Author Topic: Fighting  (Read 9164 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Fighting
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2014, 11:19:16 AM »
That would be ways .... not way. Every situation requires a different way to address it. If you don't know that, that's fine.
What this thread is really about is an attempt to change the perceived behavior of others (that and yet another attention thread
for Changeup). Perceived because it's always been a case of presumption when it comes to why the other player/pilot does
anything. You already know my opinion of the segment of the community that has an apparent need to be the 'behavior police.'

Very simply, nothing's broke when it comes to other players. Stop whining that it is.  :D

There are different ways to fly around for 6 hours and get two kills?  lol

You obviously fly for a reason.  What is that reason?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
You obviously fly for a reason.  What is that reason?

I enjoy AHII. I enjoy flying with my friends and squadies. What is your reason? (And if you
say it's just to get kills then I'm sorry for you with your K/D or .75)  :D

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2014, 12:00:29 PM »
If your going to talk crap about K/D then I vote for a K/D competition Arlo… I'd put my money on Triton to win that one.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2014, 12:13:05 PM »
I enjoy AHII. I enjoy flying with my friends and squadies. What is your reason? (And if you
say it's just to get kills then I'm sorry for you with your K/D or .75)  :D

A lot of people like to fly with squaddies and friends.  Some of those people actually engage in lots of fights while they're doing it.  You don't.  Why?

As for my K/D, flying a P-40 at TT tends to pork one's stats, but is usually lots of fun.  What's your excuse for .20 in a 1A?   :)

My motivation to play this game is primarily competing against others in simulated aerial combat.  I do other stuff sometimes, but I mostly just want to fight.  I find when I actually fight (even when I lose), I can usually glean a little bit of something from it and that makes me just a little better than I was before.  I like the feeling of getting a little better at something I do, because that tells me my time spent is worthwhile.

See how easy that is?
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2014, 12:19:32 PM »
Anyone in this thread wanna go spank on me in the DA?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2014, 12:20:11 PM »
If your going to talk crap about K/D then I vote for a K/D competition Arlo… I'd put my money on Triton to win that one.

Relax, BluBerry. Twas Triton that started point-making with stats. That's never productive.
It's also Triton who is presuming I've never played in the furballs or took chances. I'm not
chest-thumping, ol boy. I've never been one to pretend to be the best of the best. Are you?

This thread isn't about skill. It's about attitude. Real and imagined. It's about attention. It's
about perception. It's not really about helping the community. :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2014, 12:22:59 PM »
My motivation to play this game is primarily competing against others in simulated aerial combat.  I do other stuff sometimes, but I mostly just want to fight.  I find when I actually fight (even when I lose), I can usually glean a little bit of something from it and that makes me just a little better than I was before.  I like the feeling of getting a little better at something I do, because that tells me my time spent is worthwhile.

See how easy that is?

And you're posting this as if it's an epiphany new and unique to you (or you and your ilk)?

Do you know what actually impresses me (and most others)? It's less whining and more doing.
Fly and set the example. Whine on the forum less.  :aok

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
It's not really about helping the community. :D

It was helpful to the community in the beginning, but then again your not worried about helping the community because you show up and just post a picture. You don't contribute to anything other then reigniting an old fire and giving us some fun drama to catch up on before football starts.  :cheers:

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2014, 12:43:54 PM »
You spend to much time trying to make your replies crafty. I've grown bored. I will check in later to see what you come up with.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »
It was helpful to the community in the beginning ...

Not so much. It's really just frustration masquerading as John Wayne. John Wayne was
never this frustrated.  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
You spend to much time trying to make your replies crafty. I've grown bored. I will check in later to see what you come up with.

Mmok. *ShruG*  ;)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2014, 12:54:03 PM »
It was helpful to the community in the beginning, but then again your not worried about helping the community because you show up and just post a picture. You don't contribute to anything other then reigniting an old fire and giving us some fun drama to catch up on before football starts.  :cheers:

bluberry this thread was never about helping the community.  it was an attempt at another "look at me I have skill and you have none" thread.

the question was "Why don't more players stay in an aerial fight during gameplay in any aerial situation?"

I laughed at most of the answers because there isnt a single player that posted that has stayed until every single enemy con is gone.  regardless of how many times they post here that they will stay until they die. they have all turned around to go land kills for one excuse they come up or another.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2014, 01:00:17 PM »

I laughed at most of the answers because there isnt a single player that posted that has stayed until every single enemy con is gone.  regardless of how many times they post here that they will stay until they die. they have all turned around to go land kills for one excuse they come up or another.

semp

LOL ok thank u for that one. got me laughing. So your saying in the history of aces high no one has ever upped from a field, been attacked or come across lets say 2-3 bandits, killed them all.. and then decided.. "ok now that no one is around anymore to fight, or now that I'm out of bullets, I will go land."
So you think every time someone lands kills its because at some point they ran away from red guys?

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2014, 01:05:41 PM »
bluberry this thread was never about helping the community.  it was an attempt at another "look at me I have skill and you have none" thread.

the question was "Why don't more players stay in an aerial fight during gameplay in any aerial situation?"

semp

You really don't get it and likely never will.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2014, 01:08:57 PM »
It was helpful to the community in the beginning,

Exactly how was it helpful to the community?

You don't contribute to anything other then reigniting an old fire

Actually the OP reignited the old flame. It is the same tired old crap only posed as a question or poll instead of the usual whine or insult. These forums are full of them and they're usually started by the same cast of characters. For whatever reason they have to scream lookatme every few days and spout what mighty internet warriors they are. Once the thread is posted their buddies show up to stroke their egos and reaffirm their make believe warrior status. There will another thread of this nature along in a couple of days, if it takes that long.

Go Seahawks. :P

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV