck or 3K or less after a pass..........a Brewster with 5K alt advantage will catch you dood.  I've seen it too many times.  But I would like a film of your encounter...for the sake of humor.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »
Changeup,

What do you fly and how do you fly it?

If you fly a fast aircraft smartly and do not yourself spend significant time in things like the A6M then what you see, A6Ms and such only being scavengers, is more due to how you fly and how they relate to your flying than a representation of the full range of fights they have.  You're making blanket statements based on your personal experience when your experience is narrow.

But wait?  You said you've caught lots of 51's in your zeke.  That's what we're arguing...that the DOMINANT way zekes in the MA get 95% of their kills.  You said I wasn't correct.  You said your kills in a zeke were obtained by not having others slow the faster plane down (do I need to quote you on this or can you look back one page?) Now you're telling me not to slow down cuz that would be dumb...against you in a zeke, apparently I should just avoid you!  I get keeled going fast or slow!!! LMAO!

You don't know me.  The only thing that's narrow in here is your opinion and your head.  Get in a zeke, send me a PM and well see if you can kill me without me getting slow.  You said you could.  You said you've done it many many times.  I think you're full of BS.  Hell, I'm even willing to watch thousands of your zeke-kills-faster-plane videos while the faster plane stays fast if you have any of them.

Geezus...this guy is funny.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2014, 06:21:05 PM »
I guess an intellegent discussion bereft of personal attacks was a bit to much to hope for.   :(
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
Using Ranger's bombrang offline map,  dropping from his N airspawn (15k) to the deck,  the 38J is in full on locked up compression in the low 400`s IAS.   The Brewster just starts to make noise at the 460 mark and has enough authority left to not auger.

What did I do wrong?

Nothing.  You are correct.  I just did it too with the same results.  Someone doesn't know as much as they think they do

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2014, 06:22:44 PM »
I guess an intellegent discussion bereft of personal attacks was a bit to much to hope for.   :(

Surely you didn't think this topic for the 1,344,589th time would go smoothly did you?  But your snarky sarcasm is ok though,lmao!! 

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2014, 06:24:11 PM »
Surely you didn't think this topic for the 1,344,589th time would go smoothly did you?  That would be dumb (token personal attack)

One can always hope. It was doing quite well for a while.  Oh well.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2014, 06:25:41 PM »
I used to enjoy flying the brew because I was on a break from the game when it was added, however I never found a 38 I couldn't match / out do in a dive. I felt comfortable putting the brew 450+ often, knowing I had ease of control still.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2014, 06:30:29 PM »
I used to enjoy flying the brew because I was on a break from the game when it was added, however I never found a 38 I couldn't match / out do in a dive. I felt comfortable putting the brew 450+ often, knowing I had ease of control still.

I've had brews stay with me in a dive while flying many different plane types, both in the DA and MA.  That being said, in general I normally don't have problems with Brews...as others have stated, don't turn with it, go virt and it's just a matter of time.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:04:31 PM by Fulcrum »

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2014, 06:33:34 PM »
Agreed, also LWMA brewsters tend to be flown for close fights, I can't remember the last time I found a brewster better then 10k. I know they are out there, I just never see them lol.

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2014, 06:42:09 PM »
Agreed, also LWMA brewsters tend to be flown for close fights, I can't remember the last time I found a brewster better then 10k. I know they are out there, I just never see them lol.

Saw one above me a last week at what looked like 18 to 20K.  I remember thinking to myself "What the heck are you doing up there, little fella?"  :lol