Author Topic: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014  (Read 4285 times)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
Re: Community Opinion Poll: "Easy / Noobish" Ride List for 2014
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2014, 07:34:59 PM »
Surely you didn't think this topic for the 1,344,589th time would go smoothly did you?  But your snarky sarcasm is ok though,lmao!! 

I was not being sarcastic.  I was honestly sad to see what started as a very good conversation be turned towards the usual drivel, and by the usual suspects. 

Slightly off topic - I find it interesting that your post changed since I first quoted it.  I almost didn't notice that.  See my post at 6:24:11PM intially quoting your posting.  Strange how it went from "That would be dumb (token personal attack)" to "But your snarky sarcasm is ok though,lmao!!" and yet the post shows no indication it was edited.  How odd. 

Now I'm being sarcastic...but thanks for the thought provoking revelation.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2014, 07:38:02 PM »
I was not being sarcastic.  I was honestly sad to see what started as a very good conversation be turned towards the usual drivel, and by the usual suspects. 

Slightly off topic - I find it interesting that your post changed since I first quoted it.  I almost didn't notice that.  See my post at 6:24:11PM intially quoting your posting.  Strange how it went from "That would be dumb (token personal attack)" to "But your snarky sarcasm is ok though,lmao!!" and yet the post shows no indication it was edited.  How odd. 

Now I'm being sarcastic...but thanks for the thought provoking revelation.

I have a hack for the BBS and no patience for retreads I guess...especially when the F-18 Super Brewster is being back-patted for notta
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 07:41:17 PM »
I never made any accusations.  I simply said it was thought provoking and thanked you.   

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »
Slightly off topic - I find it interesting that your post changed since I first quoted it.  I almost didn't notice that.  See my post at 6:24:11PM intially quoting your posting.  Strange how it went from "That would be dumb (token personal attack)" to "But your snarky sarcasm is ok though,lmao!!" and yet the post shows no indication it was edited.  How odd.  

I think you have up to a minute to edit after you make a post and it won't show that the post had been edited.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2014, 08:10:35 PM »
I believe you are correct.  Still...interesting.  :)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2014, 08:28:31 PM »
Ponies, K4, all 190's, P47's, Spit 16, La7, Tempest, Typhoons, and F4U's.

All super easy noob rides to the 10th power.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2014, 08:56:43 PM »
I guess Brewsters are good planes but I don't remember having all that much trouble with them.

I once held four at bay at about 15K starting from an alt disadvantage and killed three of them.  I also got into a slow T'n'B fight with one one day and beat him using verticle obliques.  Both these were while flying a Spit of course.

Not sure why people think they're so awsome.  Zeke's are much harder to beat in a pure T'n'B fight almost regardless of the pilot.

The real problem is probably taking on the combination of a T'n'B plane flying in tandem with a fast B'n'Z plane who, together, can force the fight whatever direction they want it to go.  Inevitably the B'n'Zer will get the opposition to turn and the T'n'B plane will saddle up for the kill and thus, this thread is filled with T'n'Bers being listed as EZ mode.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2014, 09:10:09 PM »
I guess Brewsters are good planes but I don't remember having all that much trouble with them.

I once held four at bay at about 15K starting from an alt disadvantage and killed three of them.  I also got into a slow T'n'B fight with one one day and beat him using verticle obliques.  Both these were while flying a Spit of course.

Not sure why people think they're so awsome.  Zeke's are much harder to beat in a pure T'n'B fight almost regardless of the pilot.

The real problem is probably taking on the combination of a T'n'B plane flying in tandem with a fast B'n'Z plane who, together, can force the fight whatever direction they want it to go.  Inevitably the B'n'Zer will get the opposition to turn and the T'n'B plane will saddle up for the kill and thus, this thread is filled with T'n'Bers being listed as EZ mode.
True that. But I think what happens more often is that the TnB planes gets the target all busied up for the BnZ plane to get a nice, big aspect shot.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2014, 11:27:33 PM »
The A6M3 and A6M5 both out climb and out accelerate the Brewster by wide margins.  This is why nobody who thinks about stuff instead of going on what they feel takes any of the whines about the Brewster seriously.  The people who whine about it blatantly and repeatedly exaggerate its capabilities.
Cool your charts show climb rate and sustained turns...

I have thousands of hours in the MA and have had hundreds of 1v1s in the last 3 months.(not a thousand hours flying last 3 months of course) I understand all of your arguments completely even Ack Ack about flat turning a brew is stupid  :rolleyes: ....tracking got that.

Triton already showed the 460 mph....that compares to a 152s diving ability not anything of its own class except maybe a hurricane 2c (both of which should have the 2Cs any).

It has great stall characteristics... because it doesn't have them it fly's like an RV8 in the stall.

This is one of the planes in the game where I can up a be very close to positive that I can score 5+ kills. Literally got into a brew discussion on 200 then landed 6 in it...then the next day beat WMaker up in it in the DA.

The plane doesn't need any practice to fly it...other then it's a little slower then most planes but it's turn rate and it's "flying whirble" ability make up for that ten fold....at least zeaks have crap guns.(wait for the it only has 4 50 argument.. that gun package is good for 6-8 A2A kills easily with how easy it is to saddle up on people in the MA.)
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2014, 01:55:50 AM »
then the next day beat WMaker up in it in the DA.

Actually you didn't "beat up" anything.

Yeh, I did auger few times indeed while being drunk as skunk. :) What you forget is you got shot down as well. Since you insist on taking this up time and again and gloating and bragging on nothing I guess I should dig the films up.

I must say I don't really feel like going through many gigabytes worth of compressed folders to find it though.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:17 AM »
Done got us an ego dust up a brewing.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:16 AM »
The shallow dive in that situation was best because it forced the Brewster to give up more of his advantage than he should have, which allowed him to equalize E states and rope him with a superior climbing plane.  That doesn't mean the Brewster can't out dive the 38, it just means AKAK was smarter and more aware than the Brewster pilot.  

If your looking for performance attributes that the brewster has over whatever plane you were flying its probably more than likely acceleration over a certain speed, or it could be the performance of the plane you are trying to escape in? I wouldn't take anything as a given in any plane regardless of its supposed performance the pilot is always the defining factor, leave the film running and watch it back for when the brewster gets you.

Personally I find brewsters a non issue, there are planes like an f4u4 or ki84 where it will be a close run thing in the vert vs a D9, but a Brewster in a rope like AKAK says is easy once its energy is gone.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:39 AM »
Same here.  
I'm pretty sure there are a few others out there who fly the Zeke who have done the same thing i.e. slowly trick their opponents into bleeding off their E without assistance in order to kill them.  Nishi comes readily to mind as one who I've seen do it repeatedly.

Fulcrum, thanks for the kind words here and in another thread that I can't recall the name of.  :salute

Rather than take issue with or disparage other's opinions of my beloved Zeke, I will just offer up the reasons that I, a 15+ year vet of the genre.... Have chosen it as my favorite bird.  I love to turn fight..... period.  No nefarious nor sinister reason behind it.   It just suits my preferred fighting style better than any other....  period.  Do I get plenty of scavengerish type kills in it?   Yes...  Do those make up a majority of my kills in it?.... I honestly couldn't tell you, but I can definitively say that that is NOT the reason I fly it.

The adrenaline rush that comes with engaging another Zeke, brew, Oscar.... (Insert uber turny bird name here) and emerging the victor (While dodging countless pick attempts I might add).....  IS the reason I fly the paper mache Zippo.

My mindset may very well be the minority mindset among Zeke drivers and I don't presume to know how many Zeke drivers are of the scavenger mentality.  It may be that an overwhelming majority of Zeke drivers possess that mentality to acknowledge Changeup's position.

I also gain a great deal of satisfaction from successfully evading numerous passes from a advantageously positioned (Insert uber BnZ bird name here) all while somewhat equalizing E states....  (Karnak and Fulcrum's "trick", which I prefer to liken to a chess match)... At the very least narrowing the E states gap enough to get that momentary lucky fatal snapshot that has garnered me more than a few haxxor pm's.  

Food for thought..... Who is more invested in the "fight" (that increasingly elusive utopia that so many of us old timers seek) down and dirty in a furball??  Is it that dastardly, scavenging, bottom feeder Zeke,  or the speedy Pony zooming repeatedly through the furball picking off whatever stalled red guys he can find?  I submit the Pony is more of a "scavenger" than the Zeke is.    Furthermore I can guarantee which one of the two is statistically more likely to survive the furball.  

:salute Nishizwa
Frequent "noob" Zeke driver, and dang proud of it!  :aok:

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post do not necessarily represent the views held by my squad or a majority of fellow oldtimers.   :old:

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2014, 05:28:26 AM »
This has MOAT potential.  We shall wait.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
Ponies, K4, all 190's, P47's, Spit 16, La7, Tempest, Typhoons, and F4U's.

All super easy noob rides to the 10th power.

I disagree.  With the exception of the Spit 16.  I find the more manueverable plans much easier to fight.  Especially from a disadvantaged postition.
Fight's on!