Author Topic: 37 MM guns HELP!  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: 37 MM guns HELP!
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 10:46:20 AM »
This from a country of caps.  :rolleyes:

Ha!!  STRAIGHT caps!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »
I bet when you go to get your veneers, you happen to call them venereals.  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »
I've always wondered why that particular breed of idiot (conspiracy theorist) never seems to realize that your appearance can add to or detract from your credibility, especially with tenuous "evidence" that is really just speculation, and may in fact be purely coincidence in most cases.

It's entertainment.  Nothing more. 

While I happen to have an open mind about things like UFOs, I find most of these shows to be so far fetched and rampant with wild speculation they are almost unwatchable.

BTW - I would one day like to watch a show on the History Channel that is actually ABOUT HISTORY rather than aliens, inbred alligator hunters, doomday prepers, people who buy junk and pawn shops.  Just sayin'.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 11:54:44 AM »
It's entertainment.  Nothing more. 

While I happen to have an open mind about things like UFOs, I find most of these shows to be so far fetched and rampant with wild speculation they are almost unwatchable.

BTW - I would one day like to watch a show on the History Channel that is actually ABOUT HISTORY rather than aliens, inbred alligator hunters, doomday prepers, people who buy junk and pawn shops.  Just sayin'.

It's historically important to document stupidity  :old: How else will we learn from mistakes
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 12:43:23 PM »

Wouldn't we all....but IIRC their slogan is "History...Made every day"   and if that's gonna be our history, well folks...we are in trouble  :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
Remember when the History Channel was about just that???  Like when the Weather Channel was about the WEATHER???  I didn't mind when they ran a 1-2hr segment about tornadoes, hurricanes, etc. around 1-2am.  But they would always cut to the weather every 5 minutes, if I recall correctly.  Now????  I think they have some weather in their whateverthehellitisnow channel. :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2014, 01:33:25 PM »
I bet when you go to get your veneers, you happen to call them venereals.  :old:

Mine are perfect

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »

Does anyone else miss that show, Mail Call?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 04:14:29 PM »

Does anyone else miss that show, Mail Call?

It would have been better with Gunny Highway

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 03:32:43 PM »
A few times, I've landed about 200 or more hits on a wirb over a 2 minute period with the field ack 37mm and no effect.

An auto ack on the same field will destroy that same wirb in 3 seconds.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 05:54:56 PM »
I'm not sure a 37mm should do anything to our actual tanks, unless we've got spalling modeled (we very obviously don't). I mean what are 200 of your 37mm HE rounds going to do that a 75mm HE round can't do?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 06:32:09 PM »
I don't know if Hitech modeled the NS-37 HE to the tested specs against armor. At 200m it could crack and shatter 20mm steel plate. Offline testing against the wirbel with the Yak -9T, one hit first pass to disable the gun. Second pass at a steep angle shooting into the engine hatch 2-3 rounds where armor is 11mm, wirbel blows up.

Tony Williams has put up a new photo gallery that's an eye opener about MG and cannon cartridges.

http://milpas.cc/rifles/ZFiles/Misc/Cartridge%20Collection/PHOTO%20GALLERY.html

Here is some fun......

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 06:34:56 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.