Author Topic: Why can't we all just get along?  (Read 1680 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why can't we all just get along?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 11:16:08 AM »
GTA V enjoying massive global success.

Shows true nature of humans.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »

Im it playing on PS3, online is a blast i love stealing the fighter jets from the AFB lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 11:45:27 AM »
Lack of sunshine.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »
Some of us play a combat game, why is anyone surprised that people often become combative?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2014, 12:58:51 PM »
Some of us play a combat game, why is anyone surprised that people often become combative?

Apparently we must be good boys when not killing each other...  :x
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »

That's sig material right there.  :aok

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »
Because the current environment in the US (a large part of the player base) is that it's "never my fault".  A complete lack of personal responsibility has lead to everything from warning labels to entitlements.  

Back in the day, if you put your hand under a lawn mower and lost a finger, you said, "MAN, why did I do that?"  Today the first thing out of your mouth is "MAN, why wasn't there a sticker to tell me not to do that?" and you commence legal proceedings against the manufacturer.   :rolleyes:

Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 02:02:14 PM »
Because the current environment in the US (a large part of the player base) is that it's "never my fault".  A complete lack of personal responsibility has lead to everything from warning labels to entitlements.  

Back in the day, if you put your hand under a lawn mower and lost a finger, you said, "MAN, why did I do that?"  Today the first thing out of your mouth is "MAN, why wasn't there a sticker to tell me not to do that?" and you commence legal proceedings against the manufacturer.   :rolleyes:
i blame the upper middle class snooty arsehats and rich buffoons...

law school motto...thar's gold in them thar idjits.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »
I have trouble believing the extent to which AHII is a niche interest. First of all, WWII FLYING!!! Second, IMHO it is the best combat flight sim in the genre. Made by a small team dedicated quality...it is equivalent to craft beer. I consistently recommend this to anyone with an interest in online games.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Gemini

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 02:40:15 PM »
Half the idiotic stuff on the board is people taking things way too seriously.

thread over :)  lots of sensitive souls on here

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:10 PM »
I have trouble believing the extent to which AHII is a niche interest. First of all, WWII FLYING!!! Second, IMHO it is the best combat flight sim in the genre. Made by a small team dedicated quality...it is equivalent to craft beer. I consistently recommend this to anyone with an interest in online games.

Learning curve + input device cost (yes I know there are some terrifying sticks that fly with a mouse.  You're freaks, get over it) + pretty much sandbox style gameplay means it's different from 95% of the other games out there.  I personally think the main reason it's a niche game is the lack of direction it gives you.  You're free to do whatever you feel like doing, and that leaves a lot of people doing the same thing every day and getting bored.

As to why we can't all get along, combine combative gameplay with anonymity with egos...  You get what you see in the MA every day.

Although to be honest, the channels in this game are nothing compared to most online games I've seen.  I had once seen online console chat described as a bunch of teenagers communicating via homophobic racism.  I thought it was an exaggeration til I saw it for myself.  We have it good, folks.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2014, 02:46:24 PM »
Half the idiotic stuff on the board is people taking things way too seriously.  The way I deal with it is this:  if something offends me to the point of anger, I don't reply for 12-48 hours.

This also helps me not to engage others while having "feelings", not to mention less typos due to "hurry up and respond to this arse face!" Syndrome.

No one wins the internets.  Don't let others bother you.  Some folks just wear their arse hole above the shoulders.

<S>
OH GOD!!! NOT FEELINGS!!!!!!
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »
Learning curve + input device cost (yes I know there are some terrifying sticks that fly with a mouse.  You're freaks, get over it) + pretty much sandbox style gameplay means it's different from 95% of the other games out there.  I personally think the main reason it's a niche game is the lack of direction it gives you.  You're free to do whatever you feel like doing, and that leaves a lot of people doing the same thing every day and getting bored.

I've always played with $20 Saitek290s...I'm average, but the stick really isn't a factor.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2014, 06:20:54 PM »
Peace talks shall not be a negotiation unless you bring pie.  :banana:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2014, 08:48:28 AM »
One learns on a very early age (by the sandbox in the yard) that there are bullies who want to dominate the games and childs plays. Usually they want to play the game with your toys too and god help you if you disagree. And when you go crying to your mother she comforts you by saying that those boys have it bad and that you should understand them. Sometimes, especially in case of fathers, they say that those kids are just plain stupid and can't unfortunately help it.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:55:52 AM by LLv34_Dictonius »
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät