Author Topic: Perk system  (Read 1092 times)

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
Perk system
« on: January 12, 2014, 07:42:27 PM »
1: I would like all the major LW rides like the SPIT 16, P-51, ect. to have a small (1-2) perk cost
2: Perk bomb loads on fighters over 1000lbs
3: Players with a score of >1000 will not be charged for number 1
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Perk system
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »
3: Players with a score of >1000 will not be charged for number 1

You mean rank? That's easy to achive.  Just don't do GV and buffs and your rank won't be <1000 even when being one of the best fighter pilots in game.
If you now say "fighter rank", fly attack only, have a crappy fighter rank and still get free 51's and 16s.

In other words: It would not work. 'Bad' rank doesn't necessarily mean 'bad' pilot. Easy to game downwarsd (actually much easier than to game your rank 'up')  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 07:56:03 PM »
personally I think EVERY plane, should have a perk cost...except for the very early stuff...such as the hurri1..spit1.....

all bomb load outs should have a perk cost.....

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 07:59:48 PM »
tuton the question is why would you want to perk  them.?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 08:02:33 PM »
personally I think EVERY plane, should have a perk cost...except for the very early stuff...such as the hurri1..spit1.....

w00t! New and the vast majority of average players would be stuck in the most basic EW crates while I and other AH vets could still buzz along in hotrod LW planes. An arena full of slow targets... my 190A5 will be like a 262 to them!  :banana:

In other words: Who's going to benefit from it? Who will be 'paying the price'? And what will that mean for overall gameplay mechanics if 80% of the players will be in EW planes?  :old:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »
w00t! New and the vast majority of average players would be stuck in the most basic EW crates while I and other AH vets could still buzz along in hotrod LW planes. An arena full of slow targets... my 190A5 will be like a 262 to them!  :banana:

In other words: Who's going to benefit from it? Who will be 'paying the price'? And what will that mean for overall gameplay mechanics if 80% of the players will be in EW planes?  :old:

as it is now it would not work, but with the new missions and AI....an arena that is made for missions....in the beginning it would be training missions....as you progress the missions become harder...earning more perks......

I really liked the idea of CT as another aspect of AH....that way I could choose if I want to play along the lines of a WW2 sim...trying to stay alive and accomplish missions objectives......like FSO...or just want to play in the giant sandbox of the MA....

I bet then if we had that aspect...a "career" that is separate from the MA...while perks earned could be spent in the MA......there would be less people that ran to stay alive...the fights would be more intense....

Offline Sempify

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »
I think a sort of reward system for completing mission would be great!!!!!!

For example a drop down menu that selects the goal of the mission (That only the mission leader can see( Anti Spy Method))
for ex.. If you want to take a base. If you suceed you get a  sec value of perks idk like 15.

Another thing if every plane is perked then the perk income would have to be boosted!

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 09:52:49 AM »
I think the current perk system is ok, but I would like to see perks reset to zero after a 30 or 90 day period of time. Many of us have so many perks that we could fly 262s for months and not be affected by any loss.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2014, 10:07:56 AM »
I think the current perk system is ok, but I would like to see perks reset to zero after a 30 or 90 day period of time. Many of us have so many perks that we could fly 262s for months and not be affected by any loss.

Actually it's not really many. Out of the thousands of AH players in each tour, only a minority of vets has that many perks. And resetting perks after 30 days means the majority of players would never be able to fly a 262 (or drive a King Tiger) at all. Even with 90 days most players would still have a lot of trouble to save up enough perks to fly a jet at standard rates. Or a formation of B-29s. In that case, they may drop any thought of flying mid-ENY planes for better perk gains and just jump into the best non perked low-ENY fighters available, as earning perks simply doesn't make any sense to them anymore.

On the other hand,  the few above average player which basically live in the AH arenas will still be able to fly the 262 at the same rate, as only they are able to earn enough perks in the time given.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2014, 11:05:31 AM »

This is an interesting thought.  I looked at my Perks and I have more than enough for say around 35-40 262's, 10-15 AR-234's and 85-90 Tiger II's.  Maybe we could turn them in for a t-shirt or something.  I just do not spend them often enough.  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:30 PM »
I looked at my Perks and I have more than enough for say around 35-40 262's, 10-15 AR-234's and 85-90 Tiger II's. 

I currently can afford

2xMe 262
4x B-29 formations
8x Tiger II

at standard price.  :old:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 12:55:55 PM »
Since it's the wishlist, I won't say you are "wrong".  I will though ask why you think this is needed.  Make your case....
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 01:06:50 PM »
I currently can afford

2xMe 262
4x B-29 formations
8x Tiger II

My bad I did not know that the B-29 is the standard currency for bomber perks.  ;)
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Vortex

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2014, 04:05:45 PM »
w00t! New and the vast majority of average players would be stuck in the most basic EW crates while I and other AH vets could still buzz along in hotrod LW planes. An arena full of slow targets... my 190A5 will be like a 262 to them!  :banana:

In other words: Who's going to benefit from it? Who will be 'paying the price'? And what will that mean for overall gameplay mechanics if 80% of the players will be in EW planes?  :old:

There is precident for the "everything has a cost but the most basic" concept in a wide array of games. Experience/time in game grants greater access. Its just another method of hanging a carrot out there. I don't mind the concept. However I tend to prefer rolling plane sets.But that format is usually not terribly popular.
--)-Vortex----
The Musketeers, circa 1990

AH In-Game Handle: Vort

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2014, 04:12:21 PM »
I currently can afford

2xMe 262
4x B-29 formations
8x Tiger II

I feel a little special now. 

3k fighters 2k bomber 3k vehicle 

But then again i have no knowledge of how to use those perky rides, so not so special now.

:lol
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend